“I really like this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #13 of 13 hotels in Hanover
St. Louis, MO
“I really like this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

I have stayed at this Aloft as well as the Aloft right next to the airport in Linthicum. Both of these properties met and exceeded my expectations of comfort, value and cleanliness. I travel to Baltimore every 2-3 weeks for work, so it's nice to find a clean property that is convenient, close to everything I need and close to a place to grab some food and some entertainment. The rooms are smaller, but how much do you need for a few days? The value was fantastic, approx 100/night or a little less. Big windows, large HDTV on the wall, comfy beds, modern decor. I even enjoy the bar in the lobby. Didn't necessarily like my windows opening up directly on the Element hotel, but that's only a small problem. Very much like this hotel. Lastly, the fitness center was actually really good, not just for a hotel, but the equipment was new and top of the line.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
dstrayer, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Aloft Arundel Mills. We appreciate you writing a review about your recent experience and stay with us. As you know, we are very convenient to many things with a complimentary shuttle that takes you within a five mile radius of the hotel including BWI Airport and Arundel Mills Mall. I am glad to hear that you have utilized and enjoyed the w xyz bar and lounge along with re:charge (fitness center) for some exercise and appreciate the condition that they are in. May we suggest that when you are making your reservation and checking in, you might want to request an exterior room so that your view is not of our backyard and the Element Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back when your business travel brings you back to the Hanover area!

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

We were 'assigned' this hotel through a HotWire deal and got a GREAT price for our stay. This was the first time we have stayed in an Aloft hotel, and my finance and I were impressed! Their style is like no other, which is what we liked the most! Very modern!

They had a lobby with a cute bar, pool table and lounge spots, an indoor pool and gym and a cute breakfast/lunch area for eating. I have seen complaints on here about them having no food, but at our stay they offered made to order omelets, breakfast sandwiches, waffles, muffins, fruits, cereals and much more for breakfast and they only charge for the hot food, all cold food (yogurts, muffins, fruits, etc.) were free! The also had wraps and sandwiches listed for lunchtime.

We had a king room. It was very spacious and clean. We definitely appreciated the style that is NOTHING like all of the other hotels out there. The only thing I could complain about is that we could hear the people in the room next door -- AND their music :oP.

The hotel is right across from one of the biggest shopping centers I have probably ever seen (Arundel Mills). We had dinner at Medieval Times, which was right in the plaza, and it was great!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
dstrayer, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thank you and we appreciate you writing a review about our property. We are glad to hear that you and your fiancé found the hotel to meet and exceed your expectations! We apologize for the inconvenience of the music and people in the room next to you. Now that you have experienced everything that Aloft has to offer, we hope that you come back to us on your own! We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area again!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

After I had booked my stay at ALOFT (a great price for the night I needed the room), I read many poor reviews of the hotel and needless to say I was a little wary of my stay and wasn't sure what to expect. Upon arriving, I was greated by Monica who was pleasant and helpful. There was one little problem with my booking, but Monica was apologetic and helped me solve the issue. The hotel has a great modern and chic atmosphere. It is clean and well kept. I stayed in a king sized room and I must say the decor was a wonderful change from the drab places I normally stay. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the bathroom was clean (the two biggest things I look for when staying at a hotel). The drinks at the bar were comparable to the other places in the area and the bartender was friendly. Playing pool and hanging out in the lounge was a great way to wind down. The following day, check out was simple and the front desk staff member (Vera) was chatty, friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was clean and the food was decent (better than you can expect). My colleague had a made-to-order omelet and said it was well made and the staff member working in the kitchen was friendly and helpful! Overall, I have nothing to complain about. You get a lot for the price you pay and I plan on using ALOFT for future stays. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
dstrayer, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
Thank you and we appreciate your honesty about your pre-arrival thoughts and you sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed your experience with Aloft Hotels! Thank for the great feedback of our housekeeping, front desk associates and our food and beverage service as well. We look forward to welcoming you back to Aloft when you are in the area!
Prescott, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

Experience was good minus a couple of things.

Shuttle pickup from BWI was horrible. I ended up waiting an hour plus for them to turn up despite being told that the shuttle was on a schedule of twice an hour. Spoke to a very rude and abrupt lady at reception - no name. Was met at checkin by Jayquin who gave me 2000 Starwood Points & a couple of beers to placate me for having had to stand outside BWI for an hour.

Internet in room performed horribly. Staff tried their best to remedy & have subsequently spoken to GM (3 months associated with property) and they are looking into it. As this feature was misadverised they gave me 1 night free. Staff seem willing to help as much as they are able to do so but there does seem to be a little confusion about doing what it takes to ensure guests are taken care of.

This hotel is well located to shops (Arundel Mills) and they do not appear to mind taking you to.from the MARC/AMTRAK station as well as the Light Rail station near the BWI airport. The rooms are comfortable & clean. The laundry worked fine although the dispensing machine was broken.

They had no food service (I use the word food generously) on weekends despite having a guy there with a chef looking outfit on. Spoke to the new property manager; Jayquin who was less than 2 weeks on the job and she concurred that having staff there that was serving no purpose was silly and that it would be remedied.

