“What is important?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Odenton, Maryland
“What is important?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

First the hotel is extremely clean. However hotel rooms were not ready at 3:00 check in time which was a little frustrating. Also there is not one single microwave in the entire building. Very disappointing since we had leftovers from dinner but no where to warm them up. Also the hotel regulates the temperature in the room so it was chilly in the rooms in the evening. We needed a portable heater we brought from home to heat the room (and ourselves) so we could sleep. Maintenance even changed the filter for us but it did not make a difference. The radio/iPod docking station did not work but maintenance was very quick to bring us a new one. The pool itself is not heated although the room that the pool is in was heated. The pool water was cold. The staff was nice and helpful. The food at Grillfire was good. We contacted the company that handles the in room spa on two occasions but never even received a return phone call. We also asked if the hotel had DVD players for the rooms and they do not. I cannot say we will ever stay here again. Too bad because it really is a clean hotel at a nice location. :-(

• 3 of 5 stars
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us about your most recent stay at the Hotel. Your honest feedback will definitely help us improve on the areas where we have opportunities. I forwarded your survey to my front office and engineering team so they can get started into looking at the different areas you commented on. I am hopeful you would give us another chance as we would love to make it up to you!
Please contact me directly at 410 796 9836 so we can discuss.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I was at The Hotel for two nights attending a tourism conference. So many of my well travelled friends agreed with me that the service was impeccable, the food exceptional (far above regular conference fare) and the staff was always helpful, welcoming and smiling. One of my best hotel experiences.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and provide feedback on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure for my team and I hosting the MD Tourism conference. It felt great being surrounded by our peers in the industry.
I am hoping you find the time to come back and see us for personal leisure purposes.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed 2 nights for a conference. The hotel was clean, beautiful and the service was outstanding. The Grillfire restaurant is is conveniently located and just as wonderful as the hotel. I will recommend this property to everyone and will be sure to stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
This is great!!! It was a pleasure having you with us and I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us as well as our services and facilities.

Please come back and see us more often!

Dadeville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I spend 5 days every year visiting family in this general area.This was our first stay at Arundel Hotel.Will be at the top of our list from now on.In the past we enjoyed the Marriott Courtyard or Residence Inn.However,neither can measure up to The Hotel at Arundel Preserve. I give it 6 stars!

Room Tip: Upper floor..... king bed......corner room(somewhat larger,and with 2 windows)
    • 5 of 5 stars
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Six Stars??? Thank you so much, this means the whole world to us. What a review, thank you.
We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us and that we will get to see you soon.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hanover, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I went on a family vacation and had to be at work early the morning we returned. So staying at The Hotel was exactly what we needed. We were able to leave the car at the Hotel and take the shuttle to BWI. This was great. Everyone at the hotel is so nice, and the place is beautiful. By leaving the car a the hotel before the trip that saved us money also. And being pick up by the shuttle and staying at the hotel, this was the perfect end to a great vacation. Love the hotel, it is clean, extremely friendly staff and great amenities. Great restaurants in the town center. You rally dian d a hotel like this and some am nay great places to eat around it also.. If you need a night away to escape or our on a business trip, this is the place to stay and it will not break the bak either!

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much Peter for this amazing review. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed yourself at our hotel and that you were able to take advantage of all of our amenities including the shuttle. Please come back and see us much more often.

Eldersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My fiancé and I completely enjoyed our stay the The Hotel at Arundel Preserve. The room was clean and well appointed, the bathrooms were modern, and the common areas were all upscale. The Hotel offered complimentary shuttle service to Dave and Buster's and Maryland Live! and picked us up late at night without any glitches. We ordered room service for breakfast and it was delicious. Overall a great hotel, we will definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Lance,

Thanks a million for this wonderful review of our hotel. I am so happy not only because you stayed with but also for being able to utilize most of our amenities. I am hoping we could se you stay with us again pretty soon.

Have a great day.

Wales, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel at Arundel Preserve while there for a conference. What a great experience! From the driver who picked me up at the airport, to the front desk staff,, to the catering - top notch all the way!

I arrived late, and was tired and ready to get to the hotel. I expected the whole process of getting from the airport to the hotel to take a while. I was very pleasantly surprised at the speed and courtesy of the driver. And it just continued the next three days - everyone was very professional and kind. And top that off - with a hotel that provides amazing rooms - I loved my stay there!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for this amazing review. I am myslef sitting at the Airport having attended a conference in LA and can defenitely relate to the importance of a comfortable hotel while on business. I am hoping you will come back to see us on leisure as well.