“Not the best for business, but a nice concept” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Chicago
“Not the best for business, but a nice concept”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at the Element for a different SPG experience. I was a little hesitant based on past reviews, but thought I'd give it a try. I stayed in a one-bedroom suite for 4 nights while taking a professional certification class.
Cons:
The hotel was mostly quiet; you could hear people in hallway and for some reason, I could hear every flush from the room either above or next door to me. I must verify from previous reviews, the floors were not the cleanest, but in the Element's defense, they don't have carpet which makes it more difficult to keep the dust away. I also noticed a few different types of hair in my bathroom; but when I saw the lotion had been used and not thrown away from the previous guest, I began to think this hotel really was not all that clean, at least not the room I was staying in. Breakfast was not impressive, but there was usually a red meat alternative (turkey/chicken sausage). The Wi-Fi kept logging me out. When I used the network cable to connect to the internet, the service was not much better. Computers in the business center were fast and reliable, but one of the printers made awful prints.
Pros:
After I requested my bathroom be thoroughly cleaned I was happy to return to a room that had seemed much cleaner. The floors were still dusty, but honestly, this is probably more an issue of material than cleanliness (the floors are texturized and dark brown/black). The bed was comfortable and the room shades make sleeping in very easy. The lobby is very contemporary and comfortable. The workout area had a variety of machines, 2 treadmills, and 2 bicycles. Headphones were provided as were towels. I didn't try the food at the manager’s reception each night.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Element. I think SPG should continue the concept, but step up their cleanliness and ensure the internet is consistent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills. Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay. It is unfortunate that you had to experience internet and housekeeping issues during your stay. We hope that we were able to rectify these inconveniences in a timely fashion prior to your departure. We have been in touch with our internet provider regarding these issues thanks to your feedback. Your cleanliness comments have been share with our staff. We appreciate detailed feedback like this to help us pinpoint areas for improvement. Thank you for choosing the Element by Westin. We hope to serve you again soon should your travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills area. Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Branford, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

To start off, we had approx 150 people stay at the element and Aloft for a tour we were planning. Elizabeth, sales manager at the element, really made the accommodations part of the tour a success! She was always very helpful and on top of every request made. Harry, GM at the Aloft, was also very helpful. I had some concerns regarding previous reviews that I read and Harry reached out to me to address all of them. After our conversation I had no doubt in my mind that our stay would be smooth...and I was right! Once we arrived to the hotel everything was done in a professional, organized manner. ALL of the rooms were clean, tidy and very put together. Breakfast was wonderful, the location was convenient, the staff is TOP NOTCH! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and if we had to do it over again we would choose element and The Aloft hotels!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills! We are so delighted that you and your tour group had a great experience with us! We pride ourselves in making sure that our staff leaves a memorable impression on each of our guests, and it's wonderful to hear that we are doing it right. Thank you for your feedback and kind words. We hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills area. Happy Travels!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is an excelent Hotel. Breakfast is great, this hotel also provides a light diner and beer Mon- Thursday. Great for Military on travel. With any establishment, there are pros and cons... but the costomer service is good. Siyon and Jessica, front desk clerks, have always assisted me with a smile. A highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills. Thank you for sharing with us your feedback. We love to hear about our Staff leaving a great impression on our guests. I will definitely make sure Siyon and Jessica hear these praises. We hope to serve you again should your military orders or leisurely travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills area! Happy Travels!
Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was high scale modern living at a very reasonable price. The location was super convenient for this trip--my wife & I caught a concert @ Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD and checked out the casino at Maryland Live, all minutes away.

We didn't even know this hotel line existed until we stayed here. Great from design, decor & amenities with included full kitchens.

We definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills! Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you found us! Element is the new Extended Stay Hotel by Starwood that has many of the familiar luxuries of a Westin, but with a touch of home for our extended stay traveler. There are only 10 of us in the world currently, but be sure to look us up if your travels bring you back to Arundel Mills! Happy travels!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our tour group (94 passengers, two Motorcoach's) stayed at the Element Inauguration weekend. Our expectations was to receive Excellent service and that we did receive. From the moment we arrived, the general manager and some of the staff came aboard both bus's to greet the group and welcome us to the hotel. Throughout the stay excellent service and accommodations was maintained. Upon our departure the general manager and Aloft assistant manager spoke with me (the tour coordinator) to solicit feedback and again extended their gratification for our stay. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills. Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are please to hear that you and your Tour Group enjoyed their stay! We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills/DC area, that we can serve you again! Happy Travels!
Newport News, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We came here with great expectations based on the reviews, photos, and reputation. However, our stay was terrible with the exception of a comfy bed and nice shower head. The first room had juice stains on the sheets. The second room has dirty dishes in the dishwasher and no silverware. The manager was very nice and apologetic but I can't let this slide without noting my disappointment. I doubt if I will come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills. Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. We are glad that you enjoyed our Westin inspired "Heavenly Beds," but we are disappointed that we did not put our best foot forward during your visit. We hope that our team was able to accommodate you and rectify the issues you experienced in a timely fashion. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.We hope to be able to serve your needs again should your travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills area. Happy Travels!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I do not often write reviews for hotels but my experience at the Element was remarkable. The room was immaculate, but it was the level of service that blew me away; the staff were exceptionally accommodating and bent over backwards to provide me with every luxury.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills!
Thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay with us.We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit! We hope to be able to serve you again soon! Happy Travels!

Been to Element Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!