“A hidden treasure” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Winchester
“A hidden treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Located close the BWI airport this gem is a little off the beaten path. However, once discovered you will find a very clean room with all the necessary amenities - coffee pot, microwave/refrigerator and in-room safe.
The bed was great and what surprised me the most was the quiet. No noise from the outside. Would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Room was reasonably equipped - mattress was comfortable. Check-in area and halls look worn but in the end, it is the room that matters.

The room was not expensive so under the circumstances, I feel I got a fair deal, i.e. this was a good value. I appreciate not getting gouged as some hotels will do when they know room availability is limited. If your travel preferences are in this range, this place may be for right for you.

Room Tip: Airport Shuttle Van does not run late at night (when you would need it if stranded) so expect a $25...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Delmar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

used to stay there about 6 years ago...And I can see a big improvement in the hotel, much cleaner, much nicer..and the staff is beyond friendly...You have a great bunch working there...I felt very save there staying alone...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Millersville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

They charged my credit card for a cancelled reservation and won't refund my money. I cancelled a ParkSleepFly reservation through that company and they refunded my deposit. Then I called the Ramada directly and cancelled it there as well, 5 days in advance of my trip. When my credit card bill showed up a month and a half later I saw the charge. I immediately called and they asked for a cancellation number. I admit I don't have one. Whether they gave me one, or not, I don't recall. I was in the middle of making of making lots of reservations for an out of the country vacation, too many details to remember. I offered to forward them the e-mail from SleepParkFly refund, not good enough.
So the lady I had to speak to (I'll be kind and not mention her name) was difficult for me to get a hold of. We played phone tag for a week. I asked to use e-mail instead in my phone messages but didn't never got one. When I finally got to speak to her she said without a cancellation number I would have to prove that I called the hotel. I asked, "How would I do that?" She said, "Provide phone records."
I had to go through 3 people at Comcast for them to show me where to access that info online. I found the page, it shows THEIR phone number on THE DATE that I told her I had called and cancelled. So I called back and she said their e-mail was down but I could send it to her personal e-mail, I did. Her response was that it wasn't enough. I had to show her a copy of my itemized phone bill! What phone company still provides a paper bill, itemized with each phone call you made?!
It took me SEVEN more phone calls to Comcast to get to their legal department and provide written request for this information (which I haven't received yet) to forward on to the Ramada. Meanwhile Ramada has my money.
I called again to the Ramada and spoke to a different manager. She told me to put all this information into an e-mail to her which will be seen by upper management. It's been two weeks and no one has even responded.
What a great way to scam unsuspecting customers. They are just making jump through hoops! Most people would have given up by now, but for me it is now about proving the point.
Don't give an unscrupulous company your money.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here the night before we left out of BWI Airport for Aruba.

The front desk was very accomodating with getting everything in order for our shuttle ride to the airport very early in the morning.

Even though we were leaving at 5:30 in the morning, breakfast, which is more than just cereal and muffins, was already waiting for us in the lobby. The shuttle driver was right on time to take us to the airport and helped us with all of our heavy luggage. We made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

When we returned from our trip, we were very tired, and the same shuttle driver, Mark, picked us up within fifteen minutes of us calling the hotel. We were extremely grateful for the fast service.

As far as the room goes, it was very clean and the beds were quite comfortable. Definitely worth the money for airport transportation, free parking, breakfast, and a clean room to spend the night in.

We would definitely stay here again.

J.R.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada BWI Airport/Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!