“A great find!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Saint Peters, Missouri
“A great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

We were trying to book a room close to BWI. For some reason all the room were booked up unless you want to pay over $300. I found this one online but I wasn't sure of the area or the hotel. As a last resort, I booked a room not sure if I would be dodging bullets or what. What a fantastic surprise! Great area and a really nice hotel with a great friendly staff. It was one of those places that you are thinking about just making a weekend trip for pleasure just to enjoy the hotel and area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am really glad you found us and most important the fact you enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind for your next visit or getaway as we have great packages.

Thank you.

Jeff Makhlouf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
So Cal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

It's a new hotel and was told it opened about a month ago. Everything looks great. I still see paint and concrete buckets in the parking structure to remind me they're still putting the final touches on it. I didn't mind it at all.

The staff was great... Tim the shuttle driver and Ashley at the front desk... and everyone else that helped me out was very friendly and accommodating.

The wireless/WiFi in room had issues. Lobby wifi had no problems. Since the first hour of checking in and up until the 3rd or 4th day I was still having issues with this. They tried to get their contracted IT guys to work on it but they were "located" in Tennessee and they were "working on it". This was the only issue that brought down the rating. From my experience in IT support, I had determined that it was not my computer. Same issues connecting to iPads/iPhones and laptop. I was dependent on that due to work.

My suggestion to the hotel is to get a "Do Not Disturb" sign or have a sign for not requiring housekeeping service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you so much for your review and mostly for your time. I appreciate your comments about the hotel and the staff, I am about to go into our weekly all managers meeting and we will be reading your survey.
As far as the internet, I would like to start by apologizing for any inconvenience we might have caused you. You are aboslutely correct, we did experience an internet problem that has to do with the equipment. Our IT team has been working hard to assure no future interruptions. All hardware was changed out and we are confident we are good to go. They have also added bandwidth and I was told yesterday that the hotel interent will be now "the fastest in Maryland".
We are looking forward to having you stay with us again.

Have a great weekend!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

This Hotel is a great place to stay around the airport. It has great curb appeal in a nice newly developed ( and still developing ) area. It's about 10 min. to the airport and the hotel gets my vote for the best looking shuttle. All the staff was very pleasant and friendly, But I got the feeling they were not experienced with the hotel. someone from the staff entered our room within the first hour of check-in, not knowing the room was occupied. (ooops! ) And Then when we went to use the outdoor pool - shared with and located behind the appartments next to the hotel, The life gaurd questioned if the hotel guests were authorized to use the pool. there was no record of us wanting a shuttle in the morning after requesting one during check-in the day before, luckily they were not busy and we didn't have to wait, We explained we were dropping off my daughter and returning to the hotel in a couple hours. She then gave me a card with the assistant managers phone number and was told to call when ready to be picked up. that would have been okay except for the fact that it was Sun. and she wasn't in her office to answer the phone. I was lucky enough to have a copy of my reservation with the 1 800 number for the hotel front desk to return. After waiting an hour after I called for the shuttle to return, I called back for a status. come to find out that the drivers shift ended and the new driver was waiting at the airport at a different location. I beleive the Hotel staff is not quite operating like a well oiled machine, but they have great potential.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us and for also taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. We are thankful for your feedback and always welcome constructive comments that help us provide excellent services.
I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff for any inconvenience we might have caused you. We have ordered and received business cards with only the hotel main number on them to be used for our hotel shuttle guests. Your comments about the delay in shuttle service were forwarded to the front office manager for coaching with his staff. I apologize for having someone open your door during your stay. I will address with the contractors that were putting the final touches on the hotel. I am glad this is behind us and that they are finally out.
Again, I appreciate your time and welcome you to come back and stay with us once your future plans bring you back to the Arundel Mills area.

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

very convenient to washington, maryland, shops and restaurants.very clean and comfortable

Room Tip: very clean and comfortable
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your opinion really counts especially now that we are getting busier with occuancy as well as events. Please come back and see us when in the area.

Jeff Makhlouf, General Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel with a very professional and friendly staff. The rooms are spacious and the bed is very comfortable. This hotel is kid friendly and there's an indoor pool for the entire family. There's a shuttle that takes you to the mall and picks you up when you call the front desk to let them know you're done. Don't forget to get a card from the shuttle driver. I would recommend everyone to try this hotel at least one time and I can assure you you'll be back! I had an awesome time!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Lake Ridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Stayed during Hurricane Irene. The mall end up closing early we were suppose to attend a party at Dave & Buster, so we had to make use of the hotel to keep ourselves from going crazy. We booked online thru booking.com only 109.00 this rate will not last to long with the casino coming up. We arrived early to try to beat the heart of the Hurricane they let us check in early at 11am. The Room was very modern... nice flat screen TV, loved the large mirror. We ate Breakfast at the hotels restaurant Firegrill (i think is the name). It was way more food than I expected and the price was right. Later that night we went to the bar, they were great and the drinks were perfect. Only sad part of the trip was we were looking forward to using the indoor pool and they shut it down due to the hurricane, its surrounded by glass. But overall we had a great time and will be returning soon.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
TheHotelArundel, General Manager at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our brand new hotel. We are very excited that the long months of hard work in getting the hotel ready have finally paid off. Looking forward to having you with us again.
Oak Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Truly exceptional hotel, down to the free wireless that my friend was able to play games on. Nice amenities. Clean and new fitness room. Fantastic staff who bent over backwards to help me on every occasion. A wonderful stay! Thank you!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to The Hotel at Arundel Preserve? Share your experiences!