“Second to none” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7795 Arundel Mills Boulevard, Hanover, MD 21076   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
“Second to none”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This place is great for so many reasons. Location: great area and close to NSA and Ft Meade. Decor: top notch rooms with great views. Service: this is puts the others to shame Yanni and staff is what really brings us back time and time again.

• Stayed September 2013
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Awesome, straight to the point review!! Thank you for mentioning Yanni at the front desk. As a result of you mentioning him, he will be getting a little award from his manager!!!

Please come back and see us again!!!

Jeff Makhlouf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel was awesome. The rooms were beautiful, and the bathrooms modern and very nice. Because I booked on Expedia, they automatically upgraded me to an executive room with access to a lounge which was stocked 24 hours a day with free candy, snacks, and drinks. The front desk staff was very nice. The hotel offered a shuttle service beginning at 4 am and was available for pickups within 5 miles of the hotel. The hotel is close to a large outlet mall with a movie theater and is in a great part of town. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Hanover or looking for an airport hotel to go to Baltimore.

Room Tip: book on expedia
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to come back on here and write about your recent experience. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed yourself at our hotel and that you had a chance to explore the area and what it has to offer.

Please come back and see us more often.

Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

In this hotel the room was clean and the room was good quality level room. In the bathroom was enough towels :-) Nice and friendly service was great after long flight. Parking is easy any time. Lovely good bed - tight good sleep. Easy come and go- Baltimore-Washington-Annapolis.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to come back on this site to specifically write about your experience at the Hotel at Arundel Preserve. This means a lot to us! I am glad you stayed with us after your long flight, I totally know how it feels!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Thank you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I noticed this hotel while driving to Arundel Mills Mall. It looked interesting so I thought I'd try it. I was not disappointed. The front desk staff is affable, efficient and April, the Assistant GM handled our requests with aplomb and professionalism. The rooms are very modern, clean, comfortable and the room setup is superb and very different from the standard room. The shower is big and the bed was quite comfortable. The robe and slippers are of good quality. It's a short distance to Arundel Mills Mall and immediately off the exit from the Washington/Baltimore Parkway. It's located between DC and Baltimore and minutes away from BWI Airport. If you're in the area, check it out. It's one of the best hotels in the area. The only downside is that the crowd in the lobby made me a little uncomfortable. But other than that my overall experience was pleasant and I would recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the concierge level. It's 24-7 and offers a wide away of snacks and beverag...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you so much for this amazingly written survey and of course for your nice comments. You did not only like our accommodations and offerings but also our staff specifically our Assistant GM, April. This is wonderful! Please make sure you come back and visit us more often and enjoy more of what the area has to offer.

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager
Lexington Park MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

WOW! What a beautiful hotel. My wife and I spent a night here for our anniversary on the dinner & a movie package. This consisted of a one night stay, 2 movie tickets at Arundel Mills Cineplex, and dinner at Grillfire. We arrived at a very spacious, nicely decorated lobby and greeted by the hotel staff at the front desk. All were in a cheerful mood which is nice to see when checking into a hotel. We were given room keys and told to check in for dinner reservations at GrillFire when we had a chance. The parking lot is behind the hotel. The levels of the garage do marry up with a walkway to your floor. We were on the 3rd floor of the hotel so I drove to the 3rd level of the garage only to find there was no walkthrough to the hotel. We had to go down to the first floor, into the hotel, then up again. Just something we would like to have known. Also, a lot of spaces on the 1st level of the garage are reserved for the restaurant so you end up on the 2nd level or higher by the time you locate a place to park. Our room was very well decorated and what I suppose is an open shower (no door) in the bathroom. While this was different, we found it easy to get the floor very wet outside the shower and the coolness of air while taking a shower had us strategically figuring how to take a hot shower and not cause a flood. Our room view was of the front of the hotel. When we checked in I noted the desk clerk said our room was her favorite. Not sure why she said that so I chalked it up to something they are told to say. While the view was simply the street view from the hotel, we were on the 3rd floor as I mentioned and come the next morning we could hear all the street noise and a guy working on some power-washing on the side of the building. Not necessarily the best way to wake up to the day, but the comfortable bed made dozing off during the noise a little easier. And we had a late checkout so that helped since we were at the casino pretty late. I have not read many other reviews so I don’t know if a room around the back towards the parking garage would have been better. Overall, though it’s was a very nice stay and we would definitely do it again.

