“Really spacious, nice hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Maryland Live Casino Deal
Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Chandler, Arizona
“Really spacious, nice hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We arrive at midnight, and the hostess greeted us w/a smile. I told her that my husband makes me check the room before moving in (due to previous bad experiences), and she said "let me know if you have any concerns". I love it! I went to the 10th floor in a super fast elevator, and stepped out onto plush, upgraded carpeting. When I got to my suite I was pleasantly surprised at the nice, spacious room. The website didn't do it justice, and I hadn't stayed at a Homewood Suites in years.
The excellent:
The service! The front desk staff was helpful, friendly, and hospitable during our entire stay. The breakfast hostess found a box for me so that I could take some breakfast up to my snoozing husband with a friendly smile.
Parts of the room: The suites is a good size: There is a separate kitchen w/ a full-sized refrigerator, dishwasher, sink, microwave & 2-burner stove. There are dishes and silverware in the drawers, and even microwave dishes in the microwave.
There is a FULL SIZE shower and closet (with a safe) in the bathroom, and there are Bath & Body Works shampoo, conditioner and Lotion! There is also a ceiling fan over the very comfortable bed. Our room had a beautiful view, and the surroundings were great.
The location: Just 1/2 mile from a very large mall, complete with a NONSMOKING CASINO!!!
The mediocre:
The free breakfast. It was standard fare (for the most part), like you'd find in Hampton Inns. There were upgraded dishes (like a quiche one day) and a spinach/egg scramble another, but when you come down later, it's gone and they don't replace it. And, one day there was no meat, while the second day there was a tasteless sausage. A good microwave bacon would have been greatly appreciated.
The strange:
The only place to hang your towels in the bathroom is inside the shower, which makes them a little moist for reuse. As large as the bathroom is, there could easily be a shelf placed outside the shower. There is a towel (or robe) hanger on the door, but room for only one.
The blow-dryer is hanging in a bag on the bathroom door (taking up some towel space). It would be much more economical to provide hooks on the wall in the bathroom, and place the blowdryer there. It felt like a waste of space.
Overall, it was a great value w/ a beautiful location. As previous contributors mentioned, it was a little tricky to find the entrance to, but if you know what to look for, you will find it easily. I would definitely return!

Room Tip: I wouldn't hesitate to stay on a high floor, as the elevator is VERY speedy!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
WOW!!! Thank you thank you thank you - your feedback is extremely welcoming to hear and see. Your attention to detail to the quality of service that we provide is very much appreciated. We love that guests care just as much as we do about hotel, and we are motivated by your enthusiasm as well. Homewood Suites hotels offer a home away from aay experience. As an award winning hotel, we strive on delivering only the best service, and with a smile. If we fail to ever meet your expectations, we are quick to ensure guest satisfaction - as you are a priority to us. Again, thank you for this great feedback, and know that it will truly go a long way. Have a wonderful October, and safe and enjoyable holiday season coming up. We hope to have you back soon.

Best Regards -

Michale Harold

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

While the entrance to the property is a bit tricky, it's absolutely worth it!!!! As you're driving along New Ridge Road, the sign you can see on the building is for "Garden Inn by Hilton", but turn in there and you'll be glad you did. Go around to the back side of the building for the entrance. Interestingly, the building houses both hotels, with the Garden Inn having the first and third through sixth floors and the Homewood Suites being the second and seventh through eleventh floors. That was the first time I've seen anything like that before!

I stayed for a few days and every single member of the staff was helpful and courteous. The room was very spacious and had a big shower. The bed was extremely comfortable and there was a full kitchen to use.

I knew about the free breakfast, but was really surprised that there was complimentary dinner Monday through Thursday that was really good!

I'm a convert to Homewood Suites if they're all this good.

Room Tip: When checking in, I mentioned that I wanted a strong internet signal and they moved my room. If tha...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback. It is with great pleasure to serve you while you were in the area. Your feedback will allow us to show other guests travelling to the area, that we are all about customer service and satisfaction. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team, as it is wonderful to hear how great we are doing. Make it a great day on purpose - see you soon. Thank you for your business.

