“You get what you pay for...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #13 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Washington, DC
“You get what you pay for...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

All said and done, it's a Ramada. I was personally dissapointed in it, but it was much cheaper than other hotels in the area? My main problem? The rooms are aging. I couldn't open the window because of the noise. And as you can see by my pictures, my first shot of what I saw lying down on the bed was just gross.

The front desk folks were really nice, but it kind of stopped there. As I was leaving, the woman teasingly said, "Goodbye, We'll miss you, we love you." "Will you be back?" I jokingly said, "Never," but it wasn't so much a joke.

Peeling wall paper, unclean walls, and light shades that have seen much, much better days.

But, again...for the money? Well....it's one night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

you guys handle everything very well . The bed was very very comfortable & and I would recommend other about you .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

West Bloomfield, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We arrived late at night and were told to expect the shuttle to pick us up from BWI in 15 minutes. When I called again after waiting 25 minutes, I was told a story about the shuttle having to instead pick somebody up at the casino and that it would be to BWI soon to pick us up, but the hotel wouldn't give a new expected pick-up time. After another 15 minutes (now 40 minutes), I was asked to be patient. Meanwhile, shuttle vans from what seemed like every other airport area hotel came and went, some more than once. When the Ramada shuttle driver finally arrived after over 45 minutes, I was given yet another story which was completely opposite from the first story. The hotel staff needs to get their act together and their stories straight and accurate, and of course a 45 minute wait is totally unacceptable. When I complained by email, the hotel called, told me that the hotel shouldn't have provided an expected pick-up time (!) and offered me a 20% discount on my next stay. Really. They won't have to worry about their offer: I won't be returning.

Also, the shuttle is old (over 150,000 miles on it) and shows its age as poorly as the hotel. The room HVAC unit is noisy; we turned it off so that we could sleep. The continental breakfast is a poor effort of packaged pastries and other foods; nothing like that offered by other hotels that understand what quality is expected. I won't be back.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. It's not worth the savings.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dover, DE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Needs SERIOUS improvement on their Airport shuttle service....Parkside Grille was great for dinner, but the drinks were overpriced. Nice room, comfortable bed, etc. Best $ for a nights stay in the BWI area, but again the shuttle service needs major improvement.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ramada BWI Airport/Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!