“Clean, pet-friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Clean, pet-friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was traveling by myself with my small dog, just staying the night to catch my next flight in the morning. If you read any of my posts, they are generally positive, so when I comment negative you know it is something that really stood out to me.
1. My biggest complaint was that their airport shuttle has to be arranged PRIOR TO your arrival. I waited for 30 minutes and eventually gave up and got a cab ($30) who took me to the wrong hotel. Other hotel was nice enough to take me. Upon check-in I was able to request it for the next morning no problem. Driver was really helpful and nice.
2. My second complaint is that there was not a hotel/local area guide. I enjoy reading these because I never remember all the info told to me at reception (breakfast hours, check out time, etc.). Also has local restaurants that deliver or are within walking distance.
3. I was surprised to see staff in polo shirts and khakis. I've never been in a hotel where the staff are so casually dressed. Staff were helpful--no complaints there, it just makes them look less credible I suppose.
4. My room was super clean and functional...couldn't ask for more! Since I was only staying overnight I didn't utilize the functional kitchen, but definitely would if staying longer. Large window for natural light. My only complaint about my room was that I was in a wheelchair accessible room, so no tub. Not a big deal at all except that the shower's water stopping liner did not work, so the whole bathroom floor flooded. Internet worked very well. Lots of cable channels.
5. If you have a car there are plenty of places in the area to eat. If not, there are delivery options available. I did not see vending machines, but there is a pantry by reception where you can buy snacks and drinks.

Room Tip: Pets are only allowed on 2 floors, so you can request a non-pet room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills! Thank you for the great feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences. I am glad to hear that a majority of your stay with us was satisfactory. We thank you for choosing Starwood Hotels. We hope to serve you again soon!

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Me and some friends came to visit the Balitmore area from NYC. We arrived and were promptly greeted by friendly staff. Our room was ready and it was clean, modern, comfortable and had a sexiness to it. Its located next to Arundel Mills a huge shopping, casino complex with plenty of choices to eat. About 20 minutes from Baltimore. Would definately come back again.

Room Tip: Beautiful comfortable rooms. My new place to stay when visiting Baltimore/DC area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills! Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our local attractions. We would love to have you back again soon! Thank you!
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I put together a reunion weekend at this hotel and I have to say that the management team of Elizabeth and Sesley were awesome! They accommodated all of the reunion attendees even after the cut off date. It was marvelous and my first time staying at the Element, but not my first time at a Wyndham property. A bonus was the comp breakfast that I had no idea was included.

The only downside is that I do not like staying in pet friendly hotels, because I don't like the fact of possibly sleeping in a room where a dog laid on a couch or bed. BUT I made the exception because I loved the layout of the hotel and the rooms.

We will definitely use this location as our host hotel for our next annual MD venue.

Room Tip: The windows open and the corner units are the larger rooms...more bang for the buck!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills! Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We love to hear guest comments and we share them with the team. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you next year and host your next reunion!
Hanoi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

A typical highway hotel. Lobby is trendy and nice. Dog food at the entry, and this to welcome dogs, so so in terms of hygiene.Not that I do not like dogs, but in a hotel, it just does not fit in. Check in fast and easy.
Rooms are on the rather bigger side, maybe too big (feel empty).
Cons:
- no the best impression of a clean room. Carpet dirty and wooden floor dusty;
- bed linens had not been ironed. Not a good looking bed, just a wrinkled one. At first, I thought they had not changed the sheets, but no
- bed is really too soft
- air conditioning which is really, really noisy, and blows directly on your bed
- in the hallway, electrical rooms in maintained open with a towel (!!!) maybe because they did not have the keys to open it
If not very quiet hotel.
Breakfast so so, not very qualitative and lacking space. They should create a dedicated bft room, as it is taken in the lobby, and get dirty fast

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. One of our top features of being an extended stay hotel is that we allow pets. This gives our guests the freedom and comfort of bringing their favorite furball along for what can be a weeks long trip. We also have larger rooms than the average highway hotel due to the fact that we have kitchenettes and living rooms in all our suites. As a Westin property, we have the ever so soft "Heavenly Beds." We understand that this may not be something that all our guests prefer, but we do our best to accomodate all our guests and requests. Thank you for staying with us at the Element by Westin, and we hope to serve you again.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Nice, modern suite hotel. The rooms are spacious and light with full kitchens and spa style showers. The rooms can easily accomodate 4 but there was just the two of us. The bed was very comfortable and the room quiet so had a great sleep! The breakfast was the standard eggs, sausage, pancake and a mix of cold foods. I would easily recommend this hotel to anyone...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your sleep on our "Heavenly Beds." We hope that if you attend another reunion that we can take care of you again!

Thank you!
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This property shares a building with the Aloft W Hotel but, they have separate reception and common areas and from what I could see separate gyms. The hotel is close to BWI Airport and a relatively short and quick drive in Baltimore (non rush hour traffic).
The staff at reception was pleasant and efficient- Now the not so good:
I had a one bedroom suite on the 5th floor. The elevator was the first negative- it was dirty and just seemed unwelcoming. On entering the room it looked nice but something seemed off- first I could tell that the only cleaning the room had received had been a superficial wipe down- I don't think they have done a deep clean since the place opened. I was scared to touch anything- nothing looked clean. There was funny odor in the bedroom that I can only imagine was a result of a water leak or a dog "accident"- In any case again the carpet just didn't look or feel clean. The couch in the living room same story dirty looking. Even the glasses and cups in the kitchen are seemed clean but on closer inspection one could clearly see finger prints all over them. Walls were scuffed- furniture also looked like it had seen better days. Overall very disappointed. Also was woken up at 10pm with people talking outside (no sound insulation whatsoever). I was also "behind" the exterior decorative lights that didn't go off until 10 pm so I had light shinning in even though I was try to get to bed early. I also noticed scotch tape on the drapes so I wasn't the first to have an issue with the outside light. Overall very bad experience- I won't be returning and suggest you avoid the place- You can see from my profile that I stay at a lot of hotels around the world and not often do I give such negative marks.

Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We noticed from your score and feedback given to us that we did not meet your expectation nor ours. Like any hotel, we strive to make each and every visit a great experience. I hope that you had the chance to share these situations with our staff to give us the opportunity to correct them before your departure. It is always our goal to review all of the issues, addressed every concern, and come up with resolutions that are appreciative and acceptable. I apologize if we fell short in that department. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Arundel Mills area, that you will visit us again and gives us the opportunity to WOW you!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Great hotel, when I arrived there was a line to check-in; No big deal 7pm it's shift change & there's a wedding party checking in. I had a studio king and I can say I absolutely loved the room; comfy bed, large couch, huge bathroom, full kitchen. Hotel is easy to find, across the street is a bank & 24hr grocery store. Mall and casino are close by as well. My biggest point of amazement was the noise level, hotel common areas were so noisy with the hotel being full but the moment I closed my door 0 noise. Hotel staff were helpful but, not obtrusive. Will stay here again on my next BWI layover.

Room Tip: Studio rooms have more space & are only $10 more
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jenny M, AGM at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Greetings from the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills! Thank you very much for your recent review here on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay! We take pride in our hotel, your home away from home, and we always hope to provide our guests with a wonderful experience. We hope that if your travels bring you to the BWI area once more that we can serve you again!

Been to Element Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!