I stayed at Aloft last month due to weekend orders to report to Fort Meade. I brought my wife and 2 kids with me (8 and 2) and thought we might enjoy a peaceful weekend away. We pulled into the hotel around 9:00 p.m. and the first thing that caught my attention was the LOUD music pumping out speakers in the lobby area when I checked in. The lobby wasn't so much a hotel lobby as it was a ghetto club, rap music blaring and people everywhere. I almost turned around and went to a new hotel but I had already pre-paid online. The only thing worse than checking in in this environment was having to go get my wife and kids and bring them through "da club" and to the elevator. I can understand trying to be young and hip, but seriously, I was afraid that someone was going to whip out a gun during the middle of the 50 cent song and clear the place out. Unbelievable. I booked this hotel based upon the internet photos of game tables and a nice pool for my kids, but I was always afraid to take my kids near any of these places. The bottom line is that unless you love rap music and heading into the hood to go clubbing - stay away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Aloft Arundel Mills Hotel, located just minutes outside Baltimore and the BWI Airport, is near fantastic shopping at the Arundel Mills Mall, great restaurants and lots of family-friendly fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Starwood, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Aloft Arundel Mills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Arundel Mills Hotel Hanover
- Aloft Hotel Arundel Mills