“Anniversary Date Night” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Lexington Park MD
“Anniversary Date Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

WOW! What a beautiful hotel. My wife and I spent a night here for our anniversary on the dinner & a movie package. This consisted of a one night stay, 2 movie tickets at Arundel Mills Cineplex, and dinner at Grillfire. We arrived at a very spacious, nicely decorated lobby and greeted by the hotel staff at the front desk. All were in a cheerful mood which is nice to see when checking into a hotel. We were given room keys and told to check in for dinner reservations at GrillFire when we had a chance. The parking lot is behind the hotel. The levels of the garage do marry up with a walkway to your floor. We were on the 3rd floor of the hotel so I drove to the 3rd level of the garage only to find there was no walkthrough to the hotel. We had to go down to the first floor, into the hotel, then up again. Just something we would like to have known. Also, a lot of spaces on the 1st level of the garage are reserved for the restaurant so you end up on the 2nd level or higher by the time you locate a place to park. Our room was very well decorated and what I suppose is an open shower (no door) in the bathroom. While this was different, we found it easy to get the floor very wet outside the shower and the coolness of air while taking a shower had us strategically figuring how to take a hot shower and not cause a flood. Our room view was of the front of the hotel. When we checked in I noted the desk clerk said our room was her favorite. Not sure why she said that so I chalked it up to something they are told to say. While the view was simply the street view from the hotel, we were on the 3rd floor as I mentioned and come the next morning we could hear all the street noise and a guy working on some power-washing on the side of the building. Not necessarily the best way to wake up to the day, but the comfortable bed made dozing off during the noise a little easier. And we had a late checkout so that helped since we were at the casino pretty late. I have not read many other reviews so I don’t know if a room around the back towards the parking garage would have been better. Overall, though it’s was a very nice stay and we would definitely do it again.

Room Tip: If you want the front view, ask for a higher floor. A bit noisy in the morning of our departure.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Happy anniversary!!! I am glad that you selected our hotel to celebrate such a beautiful occasion. I appreciate your detailed review and of course the great comments as well as the very constructive feedback. We take all feedback very seriously and do all we can to remedy any issues. Please come back and see us again and again for your anniversaries and other occasions!

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This boutique, contemporary "cool" property was a wonderful surprise. I was staying there for business but found myself thinking how I wish my husband was with me to enjoy this beautiful and fun hotel.

From the moment the shuttle driver picked me up at the Baltimore Airport (only a 10 minute ride) to my checkout from a 3-night stay I was blown away by the service, quality of food, and fun things to do while I was there.

I had a corner room looking over the grounds. The room was beautifully appointed with everything you needed for comfort. I loved the spacious closet, roomy bathroom and walk-in shower. Bedding/pillows were very comfortable.

The fitness center was 24-hours and all equipment was state-of-the-art, clean, and it worked beautifully (which doesn't always happen in many of the business hotels).

I was impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the entire staff. The front desk agents were always helpful, always had a sense of urgency combined with professionalism and fun. The shuttle drivers were really helpful and courteous. It was a business person's dream as anything you needed the staff throughout the hotel handled with ease and a smile.

I was attending a workshop there and the banquet team was equally as helpful and professional. Their AV system worked great, the meeting room was beautiful with natural light. The banquet food (breakfast and lunch) was creative and delicious each day. The banquet staff was always prompt, friendly and helpful.

Again, there was not one thing I could say to improve their presentation throughout my stay. It was seamless service throughout.

The bonus was that there was so much to do in that area. I could leisurely walk 10 minutes to many attractions or take the 24-hour shuttle to: new Casino, 24-plex theater, beautiful shopping mall, so many choices for food and beverage from specialty restaurants like the Grill Fire which was connected to the hotel and also had great food and service, to any of the chain restaurants such as Olive Garden and Red Lobster. They even had a Bobby Flay Burger Bar at the Casino.

So many choices and lots of fun things to do. I didn't have time to attend but they even had a Medieval Times attraction.

So I really hope I get to return to this gem of a hotel as I had a seamless service experience with lots of fun built in between my work time and play time. Normally when staying at a hotel for business, there's always something that either doesn't work, or the food's not right, or the service is terrible, or the shuttle service isn't very smooth. This location was 100% in all of the categories that are important to a business traveler or conference attendee. It was a very pleasant surprise to see a non-branded hotel perform so much better than the typical "meetings" hotels that I stay at all the time. Congrats to a well-run hotel and beautiful property with great people! Hope I get to see them again.

