“Love this place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Maryland
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Love it even more since I won it via a Hotwire deal. Although if I had paid full price for my room, I'm sure I would've loved it just the same. I came here for a weekend escape--I didnt want to be bothered...I just wanted to be comfortable.

The hotel is stunning. The lobby is impressive! I wish i could comment on Grillfire, but I didnt eat there, so maybe next stay. Free wifi AND parking--I pray to God they never change this. It's such a letdown when you get to a hotel and find out you have to pay $20 to park and access the outside world.

The rooms remind me of a combination of the Aloft brand and the newer Hyatt Place room stylings...just a lot better. lol The beds are comfortable, and the bathrooms?? OMG. lol I LOVE the sink area, and the walk-in shower has this rainfall showerhead...I need one for my house! Refrigerator, no microwave (if you're wondering), but there's a coffee machine. Wardrober is nice, and the room decor is great, too. It's just a nice room.

My only complaints? I have 60 cable stations, but my NBC and ABC don't work. Also, after flushing the toilet, it keeps making sporadic flush-like noises for about an hour or so afterwards. It was kind of annoying, but nothing serious. Customer service was great--the girl at the welcome desk is beautiful! lol

I live in the area, and I've never been a fan of all of the building they've done to this area over the years, but i'm in love with this hotel. Try to get here if you can!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
What a great and detailed survey! Thank you so much for the time you took to write it. It is even more rewarding to know that this review came in from someone who travels a bit. It is wonderful to know that you appreciated the decor and settings as well. As far as the TV channels, we do offer all the local ones, I will have engineering review their daily logs to see if we had any outages during your stay. We are aware of the issue with the toilets and have gone back and adjusted the pressure in the few rooms were problems were reported.
Thank you again for your great review and hope to see you again soon.

Jeff Makhlouf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Awesome design , fantastic service and an overall great place to spend time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the short and quick comment but yet straight to the point. Please come back and see us again!

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Awesome place, very clean, spacious and professional staff. Please stay here at least once you won't be sorry you did.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the recommendation. We truly appreciate it. Please come back and see us again soon!

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager
Howard County, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

This hotel is fairly new in my area so I wanted to try it out. I love the fact that it is on the opposite end of all the mall congested area. Upon check-in, I noticed this GREAT ambiance as I walked in. I loved the modern contemporary feel, nice and open lounge. Check-in was fast on a reservation. Front desk associate was so friendly. He was on point with any additional information a traveler would need. He ASKED if I knew about all the local attractions before offering pamphlets and brochures (I am local so I opted out). I am glad for that option. I don't like to waste time upon check-in. Room was really NICE is all I can say. Spacious and NEW (still plastic on the sleeper sofa). I had the King Room on the 4TH floor with tub and roman shower. Bathroom was nice too. Toilet was separated from the rest of the bathroom which I LOVED! Shower was nice with its over sized spa shower head. Now the TUB! I couldn't stay out of. Deep and I couldn't help from slipping lol. I love big tubs. Me and my fiance could fit in it for it not to be a two person tub (I think). Just wish it was whirlpool. Still enjoyed. Restaurant, Grillfire, had a nice feel. Kind of reminds you of the Cheesecake Factory ambiance but more of a romantic and soft lighting feel. I loved the two sided fireplace they had. I had a few drinks and dessert which was delicious.Room-service was great too. Grillfire breakfast was GREAT! I will definitely come back again soon to try out the rest of their menu. French toast wasn't heavy. Wild Mushroom and sausage omlet was to die for and so was the fried potatoes. I think I covered mostly everything. Found my new getaway spot (a mommy needs it :D). Pricing on weekend rates are pretty average. Reminding that this is a business type hotel to where they have a whole 7th floor access I have not explored. This is a great spot for any business person or relaxation weekend away from the daily grind and noise.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Lanham, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I have travelled often and have not written a review on travel zoo to date. I must say, this hotel is wonderful. I live in the area and hosted a sleepover for my twin dauthers. We checked out all the hotels in the area and this was their choice. I must tell you...it did not disappoint at all. The service here is grade A and staff is soooo friendly and helpful. If you are the DMV, dont hesitate to visit and stay here.

PS. You must try the GrillFire Restaurant - they have the cutest smores dessert tray - it is an experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Happy Birthday to your twins on behalf of the whole team! I am delighted to know that you had other choices and that you enjoyed your time with us. Please come back and see us soon! Thank you again for taking the time to write about your experience.

Jeff Makhlouf

Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This was a very nice hotel !! The staff was really nice ! We stayed for one night for New Years..and it was very comfortable stay! Cant wait to return!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Thank you so much and HAPPY NEW YEAR! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Jeff Makhlouf General Manager
glen burnie, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

I desired a stress free getaway around the Christmas Holidays and received just that. The Hotel is absolutely beautiful, the staff is superb.

I arrived at the hotel completely stressed out, and was instantly relieved and soothed when I check in. The front desk attendant, Heather, was very pleasant and instantly concerned with how she could make my stay more comfortable. I initially booked a suite on the 7th floor, thinking that there was a separate shower and tub combo...there wasn't. Very pleased with the room, but disappointed with only a shower, I went down to the front desk to see if there was another room available. J Brian, the office manager was beyond accommodating and gracious; upgrading me to the Junior Suite on the 4th floor, which has a separate shower and tub. The suite was not available for reservations online (I am not sure if this is by design or mistake) and there were no pictures of it on the website so allow me to brief you...900 sqft heaven on earth (well almost). There is a large wonderful king size bed, sofa and chair, desk, Samsung LED HDTV, Keurig coffee maker, refrigerator- so you don't miss many comforts available at home; there isn't a microwave, however...which was a bit inconvenient when bringing food up from the Grillfire (will discuss that later) or whatever you may have eaten. The best part of this suite for me was the tub, super deep, super long, ...just down right AMAZING. The entire suite makes you feel like you are in a spa. Having stayed at hotels such as the Doubletree, the Marriott, the Hyatt, the Westin, the Omni, the Ritz, I was presently surprised to find such an affordable retreat that rivaled the top contenders. I look forward to staying again very soon and very often.

Cons- By no means deal breakers and to no fault of the hotel's staff, but areas that may cause some people frustration...when someone is running a bath above you, you hear it clearly in your room. It didn't happen often to me, but I fear I may have bugged people below me. ;-(

I did receive three $15 breakfast coupons for the Grillfire, but only used one. The quality of the food did not warrant the high prices. Now I only at one dinner and one breakfast, neither were worth writing a polite comment about. I will say that the shrimp appetizer and dinner bread were good, and the atmosphere was very warm, romantic and welcoming...there was even a wedding proposal the night I had dinner there...quite lovely.

Overall, I think that other hotels in the area have some serious competition and I am interested to see what others do to compare to the newest and now best establishment on the block.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
I wanted to thank you for this infromative review of our product and services. This will definitely be very helpful for future guests. Thank you for your feedback on the noise from the rooms above with the water running. I will address this feedback with our building engineers. I am also sharing your comments about the restaurant with the General manager there.
Thank you for your great feedback and please come back and see us again.

Thank you.

Been to The Hotel at Arundel Preserve? Share your experiences!