“A must stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Upper Marlboro
“A must stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Upon entering the Lobby, you are awed. You are welcomed by Staff as if you are home. Opening the door to your room, your sanctuary awaits. Room service for breakfast - exceptional and filling. I have absolutely nothing but the highest praise for this gem of a getaway retreat in hanover. *exhales* You must experience it to appreciate all of its unique qualities. I am looking forward to staying here again very soon.

Room Tip: Stay on the Executive Floor if ther eis space. The personal service as well as access to the Executi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you so much Stacey for this great review. We are delighted to know that you loved our facilities and had a great time. We know that our guests have choices when deciding to stay here and appreciate them for selecting us.
Please come back and see us, we are looking forward to seeing you with us again.

Jeff Makhlouf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I travel to Hanover several times a year on business and on my last trip decided to try the Hotel at Arundel Preserve for the first time. I was impressed when I entered the lobby, very spacious and well designed and decorated. The room was a nice size as well and nicely decorated, though neither larger nor smaller compared to other rooms I've stayed at around Arundel Mills. Room staff were very helpful and friendly, desk staff were hit or miss depending on the person;

A few minor issues. Laundry costs almost twice as much to do as it does at other hotels in the area (my stays tend to be 7-10 days so its something I notice); the Grillfire restaurant has a limited breakfast menu, quality was fine but certainly not a menu for all tastes; signs in the parking spaces around the hotel reserve parking for restaurant guests, not hotel guests, however guests and hotel staff just ignore the signs; also, even if you arrange for a late check-out, the electronic keys "zeroize " at 11 AM (per the desk clerk "Its automatic") so you need to have you key rekeyed to get back into your room.

One annoyance, which I know is not a requirement for most guests and is usually a hit or miss request, was early check-in. I usually arrive in Hanover from an international flight and prefer to check in as a soon as I arrive in late morning. While there is usually no guarantee of early check-ins at any hotel, all of the other hotels I have stayed at in Hanover have always been able to provide me with an early check in the type of room I booked. This hotel was unable to do so. Again, not a usual request and certainly not a deal breaker for someone on personal travel, but in my case, the hotel is not able to provide a service that all of its competitors have been able to provide.

All that being said, if you are just looking for a day or two in the area, the hotel is generally comparable to its competition, and is even a bit fresher looking that some given it is not that old. For a lengthy business stay, however, I will likely chose one of my old standby, more user -friendly hotels for my next visit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Please allow me to first sincerely thank you for writing about our hotel and for the constructive feedback. It is guests like yourself that give us feedback and help us improve on our offerings.
I am taking your comments back to the team and we will re-evaluate our laundry prices as well as comunicate to the front desk your concerns about not getting early check in. As we are getting busier and are sold out most of the nights, rooms are not ready earlier in the day. That could however be arranged easily once we have a reqest for it.
I am asking you in all sincerety to give us another try as we are truly a unique experience in this area and the opinions of our Tripadvisor members are the greatest testimony to that.

Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is a really outstanding hotel, especially for the price. The rooms are attractive and comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. And the beds might be the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. So take that money you were going to spend on the Holiday Inn or Marriott Courtyard and stay at a much nicer hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent experience at the Hotel at Arundel Preserve. I am glad you found our beds comfortable as we spent much effort selecting the best mattress out there.
Please come back and see us when in the area again.

Springfield VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

My stay at The Hotel was very enjoyable and the receptionist staff was very friendly and helpful. The restuarant in the hotel was very up scale which also has sports lounge area. The coffee and cream in the rrom were very good and adequate for 4 cups of coffee. This hotel is brand new and very enjoyable to stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review regarding your most recent stay. As I am someone who really loves coffee, I wanted the coffee experience in the rooms to be very good. As a result, we went with the Keurig makers, coffee creamer cups and not powder as well as a good quality mug.
We are currently looking into offering Starbucks K-cups in the rooms.

Have a great day and please come back and see us again.

Hamden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My husband and I travelled to Ft. Meade, MD for the Easter Holiday to spend it with my daughter and son-in-law who is a Staff Sargent in the US Marine Corp. We stayed at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve and what a treat. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. It is impeccably clean not only in the public rooms but in the living quarters. Very modern design and extremely spacious. The beds are spectacular. It was so comfortable I did not want to get up. Beautiful furnishings, extremely roomy (we had a standard king size bed room) which I thought was going to be small since a king size bed room is usually smaller than if you have two queen size beds but it was not. It was three times the size of an average room at at Hilton or Marriott hotel. The room was so beautiful I can't even imagine what the suites and the 7th Floor (for business people) rooms are like. The hotel is very well located in Hanover, MD situated between Baltimore and Washington, DC. The Arundel Mills Mall which is down the street about one and one half miles is fabulous if you like outlet shopping (they also have regular stores but mostly outlets). They had a great pool and workout room, also very impeccably clean. All the employees were very friendly and accommodating. They have a restaurant in the hotel called the Grillfire (a bit pricey but the food was good) and an Asian restaurant across the beautifully landscaped courtyard where you could sit and enjoy the beautifully lit fountain. They have a very large garage attached to the hotel and there is no charge for parking. The room rates are extremely reasonable for what you get. They have all the amenities you could want including free business center and wi-fi. The only thing that was lacking was they did not readily have a list of the area churches but the staff found us a Roman Catholic Church in Baltimore that we could attend for Easter services. The hotel is conveniently located to several interstate highways so it is easy to find and easy to use as a home base if you wanted to go into Baltimore or Washington.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is in the Hanover, MD area. We will definitely be going back when we are in the area.

Room Tip: We had a standard King and it was lovely and very spacious but the next time I go, I am going to sta...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this beautiful review about our hotel! Let me start by wishing you a Happy Easter!! I am so glad you chose our hotel for your recent trip to town.
I am also happy that you got to try Grillfire as well as Rangoli (the Indian restaurant). They are both getting rave reviews and are constantly packed.
Great news on local information, our guest room directories will be delivered soon and will be including local area worship places as well as other important information. I will go back to the front desk team and make sure this is addressed so they can give out the needed information in the future.
Please come back and see us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

the employees at the front desk were very friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was delightful, quite and peaceful, i felt like i was on vacation in another state/country. we stayed on the 7th floor king suite, those are the best rooms on that floor. i walled in and felt more at home in that room then in my own room. it was perfect especially cause my husband and i were celebrating our anniversary! they only one thing i did notice was the house keeping was rude, not friendly and always looked mad. but the stay was great

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for your review and for your great words describing the hotel and your experience. I am very disappointed to learn of your encounter with housekeeping. I have already forwarded your comments to that department management team and we will schedule a coaching session to address this matter. I would like to assure you that this is an exception as my team and I prioritize guest's comfort and satisfaction above anything else.
Looking forward to seeing you with us again in the future.

L.A. Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed here one night with my husband and two teenage kids for one night. We were looking for a nice place to stay after flying in from the the west coast on our way to a tour of the Civil War sites in the area, and were not disappointed. This is a new hotel that is modern, attractive, very clean and comfortable. The food at their restaurant was tasty and everyone found something on the menu they liked.
No complaints from us, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our hotel. I am delighted to learn that you made us your stop during your long trip. I am also very pleased to know that all of your family enjoyed themselves as well.

Jeff Makhlouf

Been to The Hotel at Arundel Preserve? Share your experiences!