Best Regards,

Hanover, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed for almost 90 days at this hotel and can reasonably be called experts on the property. The beds are very comfortable and the hotel is quiet. You can get a reasonable dinner M-Th as well as breakfast every Day. The general manager, Michael Harold, was exceptionally attentive to our needs and input and provided outstanding customer service. By far the best front desk person is Phillip Slade. Hilton could use him at the Waldorf Astoria brand as a trainer. He greets you with a genuine hospitality that is not common and that is particularily appreciated when you come in from your travels. Great location near shopping, BWI and casino.

Room Tip: Top floor on either end provides the quietest rest.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your 3 month stay with us. It is vital to our operation that we hear the pro's and con's. This allows us to equip our team with the proper tools to do their jobs effectively. It brings me great joy that many members of our team made your stay a pleasant one, to include Phillip. It is our goal to deliver service so memorable that guests will tell stories about us. We look forward to having you stay with us again, and hear all the wonderful stories you will have for us. It was our sincere pleasure to serve your family, and we hope to meet again one day soon.

From our home to yours - thank you for your business and loyalty to the Hilton brand.

Best Regards,

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I came here for a long stay, and enjoyed the hospitality and service to the fullest. I have been to many hotels as a military member, and by far this is an excellent and convenient hotel to stay in. You are close to many great places and plenty of dining to choose from. I am always greeted and I love the complimentary breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Michael H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my team has made your stay memorable. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon. Thank you for your dedicated service to the Armed Services!!!

Sincerely and Semper Fi!

Homewood Suites Baltimore-Arundel Mills
Vicenza, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Having stayed at multiple Hilton properties, and multiple Homewood Suites, the Arundel Mills Homewood Suites is by far the all around best. The rooms are modern, with the most comfortable king bed I have found. The giant shower was also nice. The full kitchen helped make it a convenient stay when not eating the free meals downstairs during the week...and when the microwave and dishwasher went out, they were replaced within minutes. The only exception was the night of a federal holiday, and the hotel provided Hilton points as an apology for not having their full maintenance team present then...problem fixed first thing next morning.

Breakfast - superb. When the worst complaint is that you can only make your own waffles on weekdays, life is good. Loved the quiches, huevos rancheros, and other creative dishes to go along with the standard fruit/cereal/yogurt/meat/eggs/waffle or french toast choices.

Did I forget to mention the free wine & beer at dinner?

Service - always friendly, prompt, and courteous. Special kudos to Philip, who seemed to work 24/7, but always had a smile and great attitude.

Room Tip: Two room suites work better for climate control, because they have two AC units, not one.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my team. Phillip is majoring in hospitality management, and he is looking forward to establishing great relationships with all of our guests. We look forward to your safe return.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed here on business for a few nights and was upgraded to a 2 Bedroom suite which was amazing. The room was well kept and clean and this hotel is in a great location and close to many places to eat. (Arundel Mills)

The building is split with a Hilton Garden Inn so it is a little confusing when checking in as you have to drive around back but it is also conveienent being able to walk over to the Hilton Garden Inn bar and grab a drink.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We are exultant that you really liked our hotel and our spacious 2 bedroom 2 bathrooms suites. We love to upgrade our guests when the inventory allows it. It is another way to say thank you for your business and loyalty. Please come back soon and see us.

Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel was very nice. The front desk attendant was not so nice. We made our reservations, for 2 rooms, late on 08/31/12. We did not expect to check in at 4:00 in the morning. I called the attendant, to explain. I asked if it was possible to change the reservation to begin on 9/01/12. She was very abrupt and rude, on the phone and once I arrived, with her response of no. Also, informing me that we would be charged whether or not we kept the reservation. She did, however, give me a late check-out of 1:00 instead of 12:00, only after I requested it. I have no problem with the rules. I do have a problem with the way the message was delivered. I thought of paying for another day, because we needed the rest, but not after her service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit. When you made your request the hotel secured your rooms for a late arrival. We understand that circumstances arise that may prevent you from checking in earlier than later. In order to check in at 4:00 a.m., the associate was correct in advising you that you would still be charged. Had she resold your rooms, and you arrived at 4:00 a.m., you would not have been able to check in; thus why we secured your rooms for a late arrival.

At check in, she was unable to secure your form of payment for the amount needed for your guestrooms. We were only able to secure 1 night room and tax versus the 2 nights needed. I apologize if you feel the delivery of the communication was abrupt and rude, but she followed proper procedures in communicating our policies to you.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to demonstrate the high level of service that our guests have come to expect.

Homewood Suites Baltimore - Arundel Mills

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!