“Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We booked through the website and being a new mom I look for hotel rooms with space for the Roll-away crib. This hotel had excellent space and great amenities, excellent staff and clean hotel. Very quiet despite the two busy restaurants in the lobby it was not noisy at all. Room service ended at 11 pm and we ordered at 10:55 pm and the staff were very friendly and the food came quick and the food was freshly cooked and excellent!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and of course for sharing your experiences on here. I am very delighted to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and especially the restaurant.
Please come back and see us more often.

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I booked this hotel through booking.com last minute for a wedding anniversary getaway. It had the best review in the Baltimore metro area. It's also less than a mile away from the Maryland Live Casino, the mall and other shops and restaurants.

The hotel has its own free shuttle service to anywhere within 5 miles. Which means we could have just parked our car and taken advantage of the shuttle to go to the casino. The hotel looks and smells new. As soon as I opened the door to our room, I could smell the newness. Everything looked great. The bathroom was huge and even the shower. I loved the waterfall showerhead. The only problem with the shower was that it cycled between cool and hot water on its own.

We loved that there was a fridge in the room. Although it was a bit small for leftover containers. But held beverages well. I loved that there was a keurig in the room. I read that from someone else's review and it's true. We didn't get a chance to use it but it was nice to have rather than one of those old style coffee makers.

The only real problems I had with the room were the bed and air circulation. The bed wasn't very comfortable. I have a bad back and I had to keep tossing and turning to find a good position. The pillows were very uncomfortable. Our necks hurt throughout the night. I also kept coughing throughout the night. Not sure if the room was dusty or not but it doesn't seem like the air was circulating.

Not sure if I would come back because of the bed but it is a great choice if you want a nice place to stay near all the entertainment and shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's above the 3rd floor. You'll get a better view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit TripAdvisor and posting a review about our hotel. I want to personally thank you for the details you posted about your stay and for sharing your experiences while you were here. I am disappointed to know that the bedding set up did not meet your expectations and that you were not comfortable. The comfort of our guests is at the top of our priorities. My team and I invite you to contact us to get more feedback on your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We booked this hotel via Priceline by chancing it with an express deal 3 1/2 star rating for 69$ per night. The hotel was amazing. It was beyond clean, all staff members were very helpful and friendly and it featured a very modern and artsy decor. The hotel also offered a complimentary shuttle service 24 hours a day within a 5 mile radius which is very nice if traveling to the mall or casino nearby. The regular rate for this hotel is definitely more than what we paid however I would of been more than satisfied with paying the higher rate. I actually feel as though we ripped them off the stay was that great. I had zero complaints.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take advantage of promotions we offered at the time. I have to agree, this was a great deal :) Good for you! Please come back and see us more often.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and they are consistently fantastic. They treat me like family. My check in is fast and friendly. I would like to especially thank Ashley for that. Also, as I leave for work in the mornings Xavia greets me with a warm dimpled smile and wishes me a great day! Awesome! Finally, I would like to thank Housekeeping on the 7th floor, for always having my room cleaned before I returned from work. Thank you so much for all you do.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for being our #1 supportive guest! The staff and I appreciate you and definitely enjoy our conversations in the lobby or the parking garage. I wanted to just thank you and let you know we feel that you are part of our family here at the Hotel at Arundel Preserve.
Thank you!!!

Fort Washington, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This hotel was a great stay. They had two great restuarants in the hotel. This hotel was very chic and sexy. Great for couples, solo, or business. Not as kid friendly. They offered 24 hour shuttle service and its a great location to Maryland Live Casino and Arundal Mills shopping. I would definitely stay again. Only drawbacks is no microwave in your room and the shower head is not built for any lady who does not want to get their hair wet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your review and upbeat title. I am very glad to know that you enjoyed the attractions around the hotel as well as our amenities such as the Casino. Please come back and see us soon!

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed for one night at this hotel, seeking a brief local getaway from the unrelenting snowy weather. Check in is at 3:00. When we arrived a few minutes before 3:00, the front desk indicated that they were still cleaning rooms and that a corner room might not become available for some time (I had made this request based upon other Tripadvisor reviews). So we took room 711, on the 7th (Executive) floor. There is a little lounge room on this floor with sodas, bottled water, hot beverages, M & M's, and granola bars, for which there is no additional charge. Our room was comfortable, but not huge. There was a nice seating banquette on the side, and the picture quality of the TV was very good. The king bed in our room was quite comfortable. The bathroom has a separate toilet area, and a "rainforest" shower head, which is mounted overhead. The hotel has an indoor pool, which we thought we might use, but while we looked in at the pool, we did not end up taking a swim. The pool and the fitness room are adjacent; on a hallway right off the front lobby. All in all, this is a nice, modern hotel close to BWI airport, when many of the other nearby properties have become a bit tired. Our room rate included two breakfast vouchers for $15 each at Grillfire, which is the restaurant in the lobby.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for a very well detailed and written review. My staff and I really appreciate it. I am glad to hear that you had enjoyed yourself and had time to enjoy our offerings here at the Hotel. Please come back and see us more often.

Madison, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Easy in and out from the airport. Convenietly located to attractions including the Arundel Mills Mall and the Maryland Live Casino. The hotel shuttle was very accomodating and prompt. No need for a car rental at this hotel. Restaurant was nice, food was good, but service was not consistent. Was here on business and my business meetings were in the hotel all week. Meeting room was very comfortable. Very nice resources. Hotel rooms were extremely comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Larry:

Thank you so much for a very well written review. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel while on business and that you also enjoyed our meeting facilities.

We are looking forward to seeing you stay with us again soon.

Jeff Makhlouf

Been to The Hotel at Arundel Preserve? Share your experiences!