“Disappointment of service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Chicago, United States
“Disappointment of service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

A huge disappointment to housekeeping. I waked in that area in the evening/night time and wanted to be not disturbed till mid-day, so "Do not disturb" sign was posted on my room door. I did not realized that room will be excluded from housekeeping work even when sign is removed in mid day. Make sure that you tell concierge to clean your room otherwise it will be skipped.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Waitman V, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
//Lev R//,

Please accept my sincere apologize for the delay in Housekeeping service. To honor our guest’s requests to not be disturbed we check all of our “do not disturb” rooms twice throughout the day.

If a guests notifies us of a specific time outside of Housekeeping hours we ensure the request is honored.

The next time your travels bring you to the Homewood Suites, Arundel Mills please let our Guest Services team know of any Housekeeping requests as they would be delighted to assist.

235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel was great. Only had a small problem with the evening food staff. Morning food staff, front desk, security, cleaning crew, maintenance all were great. Will stay here again. Rooms excellent and beds great. Right across the road from Arundel Mills Mall and they have a shuttle that will take and pick you up there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Homewood Guest,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding our front desk, cleaning crew and maintenance division. I would love the opportunity for you to provide feedback regarding our evening food staff.

At your convenience please contact me directly at the hotel,

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The staff and facility was excellent. Breakfast and evening meal a definite plus. The only problem was the pool only being open when a life guard was on duty in the evenings from 5 - 9 p.m. Good location for our visit to DC and Virginia.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Waitman V, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Trip Advisor Member,

Trip advisor Member,

Thank you for complimenting our staff, facility and complimentary breakfast and dinner service.
To comply with county guidelines our pool hours are limited to ensure we have a life guard on duty 7 days per week. Although pool hours are 5-9 on the weekdays our pool is open on the weekend from 10am – 9pm.

Waitman
Clarkstown, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Recently spent a few days at the HH Arundel Mills. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room was quiet and clean. The kitchen had limited supplies, but was clean. Ample parking and close to shopping and the Casino. Complimentary hot breakfast left something to be desired and when the dining area was full, the 2 workers could not keep up with the demands. Other breakfast items were fine. There is also a small restaurant in the HH Garden Inn if you want a different option for breakfast and a Dennys opposite the back of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Waitman V, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Mcsweddee,
Thank you for the great feedback regarding our helpful and pleasant staff.

I have forwarded your feedback regarding our rooms to our Director of Housekeeping and Director of Food & Beverage regarding our breakfast team.

It’s feedback from our guests that allow us the opportunity to improve. Mcsweddee, we look forward to your return.

Belleville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

this is a very nice hotel. Rooms were very clean and all areas of the hotel were very nice. The wait staff was always friendly and willing to help. The gym was well kept and clean equipment. Laundry room only had one washer working at a time that is the only drawback that I had staying at this hotel otherwise it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Waitman V, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Guest,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your experience at our hotel. Our team takes great pride knowing that our guests feel special and well taken care of during their trip.
Looking forward to your return,

Providence, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This property is a disgrace to the Hilton brand! I spend over 100 nights per year in Hilton hotels and had no reason to believe this property wouldn't live up to the quality I have been used to. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a two room suite, which was great... that's where it stops. Upon exiting the elevator we were greated by filthy carpets that appear to have gone un-vacuumed for quite a while along with a stench eminating throughout the hallways. Directly outside our room door and many others were plastic bags filled with soiled linens. Upon entering our room we thought it was going to be a nice comfortable stay. We noticed a musty/gym locker odor in one of the bedrooms and just figured the air needed to be run for a while. We turned on the air and proceeded to the pool only to find out it didn't open until 4PM during the week! WOW, I have never stayed at a hotel anywhere that didn't have the pool open all day. We then left and grabbed some dinner and returned at about 8PM... solied linens, filthy carpet and stench still in the hallway. After further investigation, I found the source of the stench coming from a soiled diaper in the garbage can in the vending room so I closed the door... garbage was removed presumably by housekeeping the next day.

We left after two days and the odor never left the room. Realizing a couple of days later that we had forgotten something in the room, I called the hotel to see if they'd found the item. The person at the desk transferred me to a houekeeping extension that was rerouted to someone's cell phone so I left a message. Two days later, no call back so I called again. This time they took a message and said someone would call me back. Two days later again, no call back so I called again. I asked to stay on hold until a live person in housekeeping picked up. After speaking to them and explaining the item I lost I sat on hold for the next 15 minutes. When the person picked up again they explained that they were unable to locate the item and that they'd call me back after they looked in more places... I'm sure you know the outcome... no call back!

As the subject says... disappointing! Although I earn points with Hilton on every stay, they certainly lost points with me on this one!

Room Tip: Keep in mind the pool doesn't open until 4PM during the week... serious disappointment for kids.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Waitman V, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Cherga2013,

Please accept my sincere apologizes for the inconvenience with your overall hotel stay. I have discussed your feedback with our Director of Facilities and Director of Operations and assure you that it’s our commitment to ensuring each guest a memorable experience.

When your travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills area please contact me directly as I would be delighted to show you our improvements.

Waitman
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Hotel is a great place to stay. They have a shuttle bus that will take you anywhere within a 5 miles radius. We were able to go to the Mall, Casino and restaurants and never had to worry about driving. The Breakfast could be a little better, but overall the Hotel was clean and quiet. The pool had enough clorine to kill all germs. They have an outdoor sitting area right off of the pool with a grill that you can reserve and use to host a little get together. I will stay here again the next time I visit Maryland.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Guest,
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay. I have forwarded your comments regarding breakfast to our Senior Chef to identify ways we can improve our breakfast while remaining within the Homewood Suites guidelines.
Hopefully upon your return you have the opportunity to use our complimentary grill. There is a grocery store within shuttle limits to assist you with any cooking needs you may have.
Thank you for choosing our hotel, looking forward to your return.
Waitman V.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!