I couldn't even find it and drive around for a while because you cannot see it from the road. My GPS put me on the right road but ended me too far down in the middle of a business park. The only hotels you can see from the road is the HI Express, and the Hilton Garden Inn. Well wouldn't you know it, the Hilton is split in half and the Homewood is hiding behing the Garden inn. There isn't a real sign you can see from the road or anything. Just a tiny sign that is easy to miss, because I did. I was looking for a standalone hotel which is usually easy to spot from a distance. The only way I found it was to go inside the Hilton and ask, and they told me it was around back. Who could know this? Very stupid on their part. They need to put a larger sign out by the road at least, or put both names at the top in neon. So be warned, don't look for this place, but instead the Hilton Garden Inn and then drive around back.
Other than that, the room was very nice and clean. The bed was comfortable, although they only had feather pillows and I cannot stand them at all. Usually most hotels at least have a traditional pillow in the closet but not this place. We also used the couch bed for my 3yr old and it was just fine. There was extra bedding in the closet for it, but no extra pillows. The room had a full size fridge/freezer and kitchenette. You could stay here a while and cook if needed. The shower layout was stupid with the towel rack inside the shower. That makes no sense unless you want wet towels. It also leaked all over the floor so we had to put a towel down on the ground under the doorway. Breakfast was great and comparable to most other places. Fake eggs, and cheap sausage. The potatoes were good, and everything else there which are breads, cereal, oatmeal, etc. The presentation was nicer than the food, but it definitely hit the spot and is all we needed. I am not complaining about it, just saying how it is. It's what I expected, and that's fine. The pool is very nice but has dumb hours of opperation. It closes early, and opens late. It makes it hard to use it if you are only staying 1 night. We had to stay they next day until checkout in order to fit the pool in since it doesn't open until 10am and closed at like 7pm or something rediculously early. The pool is on the ground floor and shared by both sides of the hotel as well as laundry and fitness. The washing machines only use cold water which is stupid and don't wash very good. My toddler threw up on the way here and we needed to wash his cloths and car seat cover. They still smelled when I pulled them out as if I only used water and no soap, but I put soap in. It costed $1 to wash and $1 to dry so I wan't doing it twice. It was better than before but still not clean. Would have been much better if it could have been washed in hot water. The front desk also does not keep any extra towels or soaps etc behind the counter which is poor. I was told I would need to wait for the cleaning service to arrive in the morning to get more items. What about those that arrive in late and need something? The desk should always have a small supply of things available, as most places do. I was surprised at this.
Overall this was a good stay and I would stay here again now that I know where it is. It's cheaper and nicer to stay in Arundel Mills when seeing Baltimore than staying right in the noisy city and dealing with parking fees and crime. It's only a short 20min or so drive into the city so no biggie, and also close to BWI with shuttle service.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills Hotel
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills Hotel Hanover
- Homewood Suites Hanover
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience one of the best all-suite Hanover MD hotels - The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Baltimore - Arundel Mills offers luxuriously appointed suites and modern hotel amenities to complement its great Baltimore area location. Conveniently located just minutes from BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport and Arundel Mills Mall this hotel near Baltimore is perfect for leisure or extended stay Baltimore travelers. For your convenience shuttle service to the airport and local businesses is available upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hilton Hotels, Venere, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.