I stayed at this hotel with 39 elementary students and 20 other adults. We were touring Washington D.C. for 4 days/3 nights. We had reservations at another hotel in Virginia, but it was seedy (bad area)so we were moved within an hour to this one! What a difference! I don't think that this hotel had even been open a full week, but they were very nice and accommodating-if something was wrong they went out of their way to try to get the problem solved quickly. The hotel is decorated in a trendy, clean, modern style. The pictures of the hotel that are on this site are exactly how it looks on the inside.
The rooms are very clean and very nice. When we came back from touring D.C. our rooms were very clean and everything in order. Good housekeeping service- they were never visible. Beds are soft(plush) and comfortable. Bathrooms were nice and spacious. Nice Flat Screen Television in each room. There is a kitchen in each room with a refrigerator, washing machine, microwave, etc. THE ONLY THING THAT I WOULD SUGGEST TO THE MANAGER/STAFF- Put the mirror that you have hanging on the inside of the door of the bathroom on the outside. All of the mirrors are in the bathroom so it is difficult to put on makeup, curl hair, etc... if you have to wait on someone to come out of the bathroom.
Breakfast in the morning consisted of various muffins, cereals, bagels, juices, milk, and if I am not mistaken pancakes on one of the mornings, etc.
They have a small business area with 2 or 3 computers for you to use and there is a small business room.
They are located about 25-30 minutes outside of D.C. but the drive was not bad. They have a mall located less than two blocks from them and plenty of eateries within the mall(Chili's, etc.) and around the mall(Golden Corale, TGI Friday, Medieval Times etc.). They also have a FREE shuttle service that will take you to the mall (as well as other businesses close by) and pick you up.
Nice Size Exercise room, Swimming pool, Laundry room(if you need this), and a beautiful lounge area on the other side of the hotel where you could play pool, have a drink, etc..
Great place to stay if you are looking for a hotel outside of D.C.!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Element is Starwood's premiere extended stay hotel brand. Element Arundel Mills is located next to Arundel Mills Mall, minutes from BWI Airport & just a short drive into Baltimore and Washington DC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Element Arundel Mills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Element By Westin Arundel Mills Hotel Hanover
- Element Hotel Arundel Mills