Room Tip: Because this location is only a couple years old, my guess is all the rooms are great. I loved the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mrs. Eby: Thanks a million for this amazingly written and put together review! I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay and your experience. Reviews like yours mean the whole world to us as it helps us promoting our hotel and services as well as location to guests that never used us before.
I truly hope you can come back with your husband to further experience all this area has to offer.

Have a terrific weekend!!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in August. Our first impression upon walking into the hotel for check-in was, "Wow, very nice!"

The lobby is modern and elegant. The restaurant in the lobby appears to be quite convenient and the bar was busy every night of our stay (we never did use the restaurant or bar though). The staff was friendly and the little convenience store by the check-in desk is a nice touch. We didn't use the gym or pool during this stay, but both were well kept and looked nice. We wished they had a hot tub in the pool area though.

We stayed in a basic king bed room and the layout and design were great. Very modern and clean. I personally would've preferred a door on the shower, but my husband liked it the way it is. The free wi-fi was appreciated. We ordered room service once for breakfast and we thought it was very good. My only complaint about the room would be that the blinds let in a good amount of light at the very top. I like a dark bedroom in the mornings and we found this to be a bit annoying.

This hotel is located very near many shops and restaurants. Across the street is a Starbucks, a pizza place, and more. There is a large mall within a 5 minute drive as well.

Overall we would highly recommend this hotel. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for this amazing and very well put together review. I am delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay. Moreover, I am very happy to know that you had extra time to discover the area surrounding the hotel especially the mall.

Please come back and see us very soon.

Newport News
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here one night before going on a cruise out of Baltimore. The location was ideal as the property is just off of the interstate and only about 20 min to the port in Baltimore. Safe garage parking, and very modern CLEAN room with comfortable beds. Complimentary Starbucks coffee in the lobby and Keurig brewers in the room. The price for a weeknight stay was reasonable. I would definately stay here again! I thoroughy researched hotels offering a cruise package that would offer parking and transportation to the port. Many of them did not meet my standard for cleanliness, a few had bed bug problems per Trip Advisor reviews. I chose to stay at this property and drive myself to the port and pay seperate parking. My total expenditure was less than other travelers who booked a cruise package at comparable hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
What a title for a wonderful review!!! Thank you so much for going out of your way and going further out of the city in order to stay with us, this means a lot to us! I am mostly happy to know that this was worthwhile for you!!
Please come back and see us more often and I wish you all the fun and enjoyment on your trip!

Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed here for a week for work in late August. The room was a great size, and the staff were really friendly. It was awesome to have the restaurant Grillfire downstairs and the bagel shop over the road for the really early mornings. The shuttle was great to get between places when we didn't feel like driving too. It seemed to get busier closer to the weekend but that was understandable. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am glad to know that we were able to make you feel comfortable during your week long business trip. I am also glad to know you had time to explore other amenities such as Bagels and Grinds and Grillfire.

I am very happy to know that you are considering us for future stays.

Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Arundel with 3 of my adult daughters for a girls weekend. The hotel was fabulous! Very clean and beautifully appointed rooms. Gorgeous and comfortable lobby. So many amenities such as a great fitness center, indoor and outdoor pool, and an onsite restaurant that is excellent. The beds were great and the bathroom was spacious and pristine! The area outside the hotel is a lovely place to sit by a fountain surrounded by benches and read. At night, the fountain is lit by colored lights which looks magical. I would recommend this hotel to even the most particular of travelers! It was also so nice to not stay at a hotel chain! It is a few minutes from BWI and about 15 minutes to the Inner Harbor and Fells Point. Perfect location! Perfect facility! Perfect staff!

Room Tip: We paid the extra upcharge to be on the executive floor which was lovely. Highly recommended!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay and for relaying your experience to other Tripadvisor users. I am delighted to see that you upgraded to the 7th floor as it adds a more upscale touch to the stay and provides even more values.
Please make us your destination hotel when you are in the area.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Great place, beautiful room, clean bathrooms with a stand up rainforest shower head, super soft and comfortable bed with 6 pillows at your disposal, close to the mall for convenient shopping. Wifi included. Great stay for a business trip

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your review and of course for sharing your experience. You are absolutely correct, our hotel is as convenient and enjoyable whether you are here for business or pleasure. Please come back and see us and make us your home away from home.

Jeff Makhlouf

Been to The Hotel at Arundel Preserve? Share your experiences!