“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Newport News, Virginia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my bday and everything and everyone was excellent my first time staying and I couldn't stop telling front desk how awesome the hotel was. I will continue to stay at this hotel whenever I'm in Maryland and will tell everyone that this hotel is the place to b. The rooms are amazing. The staff was very polite and maintenance was a phone call a way n less than 5mins they were there cause I didn't know how to work the TV all n all I give this hotel 10 stars.

• Stayed April 2014
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Hello Tieyasha:

I want to first thank you for a great review and for the time you took to let us know of your experience. I am mostly happy to know that you decided to make us your home away from home and come back and see us whenever you are in the area!
That means the world to us!

Jeff Makhlouf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Stratford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stay here every year and I can't wait to go back. The rooms are extremely nice and large. The service is in very good and the price is well worth it. The best quality of all is the location. Washington DC is 20 minutes away and Baltimore is 15 minutes away. You have all your desired shopping and restaurants less than a milel away. With a shopping center and a casino right in your backyard....we will see you soon.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review! I am delighted to hear how much you liked us and our property and that you found the area pleasing for you. We would love to see you stay with us again soon!

Have a great weekend!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

This hotel is beautiful throughout! The hotel staff is welcoming and friendly. The lobby is so awesome that you don't mind chilling there by the raging, gorgeous fireplace to people watch. The room is decorated with modern décor. We had a King size room, with a nice sitting area. The rooms also come equipped with a Keurig coffee machine and an Ipod docking station which was cool. The hotel is conveniently located near Arundel Mills Mall/Md Live Casino. It is less than a 5 min drive. The hotel will provide you with a shuttle to the casino if you would like.The Grill fire restaurant has great food, you wont be disappointed! This hotel's price is well worth it. Be sure to check out their website to review the several package deals they have available that may include tix to entertainment options as well ie movies, dinner, shopping, spa package deals. When booking at this hotel, do so in advance, as they seem to sell out pretty quick! Really one of the very best, swankiest hotels close to home! Cant wait to go back again!

Room Tip: Go to their website to review package deal options that may include movie tix, dinner for two, shopp...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to go back to TripAdvisor to write a review about your experience at the Hotel. I am very delighted to know that you had a good time and would love to see you stay with us more often.

maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

After being away from my husband for 6 weeks to take care of my elderly parents, I decided to plan a romantic getaway for us. We wanted close by, but nice. This met all my needs. It reminded me of a one bedroom beautiful condo in Boston. Beautiful decorations, amenities, and views. Room service is delicious from the restaurant in the hotel, whether it is breakfast or dinner. There is a Keurig coffee maker and a mini frig. It would be perfect it is had a microwave in every room or upon request in your room.. The staff is nice, friendly, and very accommodating.
We have stayed here 4 times and will be staying there again, when I get back from my current CA trip to take care of my parents. I highly recommend The Hotel. LOVE LOVE it. !!!

Room Tip: King rooms are amazing.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
SOOO Excited to red your review, THANK you! We are very happy to know that you discovered us and that you will be spreading the word about us! Please come back and see us more often!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed for a business event. The hotel is practically new; most of it runs very well. The staff is excellent. Two of note were Xavia - Front Desk and Gloria - Housekeeping. Professional, competent, and very pleasant. On whole, the room was very comfortable and well furnished. Excellent HD TV but the channels were clunky. Excellent electronic bar with blue tooth and UBS port to charge phones, etc. Keurig coffee maker. My favorite was the blackout shade for sleeping. A few quirks kept this from being a 5 rating: no bath tub and the shower did not have enough water pressure; the toilet door required standing next to the toilet in order to close the door; the refrigerator was hidden - took us a day to find it; no bellman and no easy way to unload bags, no ice machine on our floor. All little things. Still the hotel was very nice and I would stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to come back to TripAdvisor to write a review about our hotel and to share your experiences. We are very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your constructive feedback on the "little" items you described and will definitely share with the rest of the team for our improvement process.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

My stay here was for a business meeting. The facility is clean, modern and welcoming. Check-in was friendly and efficient. My room was thoughtfully arranged. The bathroom was Euro styled with a separate toilet area, large shower space with a rainfall shower head (wonderful way to start the day) and large sink area. The bedroom had a quaint sitting area tucked into the wall which was quite cozy and relaxing. The room has a Keurig coffee maker, large screen TV and most of the usual amenities found in better hotels. What made this different was the art in the public spaces and in the rooms, as well as the décor and set up of the rooms. I would have stayed here an extra night if I could!
The conference was nicely serviced and the food was very good: fresh, healthy and creative. All in all, a wonderful experience that would merit a return trip.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to perfumes, be sure to call ahead and ask for a room with no air freshener in...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for an amazingly well written review of our hotel. We really appreciate it! We are very glad to learn that you had enjoyed your stay! We are sorry to hear you could not stay longer. Please come back and see us more often.

Severn, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

The Hotel at Arundel Preserve is the best hotel in the Anne Arundel County/Baltimore area. The hotel staff (Juliet James especially) is professional, nice and accommodating. The guest rooms are always clean and the property hosts two onsite restaurants (GrillFire and Vivo). Both restaurants are a can't miss whether you are on business travel or a local trying to have a nice dinner from the typical Longhorn, TGIF scene. The property is top-notch and I'm rather selective. It's a can't miss in hospitality.

Room Tip: I'd love to add a tip to help travelers select a room, but then I would give away what I like be...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Tia G:
Thank you for a wonderful review of our hotel! I just spoke to Julia James and she is so happy to see her name being mentioned on TripAdvisor! Please come back and see us more often, we are happy to have you part of our family! Enjoy the weather and have a wonderful weekend!

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager

Been to The Hotel at Arundel Preserve? Share your experiences!