“Pleasurable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Hanover
New York City, New York
“Pleasurable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

i belong to the HHonors and this place was great. Very large and spacious suites. Nice staff and very helpful. I got to the hotel the day before Thanksgiving. When i arrived i missed dinner.( Yes they serve Complimentary meals). Not only did they get us diner but delivered to my room. The two lobbies are very nice too. One for the suites and the other is for the Garden Inn

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vanessa S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so much!!! Come back and see us.

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Homewood Suites and Hilton Garden Inn share a building but have separate lobbies, elevators and parking lots. The two hotels share an indoor pool with lifeguard, gym and laundry facilities. A free shuttle is provided to BWI airport, Arundel Mills Mall and the casino. Each hotel has their own Business Center with computers and printer.

We had a bit of a problem the first night as our suite shared a wall with the elevators so kept us awake but after speaking with Amber the next morning she assured us she would have another suite ready when we returned in the afternoon and the suite was ready as promised. The second suite was very quiet. We stayed in a two bedroom, two bath suite that was beautiful. Each of the three rooms had its own thermostat, ac/heat unit and TV. One bedroom had a king size bed and bathroom with an extra large shower. The other bedroom had two queen beds and a bathroom with a bathtub. The living area had a couch, table with two chairs, stove top, dishwasher, sink with garbage disposal, microwave, coffee pot, toaster and full size refrigerator. Dishes, cookware, eating utensils and glassware are provided. Since we stayed for a week this setup was great.

For breakfast everyday there are scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage or bacon, potatoes, fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal and assorted breads. And then each day there is a special item such as quiche, crepes, french toast, scrambled eggs with bacon and cheese, scrambled eggs with spinach and mushrooms, etc. Four nights a week (not on weekends) a two hour "Welcome Back Reception" is held that includes beer and wine. One night was lasagna and salad, another night was wings and pirogies, and another night was orange chicken with rice and eggrolls. One of the nights we returned just as they were starting to put the food away. When we walked in the staff stopped and got us carry out containers so that we could get food to take to our room.

The Hilton Garden Inn has a restaurant and bar in their lobby that serves both hotels and offers room service daily. One weekend night we had dinner in the restaurant, the food (try the Annapolis Crab Cakes) and service were excellent. Price was what you would pay at any nice restaurant.

The crowning jewel of this hotel is the staff. Every morning Amber greeted us by name as we got off the elevator. The breakfast and evening meal staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed and always checked to see if we wanted anything else before they started clearing the food. Every staff member that we passed in the hall or lobby greeted us with a smile and friendly word. I know there are cheaper hotels in the area but this one is definitely a great home away from home.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms ending in 28 as it backs up to the elevator
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much! Come back and see us this year!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel is just three years old and one of the nicer places to stay near Ann Arundal , BWI, or Fort Meade.

Rooms have a combined sitting room and kitchen with a separate bedroom. There is a free light breakfast and light evening meal.

No complaints. Well, if I recall, Residence Inn had a better beer on tap. It for free I shouldn't complain.

• Stayed December 2012
We appreciate your review and hope to see you again soon.
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

