“Very nice, spacious and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
New York City, New York
“Very nice, spacious and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

My family and I stayed here on our trip to the Baltimore/DC area we went online and seen the location was very accomodating to us since it is right smack dab in the middle of Baltimore and The capital DC, so it may travelling quit hasselless. The rooms were very spacious and we had on issue were we called maintenance to our room to take care of it and the maintenance person came right up about 5 minutes from us calling and had it fixed in no time. I have never seen a hotel respond that quick to a maintenance issue. By the way if you have a issue in the maintenance at night the person you would hope to get his name is Domonic ( I believe thats the way you spell it). The front desk staff is very friendly on check out and in and anytime you encounter them. I can see that they pride themselves and as a SPG member they truely bring out the uniqueness that SPG is known for. Also, the bed was excellent to stay in I felt like I didnt want to get out of it. Once again a very nice place to stay I will be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
fmayes, General Manager at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Element Arundel Mills. We appreciate your business and your positive review of the hotel. Element is one of Starwood Hotels newest lifestyle brands that features a modern, environmentally friendly design. Element was conceived from the DNA of Westin Hotel and thus features the signature Heavenly Bed, which you experienced first hand! Also thank you for the comment about our staff. The associates at element Arundel Mills take pride in their work and the passion shines through in the service that they provide. We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to the Hanover/Baltimore area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

My family stayed there only for one night after visiting Baltimore inner harbor. It looked like too good a deal to be true based on my web search; but it is all true. For my moderate price around $100 I got a great clean modern 2-Queen room. It has a kitchen with cooktop plus some basic cookware and utensils. The minor issue is with a missing door lock in the bathroom. If I stay longer that will have to be fixed. I also cannot find the hair dryer but my wife had hers. The window shade does not block all the sunlight; it leaked through the seam on the side. I am a early rider but this could be an issue to some. The stay also includes breakfast. The swimming pool had a life guard on duty when I was there; but the pool is kind of small for a hotel of this size. Based on what I was told during registration, there is only six of these in the country at this time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the element Arundel Mills. Element is one of the newer lifestyle brands by Starwood Hotels and features some of the best that Westin has to offer, including the signature Heavenly Bed, which provides a very comfortable sleep! We apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. Currently there are nine element Hotels throughout the country and we're hopeful that others will be built in the coming years. Thank you again for your positive review and we hope that you will consider staying with us again when you are back in Baltimore!
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Very happy with Element--kitchen perfectly stocked and very nice, updated modern feel which I prefer personally decor to a residence inn when I need home type set up-- great shower/bathroom, comfortable bed--love that they had technology box that let's you play ipod or ipad etc on the tv--so you can bring your downloaded programming and see on big tv. Loved touches of green---if you have an electric car---they had a plug in for it. Soap in kitchen was organic--green etc etc. Outside had a grill for use. Safeway in walking distance to fill up kitchen and I could eat healthy on a business trip! I will look for this brand to expand!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
fmayes, General Manager at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you for your positive and upbeat review. We appreciate you choosing to stay at the Element Arundel Mills. The Element is one of Starwood Hotels newest hotels and focused on being a “green” hotel. With the Element, it is easy to live life away as you do at home no matter how long you stay. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

As a SPG platnum member, I have stayed at many Starwood hotels over the years, but this was my first time staying at an Element hotel. It was much nicer than I expected and one seemed to get a lot for their money. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your choosing to stay with the Element Arundel Mills. We appreciate your business and your continued support as a SPG Platinum Member! The Element is one of the newer hotels by Starwood Hotels and you experienced the signature Heavenly Bed by Westin, which provides a very comfortable sleep! It is refreshing to hear that we exceeded your expectations of an Element Hotel. As an extended stay property, we offer a lot of added amenities and don’t charge anymore for them! We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area!
Narberth, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

I've been staying at Element for the past few weeks (2-3 nights per week) and it's my go-to place in the Baltimore area. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and minimal with a great bathroom - love the in-shower bath products, rainshower head and fluffy large towels. The kitchen is a welcome addition to anyone used to being on the road. A fridge, cooktop, microwave, even a toaster! Plus cabinets are stocked with pots, pans, dishes and most things you'd ever need. I haven't yet tried the breakfast or dinner options but I plan to soon.

