“Great value and location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Maryland Live Casino Deal
Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Hanover, Maryland
“Great value and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed for almost 90 days at this hotel and can reasonably be called experts on the property. The beds are very comfortable and the hotel is quiet. You can get a reasonable dinner M-Th as well as breakfast every Day. The general manager, Michael Harold, was exceptionally attentive to our needs and input and provided outstanding customer service. By far the best front desk person is Phillip Slade. Hilton could use him at the Waldorf Astoria brand as a trainer. He greets you with a genuine hospitality that is not common and that is particularily appreciated when you come in from your travels. Great location near shopping, BWI and casino.

Room Tip: Top floor on either end provides the quietest rest.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your 3 month stay with us. It is vital to our operation that we hear the pro's and con's. This allows us to equip our team with the proper tools to do their jobs effectively. It brings me great joy that many members of our team made your stay a pleasant one, to include Phillip. It is our goal to deliver service so memorable that guests will tell stories about us. We look forward to having you stay with us again, and hear all the wonderful stories you will have for us. It was our sincere pleasure to serve your family, and we hope to meet again one day soon.

From our home to yours - thank you for your business and loyalty to the Hilton brand.

Best Regards,

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I came here for a long stay, and enjoyed the hospitality and service to the fullest. I have been to many hotels as a military member, and by far this is an excellent and convenient hotel to stay in. You are close to many great places and plenty of dining to choose from. I am always greeted and I love the complimentary breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Michael H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my team has made your stay memorable. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon. Thank you for your dedicated service to the Armed Services!!!

Sincerely and Semper Fi!

Homewood Suites Baltimore-Arundel Mills
Vicenza, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Having stayed at multiple Hilton properties, and multiple Homewood Suites, the Arundel Mills Homewood Suites is by far the all around best. The rooms are modern, with the most comfortable king bed I have found. The giant shower was also nice. The full kitchen helped make it a convenient stay when not eating the free meals downstairs during the week...and when the microwave and dishwasher went out, they were replaced within minutes. The only exception was the night of a federal holiday, and the hotel provided Hilton points as an apology for not having their full maintenance team present then...problem fixed first thing next morning.

Breakfast - superb. When the worst complaint is that you can only make your own waffles on weekdays, life is good. Loved the quiches, huevos rancheros, and other creative dishes to go along with the standard fruit/cereal/yogurt/meat/eggs/waffle or french toast choices.

Did I forget to mention the free wine & beer at dinner?

Service - always friendly, prompt, and courteous. Special kudos to Philip, who seemed to work 24/7, but always had a smile and great attitude.

Room Tip: Two room suites work better for climate control, because they have two AC units, not one.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my team. Phillip is majoring in hospitality management, and he is looking forward to establishing great relationships with all of our guests. We look forward to your safe return.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed here on business for a few nights and was upgraded to a 2 Bedroom suite which was amazing. The room was well kept and clean and this hotel is in a great location and close to many places to eat. (Arundel Mills)

The building is split with a Hilton Garden Inn so it is a little confusing when checking in as you have to drive around back but it is also conveienent being able to walk over to the Hilton Garden Inn bar and grab a drink.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. This really means a lot to me as well as my staff. We are exultant that you really liked our hotel and our spacious 2 bedroom 2 bathrooms suites. We love to upgrade our guests when the inventory allows it. It is another way to say thank you for your business and loyalty. Please come back soon and see us.

Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel was very nice. The front desk attendant was not so nice. We made our reservations, for 2 rooms, late on 08/31/12. We did not expect to check in at 4:00 in the morning. I called the attendant, to explain. I asked if it was possible to change the reservation to begin on 9/01/12. She was very abrupt and rude, on the phone and once I arrived, with her response of no. Also, informing me that we would be charged whether or not we kept the reservation. She did, however, give me a late check-out of 1:00 instead of 12:00, only after I requested it. I have no problem with the rules. I do have a problem with the way the message was delivered. I thought of paying for another day, because we needed the rest, but not after her service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit. When you made your request the hotel secured your rooms for a late arrival. We understand that circumstances arise that may prevent you from checking in earlier than later. In order to check in at 4:00 a.m., the associate was correct in advising you that you would still be charged. Had she resold your rooms, and you arrived at 4:00 a.m., you would not have been able to check in; thus why we secured your rooms for a late arrival.

At check in, she was unable to secure your form of payment for the amount needed for your guestrooms. We were only able to secure 1 night room and tax versus the 2 nights needed. I apologize if you feel the delivery of the communication was abrupt and rude, but she followed proper procedures in communicating our policies to you.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to demonstrate the high level of service that our guests have come to expect.

Newark, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during Labor Day Weekend. My vacation was ruined. Spent 6 hours in the Emergency Room. Bed bugs had a feast off of my body. Hotel management and staff were so rude it was unbelievable that this was happening to me. I once pride myself as being a loyal Hilton customer. After the bed bug outbreak, while I was at the Emergency Room being treated, management removed my belongings without my permission or supervision. Management did not allow me the opportunity to pack my clothes.The carpet in the hallway was filthy no wonder this place has bed bugs. The staff is rude. I initially made reservations for a room with two queen size beds as I was traveling with a relative. Management removed my belongings to a room with one bed, placed a blanket and two pillows on the couch as if I would sleep on the couch. When I complained, I was moved to yet another dirty room whereby I encountered a dirty microwave, toaster and coffee maker. Management assured me that the microwave, toaster and coffee maker would be cleaned, they remained dirty. Management should have inspected every inch of those rooms before placing me in another dirty room. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The doctors say it takes up to two weeks before the bed bug bites heal on my body. They itch all over!!!! I am emotionally scarred and traumatized by this experience. CAVEAT EMPTOR! BUYERS BEWARE !!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. The purpose of this response is to convey to you our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you and your family experienced recently. Multiple industries are faced with this type of incident, and unfortunately for us, it happened to our "Award Winning Hilton hotel." We can assure you and all of our guests travelling to our hotel, that this was in fact an isolated incident. When it was brought to our attention, we reacted immediately to address your concerns. We will continue to provide the high level of customer service and guest satisfaction that we have provided to all of guests. As you can see below, other travelers have nothing but great things to say about their experience here; which again goes to show this was an isolated and very unfortunate situation. I am proud of my staff for their quick response and happy to see that we were able to offer you our 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee. The pictures you provided are appreciated! We will use to educate our associates, to ensure this does not happen again.

Thank you again for your feedback! We apologize again for the issues that you encountered and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

San Marcos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Moving to West Coast- stayed here while packing up home. The staff and service provided were excellent, complimentary breakfast daily and dinner Mon-Thurs helped the budget. Breakfast on weekend could use a little upgrade. Room was comfortable and very clean! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are very quiet...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Homewood Suites Baltimore - Arundel Mills

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!