“Don't know which was worse - the plumbing or the guest relations” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #13 of 13 hotels in Hanover
New York City, New York
“Don't know which was worse - the plumbing or the guest relations”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

When we woke up in the morning wanting to shower before check out, the bathroom ceiling was leaking and had drenched the toilet and floor of our bathroom overnight. When maintenance came the man was nice to us about it, but when I happened to walk by the front desk I overheard him talking to the woman at the desk and saying how we shouldn't be refunded because "the shower was fine" - I'm sorry if I don't want to shower in a bathroom with a mysterious liquid dripping from the floor above. Also, you couldn't sit on the toilet without getting dripped on and he told us if he opened up the part of the ceiling that was leaking it would be "a cascade." They offered to give us a different room so we could shower but there was no time for that. I find it very rude to talk that way about a guest concern, even if you think they can't hear you. The beds were comfortable but I can't get past the poor guest relations and the fact that they were completely unwilling to try and resolve the problem. I'm not one to nitpick, but water coming down through the ceiling is not a trivial issue and should have been treated more seriously. We felt disrespected as guests and will not be returning to any Ramada property in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Woodbury, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My experience was horrible. After being promised 24 hour shuttle service, I decided to pay the $10.00 round trip shuttle fee to Maryland Live Casino. Upon paying the money, I was taken there within 15 minutes with no problems. However; getting back to the hotel was a different story.

I called the hotel for pick up at one o’clock in the morning. I was told they would be there shortly. I waited, waited and waited, and still waited after calling back to the hotel 4 more times, asking ‘Where is the shuttle?, I’m still standing out here waiting’. Each time, I was told “the shuttle is on the way”. After standing and waiting for over 2 hours, I had no choice but to take a cab back to the hotel, as I was tired of standing, and was very tired from a long day. The cab back to the hotel cost me another $20.00. Now, I have paid $30.00 for a trip that should have been only $10.00. I certainly could have, and would have driven my own car for much cheaper than $30.00 had I known the 24 hour shuttle service that the hotel offered was not reliable.

After discussing this horrendous problem with the Front Desk, I was told, they would only refund $5.00 back to me, because I had taken the shuttle over to the Casino. Just out of Human Courtesy, the full $10.00 should have been refunded. I wouldn’t have; and, I’m sure no one else would have paid any amount of money for shuttle service, just to be left and never picked back up. I can only thank God, that I didn’t have an Elderly Parent with me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this property the night before we flew to Myrtle Beach. It is very close to BWI, had shuttle service, and parking up to 14 days included. We were a bit worried that we had the wrong directions when we found ourselves in an industrial park. We found the Ramada in the back of the park. Upon check-in there were two wonderful staff members at the desk. These ladies were very personable and friendly. They attempted to print our boarding passes but their printers were not cooperating. The room was very clean and comfortable. We had a small breakfast before catching the shuttle for the airport. Again the staff was helpful and friendly. They were changing drivers at 8 am when were to leave but the replacement didn't show so the guy who was getting off work stayed and drove us. On our return, I called from the airport for our return and by the time we got out to the pick up location, the shuttle was pulling up--no wait at all. We were dropped off right at the car. Great door-to-door service!

We are going to my friend's granddaughter's first birthday party in August and it is to be Severn so we made reservations to stay at the Ramada once again.

• Stayed June 2013
Boalsburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The older ac unit made an annoying clicking sound all night long. The breakfast was marginal. The front desk people were very nice and charming.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada BWI Airport/Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!