On top of all this, the bed is one of the best I've ever had in a hotel and the flat screen tv has every channel I might want to watch.

Room Tip: Reserve early. Prices rise the closer you are to your check-in date.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
fmayes, General Manager at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Element Arundel Mills. We appreciate your business and I’m always excited to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will have the opportunity to come down in the morning and join us for ‘rise’, the breakfast offering. As well in the evenings during the week for ‘relax’, the evening treat that can range from fun snacks to everyone’s favorite, “off the grill”. Of course beverages are also included. Also next time may I suggest that you try out the other amenities such as Wii, the lobby computers or just lounge in front of one of the TV’s in the lobby. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can take one of our bikes out for a ride around the area or a swim in our pool! We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home!

Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I could've stayed at any hotel as my employer paid the tab. Glad I chose Element! As it turned out, a fellow employee also stayed here at the same time and she loved it. This hotel in unlike any I have ever stayed at and I spent 2 years in Europe in the Army and travelled alot! One big thing I liked was that it was new and extremely clean! The rooms are very different--more like an apartment than a hotel. The shower was the best I ever seen anywhere! (I read where people had problems with the shower leaking. I found that a slight turn of the shower head kept that from happening.) The bed was by far the best I've ever slept in! The full kitchen was great but I really didn't use it other than the full size frig and microwave. But for an extended stay or with kids in tow it would be invaluable! The food they provided was great. I was able to grab egg/veggie/cheese wraps (burrito like) & coffee each morning on my way out (They have them wrapped in waxed paper ready to take.) The nightly food was enough for me to count as dinner. If you like to shop the gigantic Arundel Mills Mall is practically across the street! I had a one bedroom king and loved having a seperate bedroom. I enjoyed having flat screen TVs on the wall in both rooms. The internet was great--never had a problem getting a wireless connection. (I have stayed places where you could not receive wi-fi in your room. You had to go to the lobby to have access.) I honestly can't think of anything negative to say about this hotel! I am going to Baltimore again in Sept. and will most likely stay here. I just wish they had Element in So. Calif where I go to visit family every summer!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
fmayes, General Manager at Element Arundel Mills, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you for your kind and positive review about our hotel. We appreciate your business and for choosing to stay here at the Element by Westin at Arundel Mills. The Element is one of the newer hotels by Starwood Hotels and you experienced the signature Heavenly Bed by Westin, which provides a very comfortable sleep! It is refreshing to hear that our food selections were a hit and you enjoyed the menus. We look forward to having you stay with us again in September and whenever you are in the area again!
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

We got a really good rate for the Element and were happy with our choice. The unit was a bit like a small apartment--no carpeting (I don't mind this, I just wanted to note it as it was something that stood out...), kitchen, large bathroom and living room area. I love that there was free wifi. The decor was minimalistic and modern in an Ikea way (not an insult!) but it was a nice change of pace from stuffy overdone places. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only thing that I found a bit strange was the shower. The large showerhead (which I assume is also an energy saver) trickled water out on one side but poured out the other. I assume it was somewhat broken (I've noticed this quite a bit with energy showers)? Either way, it made it difficult to shower properly. Also, because of the installed shower gel and shampoo mounts the floor of the shower was quite slippery. All small complains though since the bed was quite comfortable and space was relatively clean. No restaurant or room service (not an issue for me but might be for others...there are lots of fast food places within a 5 min drive from hotel though...)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Element Arundel Mills. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and your feedback. We have green practices throughout the hotel and you’ve noticed the showers and the installed shower gel and shampoo. We apologize for the inconveniences this may have caused, especially to take a shower. We have complimentary breakfast each morning during ‘rise’ and a manager’s reception Monday – Thursday evenings including lite fare and beverages during ‘relax’. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Been to Element Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!