When we arrived to the Hotel at approximately 3:00 p.m. we were told that our room was not cleaned yet! We look around and realized that we were not the only ones waiting. There were roughly 15-20 other people waiting on their rooms as well. at about 4:30 p.m. we spoke with one group that had requested an early check-in online and were still waiting as well. We witnessed another couple whose reservation was completely lost even thought they paid in advance. We decided to take the shuttle service (which was one one the only positives) over to the mall while we waited on our room. We finally received a call that our room was ready at 6:45 p.m. (3 hours and 45 minutes later)! Frank, the front desk attendant was very polite and apologetic during the whole ordeal. When he called to check the status of our room from house keep a VERY RUDE gentleman told him (over the walkie talkie) that he would call him when it was ready and not to call back again. When we eventually were able to go to our room the was an overwhelming smell when we opened the door and our freezer smelled strongly of something like spoiled milk. We asked to speak with a manager and were told that the manager was not in and would not be in until Monday morning. I then called the corporate office and spoke to a woman who was not polite and offered to apologized instead told us it looked like the hotel had a full house the night before and were behind on cleaning the rooms. When I advised her that, that was just unacceptable she said "Ma'am they are cleaning it as fast as they can they were just really busy the prior night" She never offered any compensation or apologies instead told us we needed to speak with the hotel manager on Monday. I asked to speak to her manager who was not in the office as well, so I left a voicemail for her to call me back however, I have not heard a word yet! When we woke up the next morning I decided to check out my online bank account I noticed an additional $50.00 charge had been placed the day before on my account but I was told nothing of this and received to statement of what the fee may have been for! THIS WAS THE WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD! I am a Hilton Honors member and have always stayed at Hilton hotels in the past but I am seriously think of switching over to Marriot after this whole nightmare. I would not feel this way but the lack of caring on the hotel and corporate office has me very upset.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills Hotel Hanover
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills Hotel
- Homewood Suites Hanover
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience one of the best all-suite Hanover MD hotels - The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Baltimore - Arundel Mills offers luxuriously appointed suites and modern hotel amenities to complement its great Baltimore area location. Conveniently located just minutes from BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport and Arundel Mills Mall this hotel near Baltimore is perfect for leisure or extended stay Baltimore travelers. For your convenience shuttle service to the airport and local businesses is available upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.