“Excellent facilities with some issues” 2 of 5 stars

The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7795 Arundel Mills Boulevard, Hanover, MD 21076   |
Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Bel Air, Maryland
“Excellent facilities with some issues”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

In all frankness, the facilities are wonderful. The rooms are clean, the people friendly, and the beds comfortable. Unfortunately my stay did not come without any issues.

The walls/doors are thin. We could hear everything in the hall and was sometimes fairly annoying. But it was not a big deal.

The most frustrating part was the accuracy of my reservations. I reserved the "Executive King" room. The room was suppose to come with a bath/shower. We had just come back from a football tournament and really looked forward to soaking in the tub, but unfortunately came to nothing but a shower. I even specifically chose the "Executive King" and paid extra for the bath. I expect the amenities and room I paid for, and did not get them. We wanted to say something, but was too tired to complain at that point. Now, I wonder if we weren't give a normal "King" room instead of an "Executive King". On top of that I was charged an extra $30.00 on my credit card even though I took the time to opt out of the express checkout and get the receipt from the front desk.

Honestly, the stay was completely fine. The hotel is beautiful and the people are wonderful. But I'm not sure I'd return again only to deal with some of these issues.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your compliments and the fact you loved our hotel. Moreover, I would love to clarify a couple of areas you touched on. After reviewing your account, you were indeed assigned a room on our executive level where we offer all the additional amenities such as the robes, slippers, access to the lounge, amenities... The rooms throughout the hotel have either a rain shower, a tub, or some might even have both.
Have you specifically requested a room with a tub when making the reservation?
As far as the $30 charge, we reviewed your account and did not see such charges. You apparently used your debit card to pay for the room. Once a debit card is used, an additional authorization is taken for any incidentals you might have such as phone and restaurant charges. This authorization drops a few days after you check out.
Our team contacted you already to make sure your concerns have been addressed. If you wish to get in touch with me, please do not hesitate to call me directly at 410-796-9836 or email me at jeffm@thehotelarundel.com.

Thank you.

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at The Hotel for my niece's 10th birthday and it was fabulous!!! Lobby is beautiful and clean. We wee greeted by friendly (hilarious) staff. In the hallways, the staff is warm, friendly and helpful. The ruins are beautiful, clean, and very modern. I am currently writing to all of you from one of the softest mattresses ever!!! (I'm so satisfied I'm writing this review before even checking out).

There is a restaurant in the lobby. There is happy hour there Monday thru Friday.

Come check out this hotel!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Ms. Williams, thank you so much for your beautifully written review. We really really appreciate your support and your feedback. It means the world to my staff and I. I will definitely share your comments with the rest of the team!
Please come back and see us.

Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Check-In was at 3:00pm, I arrived at 4:30 and was told that there were no rooms available. I was then offered a standard room with a King size bed and a pull out, in place of the Executive room with double Queen size beds I originally reserved. When I declined, I was told to come back in an hour to CHECK for any available rooms. I returned and was given a standard room and a key to the Executive Lounge. After all of issues I had at check-in, I was still overcharged for the executive room I did NOT stay in. The bill was not corrected until I repeatedly explained to the front desk personnel the circumstances of my stay, while the Manager stood there and completely ignored us and looked away the entire time. Light bulbs blown out but maintenance was helpful. NO HOT WATER! I was pretty much given an "oh well" from staff. After expressing that I had finally had enough, I was given meal vouchers to use at Grillfire restaurant where the wait-staff was far from friendly. Other customers who had similar complaints were dismissed and given NOTHING not even an apology. We were all told to "take a card and call the staff personally" the next time we planned to visit the hotel. Not happening. As for Grillfire, amazing interior designer. Everything else was just okay. It was supposed to be a nice relaxing getaway including a visit to Maryland Live for my mothers birthday and our experience at the hotel was by FAR the worst part of the trip. Although everyone maintain a pleasant attitude, its unfortunate the weekend was plagued with issues. The biggest one being the lack of hot water. So much for a great weekend getaway..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Cierra J:

I received your completed survey last night through our in house email survey system as well as the comments from the front desk. As soon as we received your email, my service team and I communicated late last night and have already refunded all monies back to your VISA credit card ($111.87). An email was also sent last night to your personal email we have on file.
The events that took place during your check in and stay are definitely an unfortunate exception. If you look further down the list of the reviews on this site that go over a period of 15 months, you see nothing but satisfied guests.
We unfortunately had a group the night before that did not honor their agreed upon check out time. This created a ripple effect as our housekeeping was turning over the hotel in record time. As far as the Hot water, we did have a defective part on one of our boilers. As soon as the problem was discovered, we had an engineering team at the hotel and all hot water was restored within two hours.
One more time, my apologies for the inconvenience and truly wish you would give us another chance.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our overall stay at The Holtel was Excellent! Front desk staff was very welcoming and friendly! The food at The Grillfire was delicious! Our waiter and the bartender were very friendly and accommodating! Indoor pool and work out facility was clean and sufficient. Rooms were clean and the beds were beyond comfortable! The box of Cayenne Pepper Chocolates were a nice added personnel touch on checkout! I highly recommend staying at The Hotel!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us at the Hotel. We are glad you chose our hotel. We hope you make us your home away from home and that you come back and see us more often.

Chesterfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our check-in process was our only issue due to no King rooms being available at 3pm. We had to wait until almost 4:15pm to get our room. A little frustrating at the least. Once we got checked in, the remainder of our hotel experience was great. This is a new hotel and the prices are more than reasonable. Our experience at their restaurant was very pleasing, too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback and for the honest comments! We had a large group that weekend that overstayed their agreed upon checkout time by 45 minutes which caused a ripple effect with check ins not being able to have the rooms on time. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and invite you to come back and stay with us again.

General Manager.
Islip, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were looking for a hotel in the DC area that was affordable and high quality. I stumbled on the Hotel at Arundel Preserve. The rooms looked too good to be true. They were even better than the website portrayed.We were ending a vacation where we stayed in 5 star hotels, from several of the most prominent hotel chains. This was easily the nicest one we stayed in. I would never have thought to look for such a high quality hotel in this area. I would stay there again in a minute.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so much for this amazing review. I liked it so much that I forwarded it to all my management team! It makes us so proud to know that you highly think of us especially after staying at 5 Star hotels that are part of the major brands.
Please come back and see us again.

Jeff Makhlouf General Manager
scottsdale, az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel on the Sunday night before the hurricane when our flight was cancelled. Rooms are appointed very nicely, bathrooms are large and the lobby is well done. A bit of a walk to the mall but there is a Starbucks and other food places across the street.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments: they are greatly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and would like to remind you that we offer shuttle service to and from the mall, the casino, the airport and others within a 5 miles radius.

Please come back and see us soon!

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager

Been to The Hotel at Arundel Preserve? Share your experiences!