“A very different kind of hotel; cheap, chic, colorful.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$10 Breakfast Credit
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Geneva, Switzerland
“A very different kind of hotel; cheap, chic, colorful.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Stayed here in late May while visiting family in the Baltimore area. Very nice welcome at the front desk and the room was instantly ready on arrival. Check-In and Check-Out both took less than 10 seconds! Staff are superfriendly...everyone greets you. This is a very different kind of hotel....it is new and nothing at all like the standard three star Marriott or Holiday Inn. No awful flowered bedspreads, no horrible furniture or dowdy pictures on the wall. Everything is modern and minimalist. Yes, it is an economy hotel, not a four or five star hotel, but nevertheless, it is clean, comfortable and cheap. The bed was great and the bath amenities by Bliss products were nice, Wi-Fi is free, and there is an iPod dock and big flat screen TV. I would agree with other posts that this hotel has a 'party' atmosphere despite the location next to a highway exit in the Maryland suburbs. There were two huge (and very celebratory) wedding parties during our stay, but we heard no noise at all once in the room. The breakfast is self-serve 'fast food' style, which is a plus when you just need a cup of coffee in a hurry. Have to give kudos to the chambermaid Nichole who not only cleaned the room in a jiffy but she had the broken in-room coffee machine replaced instantly for us. Only negative point is that there does not appear to be a manager visible. The front desk was staffed by one hardworking and brilliant young gal who seemed to be on duty for 15 continuous hours without a break. She easily handled multiple clients needing help, which is admirable, but I can't believe that a W Hotel would not have more front desk staff present considering the busy holiday weekend and multiple wedding parties. I have no hesitation returning to this hotel, but I might also try out the Element Hotel which adjoins the Aloft.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

The rooms were beautiful. Close to everything; shopping, inner harbor, DC. Comfortable beds. Rooms were just like being at home. Perfect!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
elementgm, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 29, 2010
Aloha and thank you for your review; we are so excited we could make you feel at home here at the Aloft. We can't wait to see you again sometime in the near future.
BETHANY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

I had a complex reservation with 3 rooms with different rooms with different arrival and departure dates. The staff was great at accomodating our requests for adjoining rooms. When the final bill had an issue as compared to the reservation the staff fixed the problem quickly. I have found the beds and room features excellent for a hotel with the reasonable price Aloft charges. It has become my first place to check when visiting a new area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
elementgm, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 28, 2010
Aloha and thank you for your very positive feedback it is so important to hear from our guests about their expereience. I am so happy to hear we served you well; obviously we want to be your first choice every time and can't wait for you to come back!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

We have stayed here twice when my wife has to be in the Ft Meade area, and both times we were pleased with the rooms. The beds were very comfortable, the showers were great, and the breakfast in the morning was decent for being free.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

This is the second Aloft I've stayed in. Style-wise, it's a carbon-copy of the one in Lexington, Massachusetts. The clientele is different in terms of race and ethnicity, mirroring the ethnic differences in both states, but the people are essentially the same. At Aloft Lexington, there was a [mostly Caucasian] wedding party; at Aloft Arundel Mills, there was a mostly African-American slumber party. On neither occasion were we disturbed or did we even hear it. The hotel is a steal for the price, is classy and hip, easily has more of an edge than Holiday Inn or other comparable chains, and is perfectly located halfway between DC and Baltimore, next to BWI airport (2 miles) and Arundel Mills shopping district but away from urban commotion. They also have a nice bar and a pool table, a wonderful pool and a nice fitness room.

Cons: No restaurant in-house. "Suburban" location. One of the two lobby computers wasn't working during our stay. Visible security officer in the evenings.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
elementgm, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 26, 2010
Thank you for your comments it is always a pleasure to hear from our guests. I am also happy to let you know that since your departure we have repaired the second computer in our IN TOUCH area. As far as food goes we are a limited service property but do have food available in our RE:Fuel pantry and additonal hot items available at the WXYZ bar. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

Good stylish hotel near a major shopping area. Easy to get to both DC/Baltimore and good access to BWI.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Dillsburg, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

I checked in the evening of April 11th so that I could sleep and leave my car for a very early flight to Jamaica. The hotel chain looked interesting so I thought I'd give it a try. Never again! The sheets had stains! I was too tired to complain and assumed my trouble would be over after I left the next morning for Jamaica. When I returned on April 17th I called the hotel twice for transportation back to the hotel and twice I was transferred to the BWI hotel. This was not the hotel I called! It took an hour to get a shuttle and they took me to the wrong hotel. The Aloft shuttle driver did not take me to the correct location, he simply dropped me back off at the airport. Finally the correct Aloft shuttle driver picked me up and dropped me off at my car. This process took 1 1/2 hours. Never again!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
elementgm, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 21, 2010
I am so sorry for the issues you encountered with our shuttle service. I have shared your expereince with my entire staff and we have put and continue to put measures in place to help avoid this sort of issue from ever occuring again. We didn't live up to what we hold as our standards and you shouldn't of had to deal with our shortcomings. I am so terribly sorry for your inconvenience and hope one day you will give us another chance.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
4.0 of 5 stars 288 reviews
Candlewood Suites Arundel Mills / BWI Airport
Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!