“Clean, new, helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7795 Arundel Mills Boulevard, Hanover, MD 21076   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Clean, new, helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed a night at The Hotel for a buddy's bachelor party. While we weren't in the room much, they were clean and spacious enough. We were up on the 7th floor, hopefully it wasn't at an extra charge because there's not much to look at.

The shuttle drivers were awesome and we used the free service several times to go back and forth to the Casino and also the Green Turtle near the mall (I think).

The hotel restaurant was good, and we hit the bagel n grinds up for lunch and breakfast, although the hotel did have 4 different types of starbucks coffee.

I'd stay here again, although thought the casino was way overpriced and doubt I would ever go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking a minute to not only comment about our hotel but also about Grillfire and Bagels&Grinds. I am glad you were able to experience all that we have to offer and that you liked us enough to come back and visit us!

Jeff Makhlouf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights. We were attending a concert at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia and this was a hotel that was not sold out. We had a really nice, spacious and clean room. Nice lobby! Staff was friendly. There are many amenities around the area (unfortunately, you have to drive to most of them). FYI - the Indian restaurant within the complex had a lovely lunch buffet. I would strongly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Hello Nikki!!! Hopefully you made it back home on time to attend the Marathon! Thank you for writing about the hotel. It seems that you had some time to enjoy yourself and explore the area.
Please come back and see us more often!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Attended a wedding the first weekend of April... The hotel is fabulous, the food was the best and the room was very relaxing, like being at home! Upscale hotel but affordable (it still cost) but manageable. Absolutely great!!!!

Room Tip: I was in a corner room...it will give you a little more space...Just a great hotel!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much Denise! This is a wonderful review and the best part of it is that you had a great time with us and enjoyed yourself at the wedding.
Please come back and see us again, we are looking forward to it!

Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was out second time staying at The Hotel. We (me, my husband and 8-year old daughter) were taking a mini-vacation from NY to Baltimore to visit the aquarium and just spend some family time. The last time we stayed, we stayed on the 7th floor, which is about $30 more a night because it was a great deal, including breakfast and snacks in the executive lounge. I don't know that I would choose that option again, as I did not feel it was as worthwhile this time around (I'll explain later).
Pros:
-The hotel is literally two minutes from the Arundel Mills Mall with lots of outlet stores, a Bass Pro Shop, Medieval Times (we went and it was great!), a casino and every chain restaurant you can think of.
-The hotel is less than 15 minutes from the Inner Harbor.
-The hotel is super clean, very modern and upscale, easy parking and there is a shopping center right across the street with a Starbucks, Subway, pizza place, frozen yogurt, etc.
-There is a very nice indoor pool and a nicer outdoor pool (we enjoyed this last visit, out of season this time...too cold).
-The wifi worked great!
-The restaurant had very good food, albeit rather pricy, considering there are tons of good options in the area for less.
Cons (none of which would stop me from staying here, but useful to know):
-The 7th floor upgrade wasn't really as good a deal this time around. It includes two $15 breakfast vouchers per night,even though we had three people in the room, which was great the last time we came because the shopping center across the street wasn't there and many of the chain restaurants at Arundel Mills weren't there, leaving the hotel and a bagel store the only breakfast options. Also, their menu has changed. The $30 was enough to cover breakfast the last time we came. This time, the entrees were more pricy and everything was a la carte, including toast, which brought us well over the $30 each day. They also did not have a children's menu, so we had to order her adult entrees. The 7th floor lounge had a printer with no computer that they said could be used to print wirelessly from your cell phone. I tried a few times to print my tickets to Medieval Times and the National Aquarium. It didn't work. I have an iPhone 5 and an IPad....tried with both. The 7th floor lounge also included snacks, which were great to grab one or two before heading out sight seeing. This time, there was a sign in the lounge that stated the snacks were replenished only twice daily, so please keep that in mind when taking them. I get it...this hopefully keeps certain people from taking advantage. Unfortunately, it didn't work. We were there for five days and the room was empty for the first two days and then they replenished it only once the rest of the time we were there. So, while I think the hotel is great, paying $30 extra a night for $30 in breakfast coupons that are going to go towards a $50 breakfast wasn't worth it.
-The pool wasn't open during weekdays between the hours of 12 and 4. This is not the case in the summer, only the rest of the year. That was a bit annoying. Also, they said it was heated, but it felt very cold to me. I did ask about it and they said it was kept at 89 degrees, but there is no way!

Overall, I would completely recommend this hotel, but I wouldn't recommend the 7th floor upgrade. I didn't find any of the amenities too worthwhile this time around.

Room Tip: The 7th floor upgrade was not worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
I would like to first thank you for coming back to see us again and mostly for taking the time to write such a detailed and thorough review of your stay! This is really useful and helpful for us and mostly for the TripAdvisor users.
I truly appreciate all the compliments as well as the information shared on here. Moreover, I truly appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the 7th floor. I already forwarded your comments regarding the printer to our IT department and will have a meeting with the F&B department this afternoon to talk about the snacks availability on the 7th floor.

We are looking forward to seeing you again and enjoy the Holiday weekend!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have mixed feelings about writing this...

On the one hand i LOVE this hotel.... It's great...

On the other... i DONT WANT TO MANY FOLKS TO KNOW.

The hotel is modern, and comfortable. ALWAYS clean, Always great service. The rooms are amazing... The restaurants are good.... Excellent!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
I don't blame you :) I would have not shared it with other too!!! However, thank you so much for coming on here and sharing your thoughts with others. We hope to see you with us much more often.

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had our daughter's wedding here and everything went perfectly! The staff was great and the food was some of the best that I have ever had. Many of us stayed overnight after the ceremony and reception. The rooms are very nice and well appointed. Our guests commentated on how nice everything was. We will definitely return for a get-away. Since the hotel is close to BWI and has a shuttle it was also convenient for guests who had flights out of BWI.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Congratulations!! Thank you for selecting our hotel for your daughter's big day! We truly appreciate it. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the hotel and the events and that you found us to be convenient. We hope to see you with us again in the near future.

Kennesaw, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Nothing to improve on. This is a beautiful hotel with amazing service. They even send you a questionnaire beforehand (like what kind of pillows you want & extra blanket request ect.) so that everything is ready for you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hello there! I love reading reviews like yours especially on a Monday morning :) Thank you for taking the time to write about on TripAdvisor and to share our pre-arrival email system. I hope to see you stay with us much more often!

Have a superb week!

Jeff Makhlouf

Been to The Hotel at Arundel Preserve? Share your experiences!