“Hotel is great overall, but got stuck with smoking room” 3 of 5 stars

Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Evans, Georgia
“Hotel is great overall, but got stuck with smoking room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel is great. I always stay here when near Arundel Mills. The staff is always friendly and helpful, but I can only give the stay this time a "3." I reserved a non-smoking room and got stuck with a really nasty smelling smoking room. We were unable to be moved, didn't ask if I could be moved to a Hilton Garden Inn room since they are in the same building, and they didn't offer...It's possible they were booked solid in both hotels. Regardless, I prefer Homewood for the rooms, amenities and overall friendliness of the staff.

That being said, I can't believe that the hotel still allows smoking in the hotel. People smoking inside is just nasty. The room reeked and no amount of air-freshener was going get it out.

That being said. Unbelievably and shockingly, the BEST grits I've ever eaten were served at the breakfast bar...Color me shocked. Anyway, I'll be back, and we'll assume this was a blip on their normal great service.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a non-smoking room if smelling like a cigarette is not what you want.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Waitman V, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for the confusion with your reservation. While we greatly appreciate your kind words about our friendly staff it’s always disappointing when one of our guests feel let down during their stay. I am familiar with the night in reference and after speaking with our Director of Operations found that both hotels were fully committed resulting in the room location. Our ultimate goal as we continue to work with Hilton is to be 100% smoke free.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
near D.C. and Baltimore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The couch was comfortable, the footstool / table was excellent, the bed was soft yet firm, and my wife didn't have any problems resting which made it possible for me to get a good nights rest before work the next day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Waitman V, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Guest, We are so glad you had an enjoyable stay and more importantly a good night’s rest. We look forward to your return.
cumbola, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This reservation was made January 16, 2013 for a stay on September 14, 2013. I reserved the 2 bedroom suite. When we arrived we were told the room was not available because another guest extended their stay. I do not understand why my reservation was not honored. If another guest extended their stay, then they should have been inconvenienced, not me. I was very unhappy about this as we were looking forward to having this type of room. I tried to do the E-check in the day before but it wouldn't work. Scarlet at the desk was very nice, but I was not happy at all. The room was very clean, but we were not happy about the reservation not being honored.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Waitman V, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
While we make best attempt to honor all reservations there are times such as this when a guest may extend impacting room availability.

As an extended stay property our hotel is the “home away from home” for several families displaced due to delay in military deployment, loss of home/life due to fire and several other individual situations that if asked to leave would result in a family or military member with no place to live.

Understanding this may impact other guests we always find suitable accommodations at our property or the Hilton Garden Inn located within our complex.

I understand this was an inconvenience and for that I apologize.
Waitman-V
Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the past 3 years. It provides a great place to unwind after a busy day. The front desk staff is very accommodating. Frank offers a smile and a warm welcome to all guests and does whatever he can to ensure your comfort and satisfaction.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Guest, thank you for the excellent comments regarding our couch, footstool and bed. It's great to hear you had an enjoyable stay and a good nights rest!
Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

WoW, After several stays in the area at other locations I was not expecting to be overly rewarded, relaxed and treated well. This location can definitely renew opportunities to get all of the above in. Several key points that make this a must try on your next visit: (Location, Amenities, Service & Value).

1) LOCATION-Shuttle optional, but this spot does allow the traveler the convenience of 24 hrs of chauffeured services or short drives within the local area. I did both and if it wasn't for the distance of my travel plans, I would have totally gone shuttle! 2) AMENITIES-Business Center for quick access to Internet and copy/fax equipment; free dining on a casual but hearty level; plus a pool to relax in, even if the comfy beds haven't already taken you in! 3) SERVICE-Smooth check in and out with cordial cross checks from the front desk on making sure your stay is up to par; dining service rivaling resteraunt level especially with Ron & Milton in the evening and the dynamic duo in the morning staying attentive, supportive and efficient with the guests! 4) VALUE-I used points and had a nice suite, but the cost is affordable especially for Hilton Honors Members!

I saw a diverse crowd during my two day stay, so whether you are business or family focused, military or simply vacationing just try them and see how it can work for you!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Hilton Garden Check-In Desk Side is without the sunrise, and is even fairly shaded...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Waitman V, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Guest,

I am so glad you had a wonderful experience at our hotel. Our Housekeepers, Front Desk, Shuttle Drivers and management team take great pride in providing guests with a memorable trip. Looking forward to your return. Waitman V.
Colorado Springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

First time at this hotel and was very pleased with the service, cleanliness, staff and especially the shuttle service to take you to the mall or restaurants. Only 25-30 mile drive to the Washington Mall. easy access to downtown Baltimore. Will stay again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Guest,

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your stay. The next time your travels bring you to the area please consider breakfast or dinner at our on property restaurant The Great American Grill. Our culinary team would love the opportunity to provide you with the same service our hotel provides.

Thank you, Waitman V.
Yorktown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotelwas a great place to stay while we were in town for the Renaissance Festival. Even tho the festival was about 15 miles away, this hotel was worth the drive to come back to after a long drive from home and a busy day at the festival. The hot tub alone was worth it! Breakfast was fine with a nice selection of fruits, yogurt and cereal as well as the hot items. I will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Waitman V, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay.

We’re glad you had the opportunity to visit the Renaissance Festival during opening weekend! We greatly appreciate your report on our hot tub and breakfast amenities.

We hope that you join us again before the end of Renaissance Festival 2013.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!