“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Arizona
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Recent 2 night stay here was nice. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Only odd thing about the room is that their standard for a room with 2 queens and a pull out is to put 2 towels in the bathroom so we had to ask for additional towels each day. Pool hours are very limited and they quickly rush you out the door 10 minutes before closing and we were asked to leave our towels behind which I politely refused to do. I didn't feel like having to go up to my room in my wet swimsuit without a towel around me. I thought it was rude and very unprofessional. Breakfast was just OK, could use more hot food options like eggs and oatmeal.

Stayed July 2014
Nicole C, Assistant Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. I sincerely apologize about the pool issue you experienced. I will definitely be following up with the lifeguard to address this so it does not occur in the future. I have also made a note for housekeeping about the number of towels provided for each room type. I have forwarded your suggestions with regards to breakfast to our Director of Food and Beverage. Overall, I am glad that you enjoyed the quality of your room and that you had a nice stay. I do look forward to a time when you may return.

Best,
Nicole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Needed a place to stay after we picked up our son from the United States Naval Academy. Needed a place to rest, relax and wash clothes. Was a little disappointed that the pantry didn't have a Coke and had to go to the other side of the hotel for one. Staff handled it with ease though. Room was very comfortable and breakfast was great. Will stay there again as we visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Nicole C, Assistant Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. One of the advantages of being a complex property is being able to borrow things from each other so I am glad that our staff was able to get your Coca Cola! Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your return!

Best,
Coral Springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Lovely hotel, helpful staff and free dinner(Mon-Thurs)!! My family and I stayed here on vacation since it was close to DC and much more affordable. Would recommend to anyone that doesn't want to be faced with higher rates in Washington--the area was safe and very clean.

Melisa W.,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your vacation! I appreciate your recommendation and look forward to a time when you are back in the area so we may welcome you back!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed at the Homewood Suites for one night after visiting the Baltimore Aquarium. The hotel is very close (like down the street) from Arundel Mills mall which is massive with every restaurant you can think of and it has a casino! The hotel was very quiet and the room was clean and met our Homewood Suites standards. Our kids wanted to visit the pool and they had a great time, but the pool was crowded and the Life Guard on duty was not enforcing any of the rules that the hotel had listed on the wall. Kids were running and I was waiting for a catastrophe that thankfully never happened. Breakfast was very good and there was a good variety of foods to eat. Other than being on pins and needles by the pool, the experience was wonderful.

TripAdvisor Guest,

I am so happy that you and your family got to visit the aquarium while you were here! It is one of my favorite places to visit when in Baltimore. I am sorry to hear about the pool experience you had. I will definitely be following-up with the lifeguards on duty to make sure it does not happen again in the future. Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad that you had an overall enjoyable and comfortable stay!

Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stay in Homewood Suites often - this homewood suites was not so hot. We were visiting for my nieces wedding. We stayed here 3 nights. Had issues the entire time. The hotel was absolutely packed. We were unable to get sheets/blankets/pillows for the pullout. We had asked for them several times. I had to borrow a blanket from my sister's house. Our room was cleaned once while we were there. Our first morning - Breakfast was a wreck. It was so packed with guests, there was one young girl trying to keep up with everything and everyone. They were running out of items and waiting for someone to bring up more. What I was able to grab was awful (a (frozen) waffle, hard as a rock. oatmeal was empty) - then there was absolutely no place to sit. People were everywhere. It was a zoo. One chair was available, I shared it with my daughter who was able to snag oatmeal dregs and a piece of dry sausage. Every morning was like that so we didn't bother with breakfast and ate breakfast elsewhere.

After the third night we were still asking for a blanket, they did offer to credit us HALF one night. Nice - but not enough. The room was $182 a night full price.

While I understand that memorial weekend may have been busy and they may have been full - that is still no excuse to not have enough sheets/blankets/pillows/towels. If you can't accommodate your guests, with what are standard items like sheets, a blanket and a pillow, towels, a place to sit to eat your breakfast, that is just simply not acceptable. I cannot even imagine what the pool would have been like as the two hotels share the pool - we didn't even attempt it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Nicole C, Assistant Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
TripAdvisor Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your most recent stay. I sincerely apologize for what you experienced and I can completely assure you that an experience such as yours is not typical. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this further.

Hartford, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Reserving a room 6 months in advanced with the expectation that you would not be next to one of the loudest elevators I have ever experienced, which you end next to. Don't count on the comp. breakfast to stir you taste buds.

Brian B,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback regarding your most recent stay. I would love the opportunity to follow-up with you about your experience with us and I do apologize that you did not receive a room assignment to your liking. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel at 410-878-7201.

Kind regards,
Milwaukee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Homewood Suites Baltimore/Arundel was just a wonderful place to stay. Our suite was immaculate and the housekeeping staff did an incredible job. The food was excellent as well as the entire hotel staff. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Nicole C, Assistant Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Kim S.,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I appreciate your comments about our housekeeping staff and will be sure to forward them along to our Housekeeping Director. I am so glad you had an overall enjoyable stay. Thank you for your recommendation!

Nicole

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!