It's been almost 9 months since our stay at the Homewood Suites in Arundel Mills but I wanted to leave this review and a note of thanks to Michael and all the folks that helped us during a very difficult time. Our stay at the hotel was over a one week period during which we were spending most of our time in the NICU at John's Hopkins attending to our newborn son. He passed away at the end of that week. Michael and the folks at Homewood Suites were so caring and kind during that week...they left flowers for us in our room and gifts for our other children. Michael also arranged a very generous discount for us on the three rooms we were staying in during that week. The employees at the hotel were always very accommodating to us and always very sensitive to our situation. Bottom line....these are good people. In a time when we were hurting as a family these folks went the extra mile for us and showed us a great deal of kindness. I think that is very commendable and I think we could use more of that kind of personal, human connection in customer service these days.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much. Come back in 2013!
Beautiful Bucks County, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in October 2012. The people at the desk are very nice, but there were housekeeping issues at this hotel. We had reserved a smoking room. There were no ashtrays in the room. We called the desk, and received an ashtray about an hour later. When we went to the pool there were no towels. The "lifeguard" said that they had been waiting at least an hour for towels. This is insane. The next day we went out, when we came back we wanted to make coffee. Housekeeping did not replace the coffee in the room, after three visits to the desk, we received packets of coffee an hour and a half after our original request.
On check out day, housekeeping knocked on our door by 9 AM to see if we were there. That again is insane. I was barely out of bed, and definitely still in the room.
I emailed the hotel manager Michael Harold on 10/14/12. I advised of all the issues, he responded that he would get back to me. Of course he never did.
Other notes, the breakfast was awful. The rooms were smaller than at two other Homewood Suites we frequent. I did like the shower though.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with our award winning Homewood Suites by Hilton hotel. It is our upmost obligation to all of our guests to ensure that every stay at out hotel is enjoyable. I understand we may have fell short of your expectations, but I am also very confidant that my team here responded to your needs when you brought something to our attention. As far as getting a response from hotel management, there is no record of an email being sent to my attention. My response time to any guest is the same day, even if it is on a weekend, that is how dedicated I am to overall guest satisfaction. In the event you would like to provide us with another opportunity to serve you better, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, michael.harold@hilton.com or (443)577-2970 direct, and I will personally ensure that your next stay with us is something worth noting on trip advisor. Have a wonderful holiday season.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel is very close to BWI airport and Arundel Mills mall with plenty of restaurants surrounding. We stayed in the two bedroom suite (one king, two Queens) for a few nights. The room was huge, very clean, and was whisper quiet at night. The hotel breakfast was a nice variety of hot and cold items and if you wanted something different there is a Denny's across the street from the hotel. You get a complimentary USA Today paper daily but they leave them by the elevators so we had to do some searching the first morning.The only complaint was the WIFI was slow at times and kept disconnecting (we were on the 10th floor) other than that I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you so much for recently staying at the Homewood Suites Baltimore - Arundel Mills. We take great pride in offering 100% guest satisfaction and to gain guest loyalty. It brings joy to us that you will return to our hotel. It is our upmost duty to ensure that when you leave here, you will tell everyone great things about us. The items you mentioned, we will be certain to address. We have added bandwidth to our internet speed as well. We always welcome this type of feecback, as it assists us in making improvements. Staf safe over the holidays. See you soon we hope.

asf1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel is great. Let me state that first and foremost. My GPS put me a block away, but when I saw the tall building splashed in lights, I knew where I needed to go. Damn Garmin! One side of the building is Homewood Suites, the other side is Garden Inn. Sorry, but at night I could not tell which side of the building housed which hotel. I unfortunately chose the Garden Inn side. BUT the front desk person was terrific. He had another associate bring me to the Homewood Suites side. THIS IS CUSTOMER SERVICE BABY! Check in was fast.

The room was immaculate, and large. And as a lover of coooool rooms, I was able to lower the thermostat to about 65 degrees. Yeah, even in October. I hate to admit it, I got so cold I had to raise the temp. Having stayed at many Hilton proerties, this is only the 2nd time (first was at Embassy Suites Biltmore in Phoenix) the thermostat allowed me to get the temp so low. Thanks Homewood!

Now, the food was something else. I had eggs for breakfast - but you could tell they were powdered. Yes, there were great alternatives - waffles, hot and cold cereal... but I just wanted some decent eggs. But the eating area was large, quiet, and service there was excellent.

Arundel Mills is about half an hour outside of DC - great location - and they have a great mall nearby. But this hotel was super...

Room Tip: I always stay away from the elevator bank...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review. We are working with the State of Maryland to improve our visibility from the road, and also additional highway signage. You have some great recommendations. We also have parking lot signage to assist guests on which side to go on.
Again, thank you for this feedback, and we hope to see you again. God Bless,

Michael Harold

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!