“Very good meal for the price!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Odenton, Maryland
“Very good meal for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We were impressed with the quality of our steaks with this being a chain. Value of our meal was excellent. However, though we lucked out with a 15 minute wait, go early or be prepared for a long wait. The place is always packed when we drive by.

Visited May 2014

Arizona
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stopped in about 4:30 PM on a Thursday. Our waiter was very nice and paid extra attention to my son. Food came out as ordered and was very good. I love the grown up mac and cheese there.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The service was very good , They were very busy, and the server was excellent she focused on all over her customers!! the food was very good the quality was excellent. The value was good and the food was filling!!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

After looking over a lot of restaurant reviews in the Hanover, MD area, we found that longhorn steakhouse had the best. We were so happy we decided to go here because we had the best service and food that we've experienced in a long time.

We initially tried to make a reservation but was told they only do call ahead. So, we made sure we called ahead an hour before arriving which was very helpful. The place was packed and we only had to wait 5 minutes to be seated. Our server was excellent. He was on top of everything and even let us have a free salad when someone else brought it out by mistake.

The food was great. Most was seasoned and cooked well. The only disappointment was the garlic mussels. The broth for the mussels had no flavor. Usually in a garlic sauce, there's a lot of garlic that you can see and I saw none. The mussels themselves were good but disappointment with the sauce.

However, our entrees made up for the appetizer. Usually, food service suffers when it's so busy but not at longhorn. I ordered the blackened salmon with cheese grits, asparagus and butternut squash risotto. Everything on my plate was absolutely delicious. My husband ordered a fish dish with shrimp and lobster and a side of rice pilaf. The food was delicious but it was disappointing that we were charged a lot for the shrimp and lobster and there was only 1 small shrimp and some little bits of lobster.

Despite the small disappointments, I would definitely go back to longhorn.

Visited February 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Average Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I've had several experiences some years ago with another Longhorn Steakhouse which were not good. My wife and I were out and decided to try this one for a late lunch/early dinner. The restaurant was not crowded, and we were seated right away. We ordered one of their specials with 2 entrees, etc. The salad was disappointing - small and not very fresh - straight from a plastic bag. The steaks were great - just the right size portion. We shared a dessert which was a large slice of cheesecake. But the disappointing factor was the service - similar to the reason why I was unhappy when I tried Longhorn several years ago. The waitress advised us that the bread would be ready in a couple of minutes (they serve bread while you are waiting for your food). It didn't come until we mentioned it about 15 minutes later. My wife asked for extra butter on her potato, and it didn't come. We couldn't find our waitress until much later. It was a long wait to get the check, and then just as long of a wait to get it back with the receipt and credit card. Maybe we just got unlucky and got a poor waitress, but the place was very well staffed - just not very attentive to the customers. My experience with Outback (probably their nearest competitor) has been much better and for about the same price.

• Visited February 2014