Room Tip: If you want the front view, ask for a higher floor. A bit noisy in the morning of our departure.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Happy anniversary!!! I am glad that you selected our hotel to celebrate such a beautiful occasion. I appreciate your detailed review and of course the great comments as well as the very constructive feedback. We take all feedback very seriously and do all we can to remedy any issues. Please come back and see us again and again for your anniversaries and other occasions!

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This boutique, contemporary "cool" property was a wonderful surprise. I was staying there for business but found myself thinking how I wish my husband was with me to enjoy this beautiful and fun hotel.

From the moment the shuttle driver picked me up at the Baltimore Airport (only a 10 minute ride) to my checkout from a 3-night stay I was blown away by the service, quality of food, and fun things to do while I was there.

I had a corner room looking over the grounds. The room was beautifully appointed with everything you needed for comfort. I loved the spacious closet, roomy bathroom and walk-in shower. Bedding/pillows were very comfortable.

The fitness center was 24-hours and all equipment was state-of-the-art, clean, and it worked beautifully (which doesn't always happen in many of the business hotels).

I was impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the entire staff. The front desk agents were always helpful, always had a sense of urgency combined with professionalism and fun. The shuttle drivers were really helpful and courteous. It was a business person's dream as anything you needed the staff throughout the hotel handled with ease and a smile.

I was attending a workshop there and the banquet team was equally as helpful and professional. Their AV system worked great, the meeting room was beautiful with natural light. The banquet food (breakfast and lunch) was creative and delicious each day. The banquet staff was always prompt, friendly and helpful.

Again, there was not one thing I could say to improve their presentation throughout my stay. It was seamless service throughout.

The bonus was that there was so much to do in that area. I could leisurely walk 10 minutes to many attractions or take the 24-hour shuttle to: new Casino, 24-plex theater, beautiful shopping mall, so many choices for food and beverage from specialty restaurants like the Grill Fire which was connected to the hotel and also had great food and service, to any of the chain restaurants such as Olive Garden and Red Lobster. They even had a Bobby Flay Burger Bar at the Casino.

So many choices and lots of fun things to do. I didn't have time to attend but they even had a Medieval Times attraction.

So I really hope I get to return to this gem of a hotel as I had a seamless service experience with lots of fun built in between my work time and play time. Normally when staying at a hotel for business, there's always something that either doesn't work, or the food's not right, or the service is terrible, or the shuttle service isn't very smooth. This location was 100% in all of the categories that are important to a business traveler or conference attendee. It was a very pleasant surprise to see a non-branded hotel perform so much better than the typical "meetings" hotels that I stay at all the time. Congrats to a well-run hotel and beautiful property with great people! Hope I get to see them again.

Room Tip: Because this location is only a couple years old, my guess is all the rooms are great. I loved the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mrs. Eby: Thanks a million for this amazingly written and put together review! I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay and your experience. Reviews like yours mean the whole world to us as it helps us promoting our hotel and services as well as location to guests that never used us before.
I truly hope you can come back with your husband to further experience all this area has to offer.

Have a terrific weekend!!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in August. Our first impression upon walking into the hotel for check-in was, "Wow, very nice!"

The lobby is modern and elegant. The restaurant in the lobby appears to be quite convenient and the bar was busy every night of our stay (we never did use the restaurant or bar though). The staff was friendly and the little convenience store by the check-in desk is a nice touch. We didn't use the gym or pool during this stay, but both were well kept and looked nice. We wished they had a hot tub in the pool area though.

We stayed in a basic king bed room and the layout and design were great. Very modern and clean. I personally would've preferred a door on the shower, but my husband liked it the way it is. The free wi-fi was appreciated. We ordered room service once for breakfast and we thought it was very good. My only complaint about the room would be that the blinds let in a good amount of light at the very top. I like a dark bedroom in the mornings and we found this to be a bit annoying.

This hotel is located very near many shops and restaurants. Across the street is a Starbucks, a pizza place, and more. There is a large mall within a 5 minute drive as well.

Overall we would highly recommend this hotel. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for this amazing and very well put together review. I am delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay. Moreover, I am very happy to know that you had extra time to discover the area surrounding the hotel especially the mall.

Please come back and see us very soon.

Jeff Makhlouf

Been to The Hotel at Arundel Preserve? Share your experiences!