“YUMMY” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 105 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Baltimore, Maryland
“YUMMY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I've been coming here for years even when I lived an hour and half away! Great margaritas, queso, guac, fahitas, tacos, salsa and I love their thin fresh chips. Service is always spot on.

“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I decided to try this place out because I can visit loud Dave and Buster's any day. The music is loud, the hostess made an insulting assumption...at least my server was awesome. Her attention was truly amazing. I ordered the Sizzling Fajita Salad and it was not only not sizzling, but it wasn't even warm. It also lacked a lot of salad veggie basics. I don't think I'll give this place a second shot for food. The margaritas aren't half bad.

1 Thank jujube1982
Severn, Maryland
“Great place for happy hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

If you like happy hour this is the place to go. The bartenders are friendly and they make the drinks strong

“Very good Tex-Mex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on a Saturday night. The wait was only about 20 minutes for a party of 2. Our waitress provided excellent service and our meals and cocktails were perfect.

Very reasonable prices on menu items. Good choices of combination plates. The Laredo is the best.

I have visited several locations in the state of California. There is no difference in quality compared to Baltimore location. Thumbs up from me. Nice casual place to eat and have a few drinks.

Denver, Colorado
“Great Fresh Mexican Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I like a variety of different Mexican styles and this restaurant offers what they refer to as "Fresh Mex." Not too spicy and extremely flavorful. I particularly like their chips and salsa (complementary). The chips are thin and crisp, but sturdy enough to catch a good portion of their very tasty salsa. I've probably eaten through their entire menu as many times as I have visited and find their steak dishes (fajitas, steak, burritos, etc.) particularly good. I have on occasion found their chicken to be a bit salty, but I've also been told I'm sensitive to that taste. They have a corn garnish from which I seriously could make an entire meal. The salads are crisp and flavorful as well - it's not just rabbit food. The value is outstanding and the margaritas come in a variety of flavors. Their happy hour deals are extremely worthwhile - both drinks and appetizers at considerable discounts. I got a large Nachos and a bar drink for all of $10 on one occasion and ended up taking half the nachos home.
If you want the absolutely best service, ask for Sarah (with an "h"). She's attentive and pleasant.
The food is fresh, the tortillas are made on site, and the atmosphere is authentic. It is located in a mall and the patio seating opens to the sometimes noisy mall area. I prefer indoor seats. If you are in the Baltimore-Washington Airport area and like Mexican fare even a little bit, I strongly encourage you to check out this location of the national chain. Even if there is a small wait (it is never very long), stick around. It's worth it.

• Visited March 2014