If they can fix the Internet then I will go back purely based on location.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
dstrayer, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, December 6, 2010
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and our services that you recently experienced. It is reviews like yours that open our eyes to the service that our guests experience. We apologize for the technical internet problems and shuttle service that you experienced. We express regret for the inconvenience in our re:fuel area for the food service. We always appreciate feedback and we look forward to your return!
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Stayed here for business 3 times. Price was the driving factor. Location is great, Property is located near Arundel Mills Outlet Mall, Costco, Wal-mart, Best Buy, Cinemark Movieplex, Supermarkets, local eateries and etc. If you have to do extended business travel, especially if it's over a weekend, this works out well. Everything is within a few blocks.
Major traveling routes are all close, 295, 100, 195, 95 etc. Only 45 minutes from Washington DC,and 25 min from Baltimore Harbor. Took me only 15 min to get rental car back to BWI Airport rental return.
Rooms are almost like walking into an Ikea store. During my stays I had a room that faced the front of the building. Workspace is in front of large window. Internet speed was good.
I didn't dine in the hotel, preferred local restaurants instead.
Staff was so-so, some were friendly, some were not, Then again remember the price is right.
Last minute reservations via 800 number were handled quickly. Took less than 5 minutes. Check-in and check-out was a snap.
Overall for business traveling, this worked well. For families the rooms are small
Considering the price I would recommend this for business travel.
Next trip to Baltimore area I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Nice comfortable property.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
elementgm, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
Aloha,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. It is always such a pleasure to hear feedback from our guests. I certainly hope that you continue to stay with us during your business trips to the area. During your next visit please feel free to stop by the WXYZ bar for some sips or bites. I am sorry that you had some talent members that weren't friendly. We will certainly keep working to make sure every talent member you interact with is as friendly and accomodating as possible. Once again thank and see you soon.
Appomattox, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

I was alerted to the aloft via Priceline.com. Looking at the reviews, I was very interested. I booked a room for two nights, for the 17th and 18th of September. Upon arrival to the hotel, I requested two additional rollaway beds( they are actually inflatable beds, acceptable to me as I have two children that wanted to sleep on them). I arrived to the room which is very nice, the bathroom is trendy and the room itself was very satisfactory. After leaving for the day, I came back later that night to the room expecting the extra beds to be in my room, but they weren't. I requested them again that night but was informed that maintenance had left for the day so I was outta luck. My son attempted to sleep on a cushioned bench to allow my two younger daughters to share one of the queen size beds but I found that next morning that he went and slept on the floor since the bench was too uncomfortable. That morning my wife requested the extra beds again for the last night of our stay, the girl working on that Saturday was not very nice and told my wife she would take care of it. That night, upon returning to our room, the beds were missing again!! We went down to the front desk and the two girls working Saturday night were very nice and apologetic but they couldn't do anything since maintenance had left, again!! The next morning we requested to see the manager to complain about our stay and to compliment the two girls that worked Saturday night, as I could tell they felt terrible about what happened to us. The manager was too busy to see us, so our number was taken instead and we were promised a call back either that day or the next. It has been three days now and we have not heard from the manager, which has made us feel that we are not important enough for him or his company. While there were some bright spots for this location, the rooms and a couple of good employees, the one girl that was rude and didnt take care of our request and the manager that was too busy to hear from his customers make me say that I can't recommend this hotel to anyone, until improvements are made with management and some of the staff.

p.s. The internet was slow as well, and look at all the deals for this hotel if you decide to stay, we went with Priceline.com and if we went with the hotel directly, we would have saved $$$, getting our third night free.....

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
elementgm, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, September 23, 2010
Aloha,

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate when our guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. I want to apologize for the lack of communication delivered to you by our staff. It seems that a fairly simple explanation could have relieved a huge amount of stress that was put on your family. The room type you were staying in a Queen Loft cannot have the inflatable mattress in the room as it is against fire code for our building. We could have put you in a different room with a single King bed that would have allowed an inflatable mattress had that been your preference. I am sorry once again that during your multiple night stay it was never explained that this was the policy. I did have a name and number brought to my attention this past Monday. However the number I was given doesn’t seem to be correct, I am sorry I have not been able to get in touch with you personally. If you would like you can certainly call me directly at the hotel and I would be more than happy to speak with you. I can be reached at (443) 577-3120.
Malvern, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

My husband called the hotel directly to book the hotel on the morning of our arrival. He was told his credit card would be charged in full for the 2 queen bed reservation and we received an email for the 2 queen bed reservation. He also told them it would be a late check in, and they said that would be no problem. We arrived at the hotel with our two young children around 11:00pm and were told there were no 2 queen rooms left. I felt sorry for the girl checking us (and many others) in because it seems that the person who caused all this turmoil had left others to deal with it. The two girls at the desk said that "someone" apparently booked many more queen rooms than they have, resulting in our (and others) frustration. I reluctantly agreed to a king room and said that I would need 2 rollaway beds, but of course, there were no rollaway beds left. She then offered 2 king rooms at a very good price which we took. The hotel itself is very nice, and the rooms were also. I loved the Bliss products in the bathroom. The front desk clerk was very accommodating, and completely understood our frustration so at least there is SOME good customer service at this hotel. If they got rid of the person who caused this booking mess I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Aloha,

Thank you for your review it very important to get feedback directly from our guests. I am so sorry that we did not have the room type you booked at check in. There were a multitude of factors that contributed to our room inventory being so short on that particular room type. We the management team has been working and will continue to work to ensure this sort of issue does not occur again. I am very sorry for the delay it caused you and the hassle it put on you and your family. I am happy to hear that our team was able to accommodate you with the two king rooms. I will make sure to pass along the appreciation for the effort they put forth. Once again I apologize and hope that we will see you again sometime soon.

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!