“Chic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 13 hotels in Hanover
boston, ma
“Chic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

This hotel is beautiful, modern, and comfortable. All the details have been organized to ensure that families and business travelers have a comfortable stay. The bathrooms are spacious, and the rain showers are just marvelous. The stainless kitchen with the small sitting area is great for families on a budget or people on a special diet.

Breakfast was good: fresh fruits, breakfast burritos, cereal, yogurt, and hot drinks; the coffee bar in the lobby was a plus as well.

The only concern with this hotel, is that it is at a 25 minute drive from Baltimore, so if you are on a tourist visit, it is impossible to walk to town, or feel Baltimore's character, but if you need to be in the area for a business meeting, or a particular event in the area such as: a wedding, or a graduation, this is the hotel to be.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Macon, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

This place was absolutely fantastic. Extremely nice rooms with plenty room to spread out. Very large walk in shower. Lots of closet space and more drawer space than you could ever need. Great location with the Arundel Mall within walking distance. If you prefer not to walk, they will furnish a shuttle ride to the mall or several other restaurants that are close by. You may not need to go out to eat since they have some really good snacks and drinks in the afternoon. Don't miss the free breakfast either, there is a good selection from fruit to cereal to hot breakfast sandwiches. I spoke with 4 different employees during my one night stay and everyone of them were extremely friendly and very helpful in answering my questions. If you like the quiet bar scene there is a nice one in "The Loft" which is another motel that is connected to the Element. Check in and check out couldn't get any easier. This was my first stay at an "Element" but it definitely won't be the last. I am returning in early June for a few days along with two of my co-workers and have already made our reservations.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
elementgm, General Manager at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 28, 2010
Thank you so much for your review and all of your many compliments. It is always a pleasure to hear from a satisfied guest. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our entire staff here and tell them to keep up the good work. We can't wait for you to come back and be your home away from home! Thank you again and see you soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

Element was great. I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. The front desk staff were great as was the shuttle drivers.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Plainfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

This hotel was the best hotel I ever stayed in. Everything was clean!! You know how you stay in hotels and they don't really clean the microwaves, coffee pot or refrigator,this place was spotless...The bed was perfect and I honestly didn't want to leave. They didn't have a bathtub, but my son had a ball in the shower that was huge! It was across the street from a mall and their is a food store near by too..

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

After a 6 hour flight, I just want to shower and get a power nap. When checking in, they said the room wasn't ready til 3pm, it was 1pm. But after looking in the system there were plenty of rooms. They checked us in for a party of 4 in a king size studio. I knew I reserved a room for 4 and I selected a king size, pull out, and full kitchenette. So, I was looking forward to this. Then we walked in the room and was amazed to see "ONE" king size bed! I showed them what I booked online and they informed me that the online information was incorrect. So, fortunately they were able put me in a room to fit 4 and I didn't have to wait til 3pm. Breakfast ... they didn't have a variety of breakfast items to choose from and the coffee was very weak, if you like strong coffee. I had to go to Starbucks. The pool was not as big or as nice as it looked on line... we were disappointed! Poor life guard was bein very tolerant of the kids that were there! The place was clean but not to my expectations. The bath towels, sugar, and creamers were not replaced. The TV guide in the room is outdated. The internet was sporadic! The mall was but is not exactly across the street .... to get there, you had to go down the street, make a right, left, and down another street. The mall was big but the stores weren't great. Annapolis Mall was much better! Which was about 20 minutes away...not far. I thought the staff was very nice! I recommend this place to the single people but not for a family.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
elementgm, General Manager at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 26, 2010
Thank you for review of our Hotel it is very important to get this feedback so we can deliver a great product for all our guests. We have been working very hard to address several of the issues you brought up in your review. We have been working with our internet provider over the past 2 months and have made an enormous amount of progress as far as our consistent connectivity is concerned. Guests are now able to get connected and stay connected much easier than than before. We are working to make sure that are guests can always get online and have thier fair share of the bandwith. We have also since updated our online information with the correct information so that thier won't be as much confusion with booking certain room types. As far as a breakfast selection we are constantly evaluating what we offer and have and will continue to use the feedback from our guests to better serve everyone. Thank you again for your comments they are greatly valued.
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

Very disappointing stay at the Element. The facility is very modern, new and in good condition. However we had a problem getting into our prepaid room.
We arrived and went to check in on Saturday just before 3:00 pm. We had prepaid for a room with two Queen beds. We were told that no rooms with Queen beds were clean.
We were told that the room would not be ready for another 3 or 4 hours. Our luggage was stored at the hotel.
We returned 4 hours later and were told that there were no Queen bed rooms at all. The manager, Dorothy, who had just come on duty stated that the Queen rooms had been oversold and that there had been no rooms available since the morning. When we told her that we had been in at three and were told to return she indicated that she had no idea why someone had told us that as there had been no double queen rooms available.
Unfortunately all they had was one King bed with a pull out sofa. One member of our party took the pull out sofa but did not get much sleep as it was very uncomfortable.
I requested a comment form and was told there were none. I left a message for the day manager. We did not hear anything from him.
I would not recommend this hotel if you want to actually get the room you paid for or if you want to be able to get into a room at all before the evening hours. Terribly unprofessional. We won't be back.
Other issues. The floors in the shower have been painted and are very slippery. ( a real problem if you had a senior with you.) There are no bathtubs ( a problem if you have children.)
The rooms are well set up with the kitchenettes. But you may not have any need for the kitchen if you can't get in your room.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Element I am so very sorry for the issues you encountered during your check in process and your stay as a whole. I have brought all these issues to the attention of our management team. We are working tirelessly to ensure these issues don't affect guests now or in the future. Again I am so sorry that you had an unpleasant expereince and hope one day you will give us another oppurtunity to serve your needs.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

Sisters Only Weekend, no children, no husbands, no parents! The hotel had everything, the staff was great, friendly, & helpful. There was a shuttle available so that you could leave your cars and take the subway into Baltimore and the shuttle would pick you up on the return. Had dishwasher, stove, fridge, and it's all GREEN, Earth Friendly.

Stayed September 2009

Been to Element Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!