“Beautiful,.affordable hotel. Grade A service!” 5 of 5 stars

The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7795 Arundel Mills Boulevard, Hanover, MD 21076   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
New York City, New York
“Beautiful,.affordable hotel. Grade A service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at The Hotel for my niece's 10th birthday and it was fabulous!!! Lobby is beautiful and clean. We wee greeted by friendly (hilarious) staff. In the hallways, the staff is warm, friendly and helpful. The ruins are beautiful, clean, and very modern. I am currently writing to all of you from one of the softest mattresses ever!!! (I'm so satisfied I'm writing this review before even checking out).

There is a restaurant in the lobby. There is happy hour there Monday thru Friday.

Come check out this hotel!!!

• Stayed November 2012
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Ms. Williams, thank you so much for your beautifully written review. We really really appreciate your support and your feedback. It means the world to my staff and I. I will definitely share your comments with the rest of the team!
Please come back and see us.

Jeff Makhlouf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Check-In was at 3:00pm, I arrived at 4:30 and was told that there were no rooms available. I was then offered a standard room with a King size bed and a pull out, in place of the Executive room with double Queen size beds I originally reserved. When I declined, I was told to come back in an hour to CHECK for any available rooms. I returned and was given a standard room and a key to the Executive Lounge. After all of issues I had at check-in, I was still overcharged for the executive room I did NOT stay in. The bill was not corrected until I repeatedly explained to the front desk personnel the circumstances of my stay, while the Manager stood there and completely ignored us and looked away the entire time. Light bulbs blown out but maintenance was helpful. NO HOT WATER! I was pretty much given an "oh well" from staff. After expressing that I had finally had enough, I was given meal vouchers to use at Grillfire restaurant where the wait-staff was far from friendly. Other customers who had similar complaints were dismissed and given NOTHING not even an apology. We were all told to "take a card and call the staff personally" the next time we planned to visit the hotel. Not happening. As for Grillfire, amazing interior designer. Everything else was just okay. It was supposed to be a nice relaxing getaway including a visit to Maryland Live for my mothers birthday and our experience at the hotel was by FAR the worst part of the trip. Although everyone maintain a pleasant attitude, its unfortunate the weekend was plagued with issues. The biggest one being the lack of hot water. So much for a great weekend getaway..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Cierra J:

I received your completed survey last night through our in house email survey system as well as the comments from the front desk. As soon as we received your email, my service team and I communicated late last night and have already refunded all monies back to your VISA credit card ($111.87). An email was also sent last night to your personal email we have on file.
The events that took place during your check in and stay are definitely an unfortunate exception. If you look further down the list of the reviews on this site that go over a period of 15 months, you see nothing but satisfied guests.
We unfortunately had a group the night before that did not honor their agreed upon check out time. This created a ripple effect as our housekeeping was turning over the hotel in record time. As far as the Hot water, we did have a defective part on one of our boilers. As soon as the problem was discovered, we had an engineering team at the hotel and all hot water was restored within two hours.
One more time, my apologies for the inconvenience and truly wish you would give us another chance.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our overall stay at The Holtel was Excellent! Front desk staff was very welcoming and friendly! The food at The Grillfire was delicious! Our waiter and the bartender were very friendly and accommodating! Indoor pool and work out facility was clean and sufficient. Rooms were clean and the beds were beyond comfortable! The box of Cayenne Pepper Chocolates were a nice added personnel touch on checkout! I highly recommend staying at The Hotel!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us at the Hotel. We are glad you chose our hotel. We hope you make us your home away from home and that you come back and see us more often.

Chesterfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our check-in process was our only issue due to no King rooms being available at 3pm. We had to wait until almost 4:15pm to get our room. A little frustrating at the least. Once we got checked in, the remainder of our hotel experience was great. This is a new hotel and the prices are more than reasonable. Our experience at their restaurant was very pleasing, too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback and for the honest comments! We had a large group that weekend that overstayed their agreed upon checkout time by 45 minutes which caused a ripple effect with check ins not being able to have the rooms on time. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and invite you to come back and stay with us again.

General Manager.
Islip, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were looking for a hotel in the DC area that was affordable and high quality. I stumbled on the Hotel at Arundel Preserve. The rooms looked too good to be true. They were even better than the website portrayed.We were ending a vacation where we stayed in 5 star hotels, from several of the most prominent hotel chains. This was easily the nicest one we stayed in. I would never have thought to look for such a high quality hotel in this area. I would stay there again in a minute.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so much for this amazing review. I liked it so much that I forwarded it to all my management team! It makes us so proud to know that you highly think of us especially after staying at 5 Star hotels that are part of the major brands.
Please come back and see us again.

Jeff Makhlouf General Manager
scottsdale, az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel on the Sunday night before the hurricane when our flight was cancelled. Rooms are appointed very nicely, bathrooms are large and the lobby is well done. A bit of a walk to the mall but there is a Starbucks and other food places across the street.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments: they are greatly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and would like to remind you that we offer shuttle service to and from the mall, the casino, the airport and others within a 5 miles radius.

Please come back and see us soon!

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My group holds its fall meeting in this area. We were delighted by everything about this beautiful new property. From my first call to the hotel for general information, I encountered outstanding and helpful service. Unlike many properties near the airport, the Hotel knows how to handle shuttle transportation--guests know when to expect the shuttle, and ride in style in a Mercedes van.
The property itself is gorgeous, with a beautiful open lobby, well-designed meeting space,
spacious guest rooms with terrific furnishings and amenities. The hotel has a LEED certification, and unlike another property in the area that claims this designation, nothing here was done on the cheap. The wi-fi works perfectly, the restaurant and bar are fun, and the catering selections and staff served us very well. We are looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the seventh floor.