“Russian Rehab Center” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Russian Rehab Center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The Lobby is fresh and clean and beautiful. The staff is equally as hospitable as the Lobby is inviting. The van driver was especially friendly.

Once you get to the guest room floors....I found the place to feel dark, sterile and uninviting. No padding under the carpet in the hallways. The room while large and spacous with new everything...it was dorm-like and very utilitarian. There was only one piece of artwork between the bedroom, living area and bathroom. Very blah, blah, blah. No pizzazz at all -- very hum, drum. I take that back -- the shower/bathroom area was very snazzy with a large square shower-head and smaller handheld showerhead. The bed, linens, towels and soaps the highest of quality. The bed was a Heavenly Westin bed -- very nice!

The place overall has a communist-era Russian feel where everything is just boxy with clean straight lines. Am I in college? Am I in jail? <I kept asking myself.> I finally settled on the idea that I was in a Russian Rehab Center!

BENEFITS: Shuttle service, free parking, hot breakfast, great shower, new fresh hotel, clean, nice lobby bar at the adjoining Aloft Hotel, SUPER GREEN HOTEL.

DRAWBACKS: Drab and dreary dorm-like guest room, prisonlike hallways leading to guest rooms, very utilitarian appearances, no tub.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank outpulsed

Pennsauken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stay in hotels for 60 nights a year. I finially found a hotel chain that offers clean, affordable rooms with exceptional customer service.
JoJo at the front desk works every evening and provides the best customer service you can expect. Anything you need she will get it for you.
The room comes with free light breakfast and a light dinner during the week.
The rooms are very nice and modern. The rooms come with an easy adapter for the TV, so you can plug in your DVD player,I phone etc directly through the TV without having to stuggle with the back of the TV.
Definitely a place to stay if you want comfort and customer service without having to pay a premium.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
MOON TOWNSHIP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This was our first time in the Element hotel. It has a well appointed kitchen in the suite. Stainless steel appliances, it looked very nice. The entire hotel is done in a clean, non-cluttered, simple line, functional style. The room was very nice and comfortable. The pool was much smaller than the picture and crowded with kids, so we didn't get to use it. The work out room was fantastic. Morning breakfast was good, with a basic, but not an abundant choice of foods. The staff was very nice and helpful.

It is well located if you want to shop at the Arundel Mall or play in the casino. It is a hotel I would easily stay in for business or pleasure.

When choosing a room ask for one not facing construction. We were awoken both mornings with the incessant beeping of the backhoe in reverse (6AM on a Saturday...who gets up that early).

Room Tip: Ask for a hotel not facing the construction of the hotel behind them.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Waterford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel has great potential, very stylish, nice large room, walk-in shower, kitchenette but they just can't seem to get it together. The staff all seems like they can benefit from a retraining. There was plenty to whine about but for our family it all starts with cleanliness and without that, don't care what else you do, it just isn't gonna work for us. The room just didn't look hotel clean when we arrived and after the first nights stay, the housekeeping staff didn't even empty the garbage pails in the room or leave any towels, when we called the front desk to ask for towels (4 towels were requested for 3 people) we were challenged about why we needed that many??? Overall the staff just seemed like they were going through the motions. We have stayed in at least 7 different hotels in the airport area, this is definitely one to skip!

Room Tip: try not to be overlooking the ballpark, there is not room darkening shades so when there was a baseb...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear macfam2014,
Thank you for taking the time to write us your honest review. It’s very important to our team to deliver exceptional service to each guest, and we apologize that you experienced poor customer service during your stay. Cleanliness is additionally a top priority, and we are very sorry for that status of your room as this is not a reflection of our standards. Thank you again for your review, and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. Take care.
Baileys Crossroads, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I wanted to escape for the 4th July holiday, but did not want to travel very far, so we decided to stay at the Element, (great location for shopping at the mall, going to the casino and cinema). We were upgraded by Siyon at the front desk. She was very friendly and helpful. As a result of this, we decided to stay an extra night! We loved the convenience of having a separate bedroom, living room and fully furnished kitchen. The rooms etc. were very clean and fresh. We had a great view and enjoyed the breakfast downstairs. My boyfriend enjoyed a dip in the pool. We loved the shuttle to the casino and mall. I will stay here again, soon, as it was a very enjoyable weekend!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #503 and enjoyed the view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I recently stayed at the element and the customer service provided by Dakota was OUTSTANDING she was so polite and informative about both hotels and the arundel mills area I was BEYOND HAPPY WITH HER SERVICE thank you for making my birthday weekend the best ever I will be back soon

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I wanted to avoid the all night fireworks in DC so I decided to check in here. The staff was super friendly and helpful. I was upgraded and allowed an early check in and late check out! The accommodations were great. The view from my room wasn't so hot due to construction, but the room itself was clean and comfortable. I wish I could remember the lady's name that helped me at the front desk It began with an S. I am so disappointed I didn't write this review as soon as I got home so that I could include her name! UGH! Anyway, excellent service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo