“ROOMS WERE NOT READY UNTIL 4 HOURS AFTER CHECK-IN!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Spotsylvania Courthouse, Virginia, United States
“ROOMS WERE NOT READY UNTIL 4 HOURS AFTER CHECK-IN!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

When we arrived to the Hotel at approximately 3:00 p.m. we were told that our room was not cleaned yet! We look around and realized that we were not the only ones waiting. There were roughly 15-20 other people waiting on their rooms as well. at about 4:30 p.m. we spoke with one group that had requested an early check-in online and were still waiting as well. We witnessed another couple whose reservation was completely lost even thought they paid in advance. We decided to take the shuttle service (which was one one the only positives) over to the mall while we waited on our room. We finally received a call that our room was ready at 6:45 p.m. (3 hours and 45 minutes later)! Frank, the front desk attendant was very polite and apologetic during the whole ordeal. When he called to check the status of our room from house keep a VERY RUDE gentleman told him (over the walkie talkie) that he would call him when it was ready and not to call back again. When we eventually were able to go to our room the was an overwhelming smell when we opened the door and our freezer smelled strongly of something like spoiled milk. We asked to speak with a manager and were told that the manager was not in and would not be in until Monday morning. I then called the corporate office and spoke to a woman who was not polite and offered to apologized instead told us it looked like the hotel had a full house the night before and were behind on cleaning the rooms. When I advised her that, that was just unacceptable she said "Ma'am they are cleaning it as fast as they can they were just really busy the prior night" She never offered any compensation or apologies instead told us we needed to speak with the hotel manager on Monday. I asked to speak to her manager who was not in the office as well, so I left a voicemail for her to call me back however, I have not heard a word yet! When we woke up the next morning I decided to check out my online bank account I noticed an additional $50.00 charge had been placed the day before on my account but I was told nothing of this and received to statement of what the fee may have been for! THIS WAS THE WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD! I am a Hilton Honors member and have always stayed at Hilton hotels in the past but I am seriously think of switching over to Marriot after this whole nightmare. I would not feel this way but the lack of caring on the hotel and corporate office has me very upset.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vanessa S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us today to let us know about your experience. I do apologize for the mishaps during your stay with us. I have shared with the staff how we can better handle the situation in the future. I certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Altamonte Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The entire hotel was very clean, Very friendly and helpful staff. Great complimentary full breakfast to include pancake/waffles, bacon/sausage, fruit, etc. Very close to BWI and new Casino Live. Could not be in a better location. I like the option to check in early to guarantee room location.

Room Tip: Lower floor near elevator..
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the positive feedback and please come back and see us again soon.
Bellmawr, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend.

Originally had a one night reservation (Sat-Sun) and called the front desk to ask for a "late check out". Franklin was more than understanding and accomodating. While we were out on the morning of check out, we decided to stay another night. Again, Franklin took care of us and even upgraded our room.

All I can say is WOW. This hotel had the friendliest and most professional staff that I have had the pleasure of dealing with in a long long time.

Even our 2 dogs liked the place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the positive feedback and please come back and see us agin soon.
St. George, Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Spent 3 nights there for a weekend trip. We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was lovely. The beds were very comfortable! Very close and convenient to Arundel Mills Mall and surrounding stores/restaurants. The morning breakfast was good and they also serve a light dinner with drinks 4 nights a week (weekends not included). Great shuttle service. Housekeeping was very clean. One minor issue we had was that we had 5 guest in our reservation, and gratuities were charged for 5 guest but we kept getting only enough towels for 4 guest. We had to go into the hallway and ask one of the staff for an extra towel off the trolley the first day. We thought it was just a one off thing the first night but it was the same daily. We would have left a note for the housekeeper but the room didn't have the usual notepad and pen most accommodation have. Other than that, I will come back to this Hilton again. It was a pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for choosing us among all other hotels when you stay. We look forward to you staying with us again soon.
Lucy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I enjoy my stay at the Homewood Suites and I would advised any one to try it. First the lobby is quiet,spacious,clean and the seating is good. The first staff I met was the front office manager, and she was nice friendly and always willing to help. The room was again clean and that was the first thing that catch my eyes. The complimentary breakfast was great, sorry it was only for two mornings. The shuttle service was good it took us to the mall and we did not had to wait long for it, the driver was very helpful. I am going to come back to this hotel very soon I enjoy it.

Room Tip: The room I was in was always clean, nice and large, big and comfortable bed, the veiw was not the be...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review and please come back and see us again soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Homewood Suites is a great place to stay. The lobby was nice and welcoming. One of my suites had two separate bedrooms and baths. This was perfect for my family. The rooms were clean and spacious. The complimentary breakfast was good. Also, it had a wide selection of food and beverages. Additional, I liked the televisions in every room and the dining area. My family enjoyed the pool and it was clean.

Thank you Homewood Suites.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

i belong to the HHonors and this place was great. Very large and spacious suites. Nice staff and very helpful. I got to the hotel the day before Thanksgiving. When i arrived i missed dinner.( Yes they serve Complimentary meals). Not only did they get us diner but delivered to my room. The two lobbies are very nice too. One for the suites and the other is for the Garden Inn

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much!!! Come back and see us.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!