“A wonderful Event” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Akron, Ohio
“A wonderful Event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

Arrived to BWI airport to stay at the hotel and attend my cousin's wedding which was also on the hotel's premises. The young boy who picked me up from the airport at 1 AM was so pleasant and being that it was so late and that I was tired, he offered to take my luggage to my room. I didn't expect this from a hotel of this type and size. It was very late when I arrived so I went to bed immediately and I had a comfortable nights stay. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfy. I loved the pillows. I had a great hotel stay and I was extremely impressed with my cousin's wedding which was being thrown at the hotel. the catering facility was beautifully decorated - I loved the large crystal chandeliers- and the food was spectacular. It was one of the nicer weddings I have been to. Both the hotel and catering were fantastic.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
White Lake, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

I stayed here one night in June prior to a 6:15 AM flight from BWI. Was out most of the evening so I missed a two-hour power outage (which likely would have made me pretty angry to sit in a dark hotel, so glad I missed that). The room was decent, pretty standard for a Ramada property. Decent bathroom, comfy bed, older style TV but had a decent amount of channels. Continental breakfast in the morning started at like 4 or 4:30 (great for those 6 AM flights) and had pre-wrapped bagels which was awesome cause you could take them to-go and eat on the plane. I really thought that was a nice touch.

I think one thing that needs improvement is the customer service. The hotel computer was broken and I couldn't print my boarding pass. Nobody could fix it and no one seemed interested in fixing it. Another group of people the morning I was leaving arranged to do a park and fly and weren't able to get the shuttle time they needed, and no one picked up the phone when they called (apparently this was because of the power outage). Be forewarned if you intend to do a park/fly they only have a shuttle every 30 minutes and it accommodates like 10 people - it needs to be pre-reserved and seems to fill up quickly...

Other than that, Id stay here again if flying to/from BWI...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
United kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

A hidden gem in that its tucked away on a business park, but being near the airport you can leave the car in the car park and take the free shuttle to the station for a trip to Washington or get the light rail from BWI airport into Baltimore, handy for the arundel mills outlet mall too

Staff were friendly and great as well

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I booked this hotel's park/sleep/fly rate, with my overnight stay at the end of my trip. I returned late morning, aware that a room may not have been available at that time of day but the front desk staff was friendly, courteous, and professional, and was able to find a room for me. The room itself was not extraordinary, but the lighting and set-up were perfect for using my laptop. The internet service was a little slow occasionally, but not incredibly so. The bed was VERY comfortable and I had a good nights' sleep. The bathroom was clean but showed signs of wear. One other thing that I liked about this hotel is that they serve a continental breakfast beginning at 4 am, which is great if you have an early morning flight - most hotels don't begin their breakfast service until 6 am.

There was only one minor flaw during my stay, but it would not prevent me from staying at this location again: I went into the hotel's restaurant for dinner at around 7 pm. The bar is part of the restaurant, and there happened to be a group of people at the bar singing karaoke - very, very loudly. So loudly that I could hardly hear my server when she took my dinner order. In retrospect I should have left the restaurant immediately and ordered room service but at least I had a few laughs during my meal. Again, that is not something that would prevent me from staying in this location again. In fact, I would stay at this hotel again if I return to that area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

We stayed at the Ramada BWI on their Park & Fly for one night in April 2010. The hotel is difficult to find but, if you have a GPS it takes you right to the front door. Check in was no problem and in fact, they first gave us a king bed but cheerfully changed it to two beds upon request. We went out to the city for a few hours, which was quite easy to find, only problem was when we were leaving town, there was apparently a baseball game that night and traffic was terrible in downtown area. When we returned to the hotel, there was plenty of room to park near the front of the hotel where we left our car for 10 days. Room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was fine and the shuttle was scheduled for 5:30 AM and left at 5:35 AM. (They had to wait on a young man who was running late...) Trip to the airport took about 10-15 minutes and the driver was fine.
ONLY problem we had with this facility was the time it took to get a ride back to the hotel when we returned. I called twice and it took about 40 minutes from the first call till the van showed up. There was another couple one gate down at the airport that got picked up first and they said they were on the same flight as we were and that they had called twice too. Driver apologized for the delay and was very nice but I would have preferred a quicker response when we called. As I said, this was the only complaint and I WILL stay there again on future flights out of BWI. P.S. TOTAL cost for the night, breakfast and the shuttle ride both ways and taxes: $85.00 (+ tips not required but appreciated)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

I was surprised to read the negative comments as our stay from Feb 9th-13th, 2010 as we had an early flight the next morning. was so different. My husband and I reserved a room at the Ramada Inn (10 min from BWI) as we had an early flight the next morning. For $99 which included all taxes, we were able to stay the night, get shuttled to the airport, shuttled back on our return and have 2 weeks free parking----anything after that is $5 per day. Our flight on the 10th was canceled as was the next flight that we were given on the 11th because of the blizzard---Baltimore ended up with 44 inches of snow during that week which made travel quite difficult. We were finally able to get a flight out on Sat, the 13th and got to our destination safely.

This hotel was absolutely great and we would recommend it to all who want to leave out of BWI. When we arrived at the hotel on Tuesday evening, it had already begun to snow. A very pleasant young man brought in all of our baggage and then offered to park my car if I felt uncomfortable doing it myself. We found out later that he was the owner's 17 year old son, just helping out. We were given a large comfortable room and were grateful as we were there for four days. Everyone on the staff was so accomodating and always asked if we needed anything and were comfortable. Even with their shortage of help, there was a continental breakfast with fresh breads, muffins, etc., the restaurant served excellent food and housekeeping was willing to clean rooms. The dining room was staffed by the owner's other son who was on break from college and two waitresses who were staying at the hotel during this blizzard. His wife was at the desk and his 8 year old daughter mopped the front lobby so that no one would slip. The owner, Gus, was always around and on Friday offered the "stranded" guests a trip to the mall for a few hours just to get out for awhile. This was beyond his duties!!! I also heard nothing but good comments about the hotel from the other guests in our situation , as we spent time together in the lobby during breakfast and other times during the day during our stay. We were also available to a computer in the lobby for checking on flights and retrieving boarding passes.

Again, we have only high accolades for this hotel and will certainly use it again for our travels

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

We had an early morning flight out of BWI and decided to book a hotel at the airport for the night before the flight. Given the wildly variable reviews for the Ramada at BWI, I was a bit worried, but the hotel had the best deal: $87 plus taxes for a room for the night plus up to two weeks of parking. Honestly, it was fine, although if you are used to Marriott and better lodging you'll probably be a bit taken aback. Check-in was efficient and friendly, the room was clean, and I found the bed comfortable. The room had been renovated, but a bit oddly: e.g., none of the fixtures in the bathroom quite matched. The shuttle van left on time for the airport, and the driver was both courteous and a careful driver. When we called the hotel for the shuttle when we arrived back at BWI, it came promptly, but I suspect your wait will depend on how many others arrive and call for it around the same time. The return driver was fine, and our car was where we left it, undamaged. As far as I'm concerned, it was a great deal, and I'll definitely consider staying there the next time I have an early flight.

Minuses are: (1) The hotel is in the middle of nowhere--the only reason to stay there would be if you have business in the industrial park they're located in, or if you are using the park and fly deal. (2) The free breakfast is very limited, but given the price, I'm fine with cereal and coffee--and they start serving early, which is great. (3) The restaurant wasn't quite ready for prime time, and had a limited menu. I think the waitress must have been filling in for somebody else, given that she seemed to have no idea what she was doing, but at least she was pleasant.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada BWI Airport/Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!