My family and I have stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills hotel a few times over the past couple years and usually have a nice stay. This 2 night weekend trip Feb 15-17 was very different and to be honest a very big disappointment.
Let me explain our disappointment. On Sat Feb 16th, we left the hotel to run over to Arundel Mills to eat and watch a movie so that the room could be made up. When we returned, we noticed we didn’t have any towels except for the floor towel and a hand towel. So why did housekeeping not replace our towels? We called down and told guest services we didn’t get any towels and they said they would get us towels.
My daughter wanted to go swimming, so we went to the pool to find that there were “no towels” available at the pool as well and the lifeguard said he had called and told housekeeping they were out of towels as well. Since we didn’t have any towels in our room either, my daughter could not go swimming at that time. Can you imagine the disappoint in my daughter after being so excited spending a weekend at a hotel in winter just so that she can play/swim in an indoor pool? Not a good feeling I can assure you. So we went back to our room and watched TV for a while before we went back down to the pool.
After an hour and a half or so, we still haven’t received towels in the room, and my daughter really wanted to go to the pool. On the way down to the pool, we stopped at the front desk and asked why we didn’t get any towels yet. They said they were working on it and would get them to us as soon as possible. This was at 7:30pm. We went to the pool and there were still no towels at the pool as well. My daughter was about to cry and I told her to go in and play/swim in the pool. My wife went up to the room to get t-shirts so that my daughter could dry off after here time in the pool. Do you know how sad that is to have to resort to using our clothes to dry off?
At 10:30pm, I went back down to the front desk to ask why we still didn’t have any towels in our room. My daughter smelled like chlorine and we needed towels to take a shower. The Front Desk person again assured me that they would bring towels up within the hour. I stayed up waiting for the towels and by “Midnight”, they were still not brought up. I called downstairs again to Guest Services. Apparently a shift change happened and the person working up front didn’t know of our request for towels. What kind of communication system do they have during shift change? She assured me that she would get us towels as soon as possible. Finally at 12:35am, I heard a knock on the door and our towels had arrived along with the tissues my wife had called down for earlier in the day.
This was not a very happy trip for anyone.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills Hotel Hanover
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills Hotel
- Homewood Suites Hanover
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience one of the best all-suite Hanover MD hotels - The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Baltimore - Arundel Mills offers luxuriously appointed suites and modern hotel amenities to complement its great Baltimore area location. Conveniently located just minutes from BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport and Arundel Mills Mall this hotel near Baltimore is perfect for leisure or extended stay Baltimore travelers. For your convenience shuttle service to the airport and local businesses is available upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.