“Loved It” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 13 hotels in Hanover
New York City, New York
“Loved It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

I stayed at the aloft arundel mills this past weekend (Oct 30- Nov 1) for two nights from the beginning they were very accommodating. I booked online in september and when I went back to check the rates two weeks before the trip the rate decreased. I called them and they gave me the lower rate. I also needed to check in very late, that was also no problem. As soon as pulled into the parking lot and saw the nice colors we knew we were going to enjoy our stay. We walked into the lobby and was greeted with Aloha. The lobby had lots of color, a bar, pool table and lots of tables, chairs and couches for seating. We checked in quickly (two adults and one nine year old). When we arrived at the room we were very pleased. It was very modern. The only complaint my friend had was that their was no dresser. I didn't mind this because I never use the dresser when I travel. The closet also is not your conventional closet (but it is roomy enough for all to hang your clothes if you want. The bathroom also didn't have a bathtub but that was also fine with me. The shower had shampoo anf body wash dispensers in them. We called the front desk for an extra set of towels and they arrived in less than 10 minutes. The hotel was close to a huge mall. When I am looking for hotels I will definately check to see if there is an Aloft in that city.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

This was the best hotel I think I've ever stayed in. It was beautiful! I didn't want to leave. Very clean, lots of activity.

Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Virginia Beach, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

We held our 3rd TCE Career & Business Meetup at this event and they delivered EXTREME customer service and presentation. Food was excellent, ambiance was exceptional, Brian the Operations Manager got the vision...and delivered it! The Aloft talent team Yolanda, Franky, Marilyn & Martin the General Manager exceeded ALL expectations and made our guest and my company http://TceNow.com "look good". In this economy customer service is KING...and Aloft Arundel Mills delivers. I STRONGLY suggest you hold YOUR next business event (large or small) here, you will be more than satisfied! Based on the performance and RED CARPET presentation, we will bring our events here for the 2010 season.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
new york, ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

We stayed at the Aloft for two nights to attend a family wedding in Baltimore. We have a 14 month old child and found it difficult to find things we needed to make it a good stay. First the rooms were small- we ended up getting 2 adjoining rooms and leaving the door open because the room was too small to accomodate our pack and play and allow us to move about the room. There are no bathtubs. The sinks are a contemporary stylye and TINY: a bath in the sink was not possible. The food selection in the lobby is poor and you pay for everything, including a cup of coffee. There is a large mall across the street which could be entertaining if that interests you but the restaraunt choices in the area are very unhealthy- fast food. There is a very nice supermarket very close and that was a lifesaver but the minifridge in the room didnt work which i realized after keeping a half gallon of milk for bottles in overnight only to find it warm in the morning.
It is a 20-30 min drive to Baltimore, further than we thought.
The pool is very nice and fitness center is nice. The staff is very friendly and helpful. However, at the end of a day of feeling that most basic daily acitivities for the family (eating, finding child appropriate entertainment, and bathing) were a huge struggle, my husband and i decided to rent a movie after our son went to bed. There are no movies available through the cable service at the hotel.
This hotel is an affordable and fine option for a business traveler but not good for families with young children.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
silver spring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

I loved this hotel!
From the awsome lobby/ bar area with random little games for our enjoyment ,and great service from front desk staff and bartender, to the uniquie layout on the elevator floor and esquisite rooms.
I also loved the fact that they have a pool table with all you can play pool free of charge. The pool was nice and workout room too.
All and all I really enjoyed myself and will come back soon!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

I recently traveled to Baltimore to attend a Red Sox-Orioles game at Camden Yards. When making the decision where to stay, my main concerns were price reasonableness, location and transportation. Since I would have my 9-year-old daughter with me, I wanted to make sure the trip in and out of the city would be smooth and stress-free. I chose aloft Arundel Mills in part because the website clearly stated that transportation to and from the Light Rail Stations would be provided.

I arrived at aloft at exactly 3 PM on Saturday, August 1st. My reservation provided 3 PM as check-in time. However, the room was not ready and we had to wait approximately 45 minutes until we could finally check in. aloft did provide a shuttle to the BWI Light Rail station and stated that they could pick us up there after the game. Because of the delay in getting into the room, we were not able to meet friends before the game for dinner as we had hoped, but ended up not even getting to the game until after the first pitch.

After the game, we waited for approximately an hour at the Light Rail Station at Camden Yards and the trains to BWI kept being packed. When a train for Cromwell Station arrived with room on it, I called the aloft front desk and asked if they would be able to pick us up there. They said yes. Since I had a tired 9-year-old, I was delighted to hear this and we climbed on.

When we arrived at Cromwell Station, I called aloft and they said they would be there in 15 minutes. After about 25 minutes of standing in a dark and desolate train station at 12:30 AM as a single woman with a 9-year-old girl, I called again and was told the shuttle was too busy bringing people back from BWI and would not be coming to Cromwell!

Luckily for us, a cab came by shortly thereafter and he kindly took us to aloft. It cost me $20 in cab fare, plus a $3 tip. We got into our room about 1:15 AM and soon after that our fire alarm went off! We left our room and realized no one else’s alarm was going off. We went back in and eventually it stopped, but there was a relentless beeping all night that may have been the smoke alarm but I never could find the source of the beeping. I don't smoke and there was nothing in the room that could have set an alarm off.

All in all, our stay at aloft was very unsatisfactory to say the least. Saying that they would pick us up at a train station and then not coming is inexcusable. I was left standing there in the middle of the night with a little girl. It was terrifying. The advertised shuttle transportation is one of the main reasons I chose to stay there. I will not be staying there again.

As for other factors, the indoor pool was great and the fitness room looked nice although I didn’t use it. I didn’t like the floor in the lobby- it looked like dirty concrete, and the outdoor patio type brick tile in the bathroom and shower wasn’t really to my taste but seemed new and clean. Bed was comfy- if there hadn’t been beeping all night I might have slept well. The bartender was very cool too. He gets a thumbs-up.

I am really not that picky when it comes to hotels but so many things went wrong for us I felt compelled to share. After the great Tripadvisor reviews I was really disappointed in this hotel. I honestly think they weren’t prepared to handle the big crowd that came for the Red Sox game but a hotel should be able to handle full occupancy better than this.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

With so many aging properties out there it's fun to stay in a new place. And it looks new. Service is great and people are friendly. There is a small pool and exercise room, and decent snacks along with a pay a la carte breakfast service.

Room is not fancy but quire functional. Just a desk chair (quite good) and a bed.

The only thing I was disappointed in was the internet. Both wired and wireless was really slow during most of the time I was there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!