“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Such a beautiful hotel, me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and couldn't have been happier with our stay. Upon entering its beautiful and modern with a fire place, a restaurant, a place to buy snacks. Check in was quick and easy, and very friendly and inviting. Walking into the room it was very well decorated, cozy and kind of romantic. Bed was super comfy, lots of pillows, a Keurig single cup coffee maker with tea as well and a nice big flat screen! The bathroom was beautiful with a rainfall shower head. The only things I could think was the room was a tad bit small for everything that was in it. Not much room between the bed and the wall but I would only think this would be a problem for someone who was spending alot of time in the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Awesome review!! Thank you for taking the time to leave notes and compliments regarding your stay, this is awesome! I also appreciate your remarks about the space in the room. We do actually offer suites and larger rooms for guests intending longer than a few nights.
Please come back and see us again.

363 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed only one night but wish it was longer. Very friendly staff and nice room. One minor criticism is that the room was a little small for the size of the bed - only about a foot between the bed and wall. Other than that a great property. Huge shopping center and casino nearby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel and your stay! We truly appreciate it as it helps new guests understand how wonderful our hotel is!
I am looking forward to seeing you stay with us again.

St. George, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We are international travelers and stayed here for 4 nights.This was our second stay at this hotel and it only confirmed our first impression (GREAT!). The rooms were comfortable, clean and spacious. It seemed that the hotel was fully booked during our stay but we never heard any noise throughout the night and was able to sleep well. The housekeeping staff did and excellent job and were very friendly. We only had one small problem: in the evenings there is only one front desk receptionist. We returned late one evening after a long day of shopping and dining to find that our room keys were de-magnetized. We returned to the front desk to have the problem rectified only to find a long line of people waiting to check-in. We tried to get the front agents attention to see if he could quickly fix the key and even asked the bellman (or shuttle driver?) to explain to the agent as he was standing next to him behind the desk, but to no avail. We ended up having to wait over 20 minutes in the lobby standing in line just to be able to retire to our room for the night. I would suggest maybe an additional front desk agent on nights when there is a full house ( I know it was fully booked, as we tried to add an additional night to our stay and there were no more rooms). Overall, this hotel is the best in the area and I would never stay anywhere else when I visit.

Room Tip: We got an accessible room which was large and had a tub.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. Your input is unique as it gives our international guests a different perspective on our hotel. Thank you for your remarks about the front desk and please accept our apologies for the wait. We will definitely investigate and analyze to see if there are any trends developing so we can get better.

Please come back and see us again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Arrived in one piece after driving in through a tropical storm ready to relax and enjoy our weekend only to be greeted with a rude and curt desk clerk. His first question to me was "What is your form of payment?" to which I replied "Cash". He then says "We don't accept cash at check in, I'll need a credit card." to which I replied "Oj. That's not what you asked. You asked for my form of payment which would be cash." That's when I discovered I had lefy my credit card at home. To make an extremely long story short, the policy at this hotel is no credit card to secure the entire amount of your stay even when paying in can, then no room. No training for employees on suggestions to offer to customers in our situation from the front desk to management. Had the desk personnel been trained in the art of customer service, they would have known to suggest we contact our credit card company to obtain a temporary card and authorization instead, we wasted 2 hrs jumping through hoops to borrow a credit card from a relative to secure our room. Customer service training is sorely needed to cover situations like this and other unforeseen circumstances that the staff may face. Extremely frustrating and to top it off, the first front desk clerk was rude and disrespectful. Such a shame. First impressions are lasting impressions and my first impression was not a good one.

• Stayed June 2013
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit our page on TripAdvisor and for taking the time to write a review. I completely understand your frustration and the inconvenience this might have caused you. I understand that although it is our policy not to take cash at check in, our front office agent could have offered alternatives. I totally agree that this situation offers coaching opportunities which the front desk team is already handling. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.
We are looking forward to seeing you with us again.

Jeff Makhlouf

Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel but what made our experience an awesome one was the staff. The Staff was very professional and offered great customer service. I got a feeling of being at home because the rooms are so nice. Very clean, modern, and complimentary. Rooms are spacious I did not feel like I was in a match box. I will use this hotel again and I recommend this all who will visit this area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Stinger:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit TripAdvisor in order to share your wonderful experience with us. This says the world to us and we are thrilled to know that you had enjoyed your stay.
Please come back and see us very often.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

New hotel, with nice size rooms. Very clean, very comfortable, very friendly staff. All amenities, nice pool. Close to all kinds of shopping and restaurants. And very close to a brand new casino, but it was not noisy and it is close to all major roadways.
I would definitely use it again if I was going to this location.

• Stayed May 2013
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and of course for selecting our hotel to stay in the Arundel Mills area. I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay and that you got to enjoy the local attractions.

I am looking forward to having you stay with us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I had a great stay here. It's a very clean and classy place for a reasonable price. The room was really nice and had a humongous bathroom and an amazing shower. The restaurant was pretty good. It was a bit pricey, but not so much that I felt ripped off. Overall I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed May 2013
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our hotel on Tripadvisor. We cannot ask for anything better than one of our guests recommending us on here.
Please com back and see us as soon as your travel plans bring you back this way.

Have a terrific week!

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager

Been to The Hotel at Arundel Preserve? Share your experiences!