“Don't ever, ever, ever forget your credit card!!” 3 of 5 stars

The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7795 Arundel Mills Boulevard, Hanover, MD 21076   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
“Don't ever, ever, ever forget your credit card!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Arrived in one piece after driving in through a tropical storm ready to relax and enjoy our weekend only to be greeted with a rude and curt desk clerk. His first question to me was "What is your form of payment?" to which I replied "Cash". He then says "We don't accept cash at check in, I'll need a credit card." to which I replied "Oj. That's not what you asked. You asked for my form of payment which would be cash." That's when I discovered I had lefy my credit card at home. To make an extremely long story short, the policy at this hotel is no credit card to secure the entire amount of your stay even when paying in can, then no room. No training for employees on suggestions to offer to customers in our situation from the front desk to management. Had the desk personnel been trained in the art of customer service, they would have known to suggest we contact our credit card company to obtain a temporary card and authorization instead, we wasted 2 hrs jumping through hoops to borrow a credit card from a relative to secure our room. Customer service training is sorely needed to cover situations like this and other unforeseen circumstances that the staff may face. Extremely frustrating and to top it off, the first front desk clerk was rude and disrespectful. Such a shame. First impressions are lasting impressions and my first impression was not a good one.

• Stayed June 2013
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit our page on TripAdvisor and for taking the time to write a review. I completely understand your frustration and the inconvenience this might have caused you. I understand that although it is our policy not to take cash at check in, our front office agent could have offered alternatives. I totally agree that this situation offers coaching opportunities which the front desk team is already handling. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.
We are looking forward to seeing you with us again.

Jeff Makhlouf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel but what made our experience an awesome one was the staff. The Staff was very professional and offered great customer service. I got a feeling of being at home because the rooms are so nice. Very clean, modern, and complimentary. Rooms are spacious I did not feel like I was in a match box. I will use this hotel again and I recommend this all who will visit this area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Stinger:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit TripAdvisor in order to share your wonderful experience with us. This says the world to us and we are thrilled to know that you had enjoyed your stay.
Please come back and see us very often.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

New hotel, with nice size rooms. Very clean, very comfortable, very friendly staff. All amenities, nice pool. Close to all kinds of shopping and restaurants. And very close to a brand new casino, but it was not noisy and it is close to all major roadways.
I would definitely use it again if I was going to this location.

• Stayed May 2013
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and of course for selecting our hotel to stay in the Arundel Mills area. I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay and that you got to enjoy the local attractions.

I am looking forward to having you stay with us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I had a great stay here. It's a very clean and classy place for a reasonable price. The room was really nice and had a humongous bathroom and an amazing shower. The restaurant was pretty good. It was a bit pricey, but not so much that I felt ripped off. Overall I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed May 2013
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our hotel on Tripadvisor. We cannot ask for anything better than one of our guests recommending us on here.
Please com back and see us as soon as your travel plans bring you back this way.

Have a terrific week!

Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Hotel at Arundel Preserve has a nicely laid out décor which is modern. Rooms are comfortable and spacious. Good shuttle service to the mall,casino and nearby restaurants. The restaurant on site had good service and the food was good.
Staff were friendly and helpful. I would no doubt stay here again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay. The title you chose is very catchy and we appreciate you selecting it for your review. I am glad to know that you will be coming back to see us soon.

Capitol Heights, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stay at hotels monthly and this by far was one of my favorite. everything is so modern and nice. Its very upscale, romantic, and comfortable. there where a few weddings going on in the courtyard at the fountain and it was just a nice friendly place to stay. The casino is a block away and they offered late night shuttle service.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 3rd floor facing the garage and had no view but it didn't bother us.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Wonderful review!! Thank you so much! This means a lot to us especially from someone who is at hotels monthly! I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our amenities. I am looking forward to seeing you stay with us again very soon.

Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Wonderful hotel, beautiful cosy décor from lobby to the rooms. Very comfortable bed with lots of pillows. Fantastic, nicely equipped gym accessible all hours and there is complimentary Starbucks coffee in the mornings in the lobby! Very useful shuttle service to BWI lightrail station and nearby mall. Happy to stay here again next time I visit Baltimore.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Grace, thank you so much for your lovely review and for your high regards of our hotel. I know that Bahrain and that region has many ultra luxury and new hotels and I am proud to know of what you think of us!
Please make us your home away from home.

Jeff Makhlouf