“Superb value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Long Island, NY
“Superb value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed at this hotel 6/1-6/3 and was pleasantly surprised by all that it offered. The hotel offers tremendous value -- expansive rooms, free HOT breakfast, lots of amenities and it is very modern. Staff was warm and friendly, and very helpful with special request. They took a genuine concern in making sure all their guests needs were met.

We stayed in a studio room, which was large ,very modern, had free fast wifi (so rare these days), a modern bathroom, a nice living area with pull out couch, a full kitchen area and a comfortable Heavenly bed. The lobby was clean and inviting, and much different than a regular hotel. The pool area was large (indoor) and clean but was shared with the adjoining Aloft property next door. Workout room was very large for this size hotel with a ton of equipment.

Breakfast was HOT and offerings changed each day--pancakes, waffles, eggs, grits, potatoes. I would have liked to see pastries or more fruit, but it was a pretty good breakfast for the price of the room.

Location is excellent--right near I95 and the Baltimore/Wash Xway. Also right near BWI airport and Arundel Mills mall and Live Casino. Lots of shopping and restaurants within minutes.

My only complaints were that the housekeeping needs some work. There was a ton of dust all over the furniture when we arrived. The top of the refrigerator had not been wiped down in weeks and was caked in dust. Other than the dust issue, the room was clean and acceptable. This is something that bothers me and is a telltale sign that something is not right with housekeeping or management. However, despite this minor issues, the hotel still offered great value, overall was very clean and modern, and had a great staff. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear WDWFan1977,
We really appreciate your comments - thanks for sharing! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Element and were able to experience many of our hotel features including free hot breakfast and our indoor pool. We'll be sure to share your comments regarding housekeeping during our next team meeting. We hope to see you on your next trip to Hanover. Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Once again, I am biased towards Element Hotels in particular and Starwood properties in general. I just simply like them. This location is no different!

The hotel is located adjacent to the Aloft hotel and just across the street from Arundel Mills Mall (which has all the shopping you can handle, plus a Medieval Times, Best Buy, movie theater, Bass Pro Outdoor World and the Maryland Live! Casino). A complimentary shuttle is provided from both Aloft and Element to the mall and casino.

The beds at Element really stand out as their best feature! Incredibly comfortable and supportive! Additionally, the hotel is located within minutes to BWI Airport, making it incredibly convenient for those catching flights. Finally, Baltimore's Inner Harbor is a short (about 15 minutes) car ride away.

All in all, a true gem!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hanover, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My experience with the element staff, was an awesome one. I feel as if they were part of my a family. While I spent 6 weeks stay. Two Element staff that stood out Treon and Siyon staff employees that stood out was Treon, and Siyon. They made my stay here in the hotel very comfortable, and stress free, as i prepared for my future deployment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Andre S,
We are delighted to hear that your 6 week stay at Element Arundel Mills was a pleasant one and that we were able to be your home away from home. Our team is dedicated to quality customer service and we will be sure to pass along your comment to Treon and Siyon. We wish you all the best on your future deployment and hope to see you soon!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Clean, comfortable, roomy. Each room has a full kitchen if you're going to be there awhile. Good restaurants in the area. Every employee I encountered was friendly and helpful! Free shuttle service to all commercial venues in the area, and a shuttle service to the airport or train station.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear ProfesorE,
We are very delighted to hear that your recent stay at Element was a pleasant one. We're glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms, location and local shuttle service. We hope to see you on your next trip to Hanover. Take care!
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I recently stayed in a 1 bedroom suite this past weekend for my birthday. Check in was painless, I guess they made me sign a "no party" contract since it was a weekend. OMG, the room was nice. Very modern and eco friendly. I love the details like bamboo flooring and rain shower. Speaking of the shower, it was WONDERFUL. The bed was comfortable, i cannot complain. I was on the third floor and was facing a water tower. Its really nothing to complain about, just noting it. I really want to go back for the pool. I did not get a chance to try it out. There were a lot of children but that is expected since it is by a lot child friendly venues. A shuttle ran ALL night from the hotel to the casino, which was nice since my friends and I were drinking. The breakfast was just ok. Pancakes seemed like they were the frozen kind and eggs were the restaurant quick serve eggs. eh. Overall, I recommend this hotel and I cannot wait to come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Kamilah K,
We really appreciate your review - thanks for sharing. We're glad you enjoyed our one bedroom suite and took advantage of our local shuttle service. We hope you'll come back to experience our pool on your next trip to Hanover. Take care!
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I normally stay at the Aloft which is right next door but wanted to try something different. I will say the rooms are very spacious and equipped with a small kitchen that you don't get in all hotel rooms, but it was very refreshing that The Element provided those amenities. The bathroom was a great size as well. All in all, the layout of the room was great, I loved it!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills!
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our suites! We hope to serve you again soon should your travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills area. Happy Travels!
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Liked the hotel, but the next day I saw two charges to my debit card... One for the normal 50 dollars hold and another for 152 dollars (my original booking was handled through Expedia and paid in full prior to check in). When I called to inquire, the young man who answered the phone had terrible trouble figuring out when I had even stayed there, although I had checked out less than 24 hours before. When he did figure it out, he could not explain the reason for the charge, said it was an error, and told me I would be refunded in a week or so. He said he didn't think I would be paid interest on the 200 dollar loan I was making to the hotel FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT. Nice place to stay, but dubious accounting practices. Traveler beware!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills.
Thank you for your review. I am concerned to hear about these charges. I would love to be able to get more information. Please reach out to our hotel and we will be happy to address your concerns. Thank you for choosing the Element Arundel Mills. Happy Travels!

Been to Element Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!