“Not a good Homewood Suites. Stay somewhere else!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Maryland Live Casino Deal
Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Beautiful Bucks County, PA
“Not a good Homewood Suites. Stay somewhere else!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in October 2012. The people at the desk are very nice, but there were housekeeping issues at this hotel. We had reserved a smoking room. There were no ashtrays in the room. We called the desk, and received an ashtray about an hour later. When we went to the pool there were no towels. The "lifeguard" said that they had been waiting at least an hour for towels. This is insane. The next day we went out, when we came back we wanted to make coffee. Housekeeping did not replace the coffee in the room, after three visits to the desk, we received packets of coffee an hour and a half after our original request.
On check out day, housekeeping knocked on our door by 9 AM to see if we were there. That again is insane. I was barely out of bed, and definitely still in the room.
I emailed the hotel manager Michael Harold on 10/14/12. I advised of all the issues, he responded that he would get back to me. Of course he never did.
Other notes, the breakfast was awful. The rooms were smaller than at two other Homewood Suites we frequent. I did like the shower though.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with our award winning Homewood Suites by Hilton hotel. It is our upmost obligation to all of our guests to ensure that every stay at out hotel is enjoyable. I understand we may have fell short of your expectations, but I am also very confidant that my team here responded to your needs when you brought something to our attention. As far as getting a response from hotel management, there is no record of an email being sent to my attention. My response time to any guest is the same day, even if it is on a weekend, that is how dedicated I am to overall guest satisfaction. In the event you would like to provide us with another opportunity to serve you better, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, michael.harold@hilton.com or (443)577-2970 direct, and I will personally ensure that your next stay with us is something worth noting on trip advisor. Have a wonderful holiday season.

214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel is very close to BWI airport and Arundel Mills mall with plenty of restaurants surrounding. We stayed in the two bedroom suite (one king, two Queens) for a few nights. The room was huge, very clean, and was whisper quiet at night. The hotel breakfast was a nice variety of hot and cold items and if you wanted something different there is a Denny's across the street from the hotel. You get a complimentary USA Today paper daily but they leave them by the elevators so we had to do some searching the first morning.The only complaint was the WIFI was slow at times and kept disconnecting (we were on the 10th floor) other than that I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you so much for recently staying at the Homewood Suites Baltimore - Arundel Mills. We take great pride in offering 100% guest satisfaction and to gain guest loyalty. It brings joy to us that you will return to our hotel. It is our upmost duty to ensure that when you leave here, you will tell everyone great things about us. The items you mentioned, we will be certain to address. We have added bandwidth to our internet speed as well. We always welcome this type of feecback, as it assists us in making improvements. Staf safe over the holidays. See you soon we hope.

asf1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel is great. Let me state that first and foremost. My GPS put me a block away, but when I saw the tall building splashed in lights, I knew where I needed to go. Damn Garmin! One side of the building is Homewood Suites, the other side is Garden Inn. Sorry, but at night I could not tell which side of the building housed which hotel. I unfortunately chose the Garden Inn side. BUT the front desk person was terrific. He had another associate bring me to the Homewood Suites side. THIS IS CUSTOMER SERVICE BABY! Check in was fast.

The room was immaculate, and large. And as a lover of coooool rooms, I was able to lower the thermostat to about 65 degrees. Yeah, even in October. I hate to admit it, I got so cold I had to raise the temp. Having stayed at many Hilton proerties, this is only the 2nd time (first was at Embassy Suites Biltmore in Phoenix) the thermostat allowed me to get the temp so low. Thanks Homewood!

Now, the food was something else. I had eggs for breakfast - but you could tell they were powdered. Yes, there were great alternatives - waffles, hot and cold cereal... but I just wanted some decent eggs. But the eating area was large, quiet, and service there was excellent.

Arundel Mills is about half an hour outside of DC - great location - and they have a great mall nearby. But this hotel was super...

Room Tip: I always stay away from the elevator bank...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review. We are working with the State of Maryland to improve our visibility from the road, and also additional highway signage. You have some great recommendations. We also have parking lot signage to assist guests on which side to go on.
Again, thank you for this feedback, and we hope to see you again. God Bless,

Eastport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Michael and your Wonderful Staff....first thank you very much for the wonderful stay my family and I have experienced at our home away from home. My family was home from overseas and I got to stay with them at your home (Homewood Suites) for a week (this was not our first stay) Last year and this year was such a pleasant experience...the staff and your dining personnel were always so friendly and enjoyable....I bonded with the girls in the kitchen like they were my own family....It's not easy having a 2 year old (I think you know who I mean) but everyone was so patient with Little Man as I chased him through the lobby...Thank you so much and keep up the great service..God bless and have a wonderful upcoming holiday

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor, end unit and it was great because we had a 2 yr. old and no one (I hope) c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your hotel travel needs. It always brings great pleasure to us to hear great feedback to our hotel. We look forward to haiving you back, take care and have a wonderful thanksgiving.

