“Good, Clean, Hotel with Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Clovis, NM
“Good, Clean, Hotel with Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

Checked into the Ramada on 7/19/07. The sink didn't drain in my room so I was switched to another room. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. AC was noisy on low setting but worked fine. Ramada has a 4:40-6:30 Continental Breakfast which was great for people getting early flights. There were lots of guests down in the lobby at 5 AM. I wish that other hotels offered this. The Ramada compares favorably to other chain hotels and offers a restaurant and bar. Service was fast and prices were very reasonable. They had a breakfast buffet on the weekends. I don't agree with the other ratings. My room was clean and comparable to other hotels/motels in the same price range.

Stayed July 2007
4 Thank Dispencer

Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2007

We stayed at the Ramada for our Family Reunion. We were told that the hotel had been recently renovated. The renovations must've been done in a secret location. The staff seriously lacked customer service. Almost all of our family members complained about something and were told..."There's nothing we can do about it". A few were even told to go find another hotel. If you desperately need a place to stay, I would recommend your car over this hotel.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank tpraise110
Mechanicsburg, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

What a stay! We picked the Ramada because it had the cheapest park and fly deal. Check in went smooth and our room was well, just a room. Two beds, a bathroom, and a TV. My family was hungry at the time because we hadn't eaten since lunch at home. We went the Key West Bar and Grill. We knew there would be issues the momment we stepped in because the woman sat us down and gave us no menus. What kind of restaurant is that?! Then she said she would get to us whenever she had a chance. There were 3 other parties of people in there (waiting just like us). After 15 minutes, I got up to get menus. 10 minutes after that, the bartender took our order. We waited around 35 minutes for the food then. The people beside us started talking to us and complain about the service. The waitress even told one of them to sit down when he wanted another drink. The food did taste good. I have to admit that. Then the waitress couldn't bring up the bill on the computer. She didn't know how to add or work the cash register. Throughout the meal, the bartender and waitress would argue. Then to make it worst; the bar started karoke. The people were half drunk and sounded horrible. My family and I were glad to leave that bad atmosphere. Oh gosh....then we had to get breakfast at this place. You get meal coupons when you check in. They are worth $8 each. We asked for it to be quick, since we had to make our flight. It actually didn't take that long. The bagels, toast, and English muffin were burnt. Thank goddness the ride to the airport wasn't too bad. It was about 10 minutes away.
To sum it up the food was expensive, workers need a lesson in customer service, and overall they need to speed up their act. I don't think you are going to catch me back here.

• Liked — blueberry pie in vending machine...quickest food service
  • Disliked — restaurant
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveler0714
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2007

We stayed at the BWI Ramada on an icy night in February when the airlines were cancelling flights out of BWI and about a third of the residences in Anne Arundel County were without power. The Ramada, in notable contrast to other properties around the airport, did not gouge its customers (other hotels were charging $50-$150 premiums over rack). The front desk staff were courteous and helpful. The hotel itself is rather ordinary -- clean and well-maintained, if cheaply appointed. The restaurant appears to be understaffed; while the food was surprisingly good for an airport hotel, the service was exceedingly slow.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank MarylandTraveler75
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2007

I'm quite surprised there's a Ramada in the chain this awful! Pulled down the bedspread and saw (a) Hair and (b) A little bug. Need I go further? Pillows were lumpy. Sheets are paper-thin. Furniture falling apart. Bathtub dented and chipped. Room was ice cold - heat ran all night and never warmed up the room. (20 degrees outside) Slept in my clothes. Honest! Skip this place. Tell your friends!

• Disliked — It was nasty!!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2007

My family held a birthday/reunion celebration here in November. The site was chosen due to its central location amongst the families. It's your typical Ramada--a basic hotel at which to sleep. Outdated rooms but clean with not-so-comfortable beds.

The Ramada has a larger "suite" where the family gathered the first night to meet and greet and a decent ballroom for our celebration brunch the following day. The food was decent--I was surprised to see hummus there--but the raspberry sauce(?) on the fish was "interesting." It wasn't necessary and was kinda scary-looking. The food, overall, was still pretty fresh and tasty.

The location is near the Arundal Mills Mall and so a few of the younger crowd went over to Dave & Buster's the night before. Aside from the horrible parking situation, it was a fun time.

Back to the Ramada--there is a bar downstairs and they allowed us to use the back of the restaurant to hang out later the second night. The beer selection was very limited and they didn't offer too many "typical" beers. There were a few but there were some beers I'd never heard of (and I am a beer snob).

The problem I had with this place was the check out. I had called the hotel THREE times prior to confirm my reservation at the group rate they gave us (my mom wanted to add on and then decided not to after all). All was good each time. However, upon check in, they charged us the full rate. Once we checked out, the front desk clerk couldn't figure out how to adjust the price. I offered suggestions such as adjusting the rate on my credit card much like restaurants do when they swipe and adjust for the tip or mistakes. He could not figure this out and made us stand there for over a half hour!!! He went into the back, called someone on a cell phone and never apologized for the delay blaming us that we should've told him about the mistake in price before he checked us out. We were running on a tight schedule and got very behind because of this disasterous man. I'm just glad we didn't have a plane to catch; otherwise, I don't think we would've made it. My sister had the same problem except, lucky for her, she caught it in time.

Bottom line: double check your bill upon check in and prior to closing out! The Ramada has outdated computers and incompetent staff!

• Liked — nothing stood out really
  • Disliked — the front desk staff!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
York, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2006

We booked this hotel because of the park and fly. Arrived around 3 pm and dropped our bags and left right away to visit family. That was a mistake. I should have paid more attention to the room. When we returned around midnight is when I got a good look at the room. It was filthy. I called downstairs and told them and they pretty much told me, 'so what'. The ride to the airport was another filthy experience. The van driver was rude, the van was dirty and in horrible condition. I contacted Ramada Inn when we returned home. I requested a refund and they decided to send me a partial refund and now won't explain or return my emails or calls. I WILL NEVER TRUST RAMADA INN AGAIN. There are too many nice hotels near BWI to stay in this dump.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank outamoney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
Holiday Inn BWI Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway
Hampton Inn and Suites Arundel Mills / Baltimore
Fairfield Inn & Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport
The Hotel at Arundel Preserve

Been to Ramada BWI Airport/Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!