“Asian Fusion, With Class” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Asian Fusion, With Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Located in one of the up and coming neighborhoods surrounding Arundel Mills, this little gem is a treat that's to please any palate attuned to the wonderful variety in Asian Food. This is Asian Fusion at its finest and as good as any that you'll find in Yokohama, Tokyo, or Seoul. Be sure to try the Mochi Ice Cream, it's an exquisite symphony of delicate flavor and textures.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
“Start with those yummy very dirty vodka martinis!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I have been here many times for lunch and dinner as I stay in this area when I travel to MD. I have taken many business friends here also. No one has ever been disappointed! Tonight I took a business friend here for dinner. Her first visit! We started with very dirty vodka martinis! Now that is the way to start any meal! YUM! We watched our waiter juggle the two filled martinis across the restaurant from the bar to our table...trying not to spill a drop...that was painful to watch. He did not spill a drop! (Yay!). But for our 2nd round I suggested he bring the "shaker" and pour them table side...he did and we all laughed about how much easier that was! Next we split the coconut shrimp egg rolls...they were very tasty but I thought these were terribly overpriced for what was served...I would not order those again. I had the sushi regular and substituted shrimp tempura roll in place of calif roll. The sushi was mouth watering. I enjoyed! But I thought the price was out of line on this also...it did not include miso soup or salad. I was charged $5. additional for the swap. Usually the most I am charged at other restaurants is $2 or $3. Overall, I thought the prices were inflated compared to other Asian fusion restaurants but it does not stop me from returning...it is a good restaurant with excellent service. I am never disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC
“Nice Place but the Food is Very Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Got the Pad Thai for lunch and, at best, it was average. Didn't have a lot of flavor. The atmosphere was really nice. I might go back and try the sushi.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington
“Fun place with a good menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My group visited Red Parrot last year, and returned last week during our fall meeting. They do Pan-Asian very well, have friendly and efficient service, and have an interesting drinks menu. It's a good place to go in a large or small group, and attracts a lot of business.

Visited October 2012
Baltimore
“Varied if uninspired menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I had some shopping to do near the mall, and we wanted to grab dinner at someplace with good food that wasn't too pricy. Red Parrot is located in a little strip mall down the street from Arundel Mills. It has a nice dinning room that is overseen by the bar in back. The menu has many east Asian options, mostly Japanese, Chinese, Thai and Korean. I had a glass of the house Malbec, which I found to be truly excellent. We ordered the Thai calamari as an appetizer, which was breaded and cooked very well and came with some sort of duck sauce. It was also completely devoid of tentacles, which we found interesting but did make them easy to eat- although we did have to request chopsticks. I enjoy sushi, but we decided to split a Thai Pattaya Seafood dish. This came with scallops, shrimp, mussels and many chopped vegetables in a chili sauce. Everything was cooked perfectly, but the asparagus pieces were cut on such a steep bias that they included the tough base of the stalks. It is also a pet peeve of mind when they make a special note in the menu warning diners that an item is spicy hot but turns out to be particularly as mild as this was. They had some interesting dessert items on the menu, but we decided to skip them this time. We will probably be back, after all.

• Visited October 2012