Sincerrly,

Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We arrive at midnight, and the hostess greeted us w/a smile. I told her that my husband makes me check the room before moving in (due to previous bad experiences), and she said "let me know if you have any concerns". I love it! I went to the 10th floor in a super fast elevator, and stepped out onto plush, upgraded carpeting. When I got to my suite I was pleasantly surprised at the nice, spacious room. The website didn't do it justice, and I hadn't stayed at a Homewood Suites in years.
The excellent:
The service! The front desk staff was helpful, friendly, and hospitable during our entire stay. The breakfast hostess found a box for me so that I could take some breakfast up to my snoozing husband with a friendly smile.
Parts of the room: The suites is a good size: There is a separate kitchen w/ a full-sized refrigerator, dishwasher, sink, microwave & 2-burner stove. There are dishes and silverware in the drawers, and even microwave dishes in the microwave.
There is a FULL SIZE shower and closet (with a safe) in the bathroom, and there are Bath & Body Works shampoo, conditioner and Lotion! There is also a ceiling fan over the very comfortable bed. Our room had a beautiful view, and the surroundings were great.
The location: Just 1/2 mile from a very large mall, complete with a NONSMOKING CASINO!!!
The mediocre:
The free breakfast. It was standard fare (for the most part), like you'd find in Hampton Inns. There were upgraded dishes (like a quiche one day) and a spinach/egg scramble another, but when you come down later, it's gone and they don't replace it. And, one day there was no meat, while the second day there was a tasteless sausage. A good microwave bacon would have been greatly appreciated.
The strange:
The only place to hang your towels in the bathroom is inside the shower, which makes them a little moist for reuse. As large as the bathroom is, there could easily be a shelf placed outside the shower. There is a towel (or robe) hanger on the door, but room for only one.
The blow-dryer is hanging in a bag on the bathroom door (taking up some towel space). It would be much more economical to provide hooks on the wall in the bathroom, and place the blowdryer there. It felt like a waste of space.
Overall, it was a great value w/ a beautiful location. As previous contributors mentioned, it was a little tricky to find the entrance to, but if you know what to look for, you will find it easily. I would definitely return!

Room Tip: I wouldn't hesitate to stay on a high floor, as the elevator is VERY speedy!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
WOW!!! Thank you thank you thank you - your feedback is extremely welcoming to hear and see. Your attention to detail to the quality of service that we provide is very much appreciated. We love that guests care just as much as we do about hotel, and we are motivated by your enthusiasm as well. Homewood Suites hotels offer a home away from aay experience. As an award winning hotel, we strive on delivering only the best service, and with a smile. If we fail to ever meet your expectations, we are quick to ensure guest satisfaction - as you are a priority to us. Again, thank you for this great feedback, and know that it will truly go a long way. Have a wonderful October, and safe and enjoyable holiday season coming up. We hope to have you back soon.

Best Regards -

Michale Harold
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

While the entrance to the property is a bit tricky, it's absolutely worth it!!!! As you're driving along New Ridge Road, the sign you can see on the building is for "Garden Inn by Hilton", but turn in there and you'll be glad you did. Go around to the back side of the building for the entrance. Interestingly, the building houses both hotels, with the Garden Inn having the first and third through sixth floors and the Homewood Suites being the second and seventh through eleventh floors. That was the first time I've seen anything like that before!

I stayed for a few days and every single member of the staff was helpful and courteous. The room was very spacious and had a big shower. The bed was extremely comfortable and there was a full kitchen to use.

I knew about the free breakfast, but was really surprised that there was complimentary dinner Monday through Thursday that was really good!

I'm a convert to Homewood Suites if they're all this good.

Room Tip: When checking in, I mentioned that I wanted a strong internet signal and they moved my room. If tha...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback. It is with great pleasure to serve you while you were in the area. Your feedback will allow us to show other guests travelling to the area, that we are all about customer service and satisfaction. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team, as it is wonderful to hear how great we are doing. Make it a great day on purpose - see you soon. Thank you for your business.

Hanover, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed for almost 90 days at this hotel and can reasonably be called experts on the property. The beds are very comfortable and the hotel is quiet. You can get a reasonable dinner M-Th as well as breakfast every Day. The general manager, Michael Harold, was exceptionally attentive to our needs and input and provided outstanding customer service. By far the best front desk person is Phillip Slade. Hilton could use him at the Waldorf Astoria brand as a trainer. He greets you with a genuine hospitality that is not common and that is particularily appreciated when you come in from your travels. Great location near shopping, BWI and casino.

Room Tip: Top floor on either end provides the quietest rest.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your 3 month stay with us. It is vital to our operation that we hear the pro's and con's. This allows us to equip our team with the proper tools to do their jobs effectively. It brings me great joy that many members of our team made your stay a pleasant one, to include Phillip. It is our goal to deliver service so memorable that guests will tell stories about us. We look forward to having you stay with us again, and hear all the wonderful stories you will have for us. It was our sincere pleasure to serve your family, and we hope to meet again one day soon.

From our home to yours - thank you for your business and loyalty to the Hilton brand.

Michael Harold

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!