“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 13 hotels in Hanover
United States
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

With so many aging properties out there it's fun to stay in a new place. And it looks new. Service is great and people are friendly. There is a small pool and exercise room, and decent snacks along with a pay a la carte breakfast service.

Room is not fancy but quire functional. Just a desk chair (quite good) and a bed.

The only thing I was disappointed in was the internet. Both wired and wireless was really slow during most of the time I was there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

First, let's admit it: the hotel is brand new (as hotels go). And the Aloft concept is just loads of fun -- from the free nut crunch at reception to the warm colours. Both the place and the staff were vibrant. Sort of like flying on Virgin Atlantic or Southwest where the flight attendants are great additions to the trip.

I was on the 6th floor facing east -- with a view over BWI and, in the distance, Baltimore city.

Everything in the room was perfect -- the size of the room, definitely the size of the TV, the bathroom, and the shower --- with room for more than one, if the occasion arises.

After this, my first stay, I've made 3 more reservations for later in the year.

And while this is certainly not a centre-city hotel, everything you want from supermarkets to shopping to places to eat is across the street.

I think they've just stolen me away from Marriotts where I have been a customer for decades at least for my trips to Baltimore.

Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

I stayed at the Aloft Hotel and it was such a wonderful hotel. The staff was great. The pool table, the lobby area is great to sit and relax and enjoy yourself. If you are in the area you have to check it out. Such a great place!!!.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

I stayed here on business in June. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean/quite, the bathroom was great, and the room was a good size for a studio. They also offer a free shuttle to the mall and the airport which was great for me. The bartender, Stephan, was great and they don't charge you a cancellation fee if you change your reservation dates. I asked for more coffee for the personal maker and they brought up 3 more packages in about 5 mins after my phone call to the front desk.

However, I didn't like not getting some sort of breakfast included in the room--I had to pay $3 for a break bagel and $3 for orange juice so I felt that the money I was saving on the room was getting dime'd out of me. I didn't like that I had no dresser drawers so my clothes were hanging out on the shelves for everyone to see. I didn't like the location--on the map it looks like you can walk across the street to the mall but unless you want to cross an ditch, a forest, and 4 lanes of traffic, I wouldn't try it--just take the shuttle.

All and all, I liked it. I think I might stay at another hotel where they offer more extras like the Element next door (also a W hotel but a little more expensive, offers a full kitchen, and breakfast included).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Annapolis, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I stayed at the Aloft and booked four rooms I must say the staff was very friendly and was helpful with keeping the cost of the trip discrete from the others being that I was paying for the room later that night i needed a 5th..No problem was Carmen response! :) April, Carmen ,& Nick at the front desk was excellent. I cant remember the guy name at the bar dark curly hair he was very nice too. i enjoyed the weekend get away I work at a hotel so I know what good customer service is. I didnt like that when i opened my window shade i practically was looking into someone else's room,( i ended up keeping my shades down) I also didnt like when i pressed one for the operator i reached the Element which was right next door, thats inconvient. The pool was not very big, upon arrival I really wanted to get in but with the soccer team in houseCROWDED TENNAGERS..ETC. I deceided to wait until the next day, my boyfriend and I enjoyed the quality time. The next night was suppose to be a girls night out they were sold out of queen beds.. April went above to get me one...unfourtanelty girls night was cancelled my boyfriend ended up staying in a room with two beds but didnt complain after April went through soo much to get me that room. I didnt like that an employee Jennifer came and got us from the pool and said we had to move NOW we couldnt wait until after we got out the pool to move rooms... I mean i was just told you were sold of queen beds but they will try. i was willing to tip someone to move i made that clear we were already packed up. Also i needed towels 20 minute wait are you serious... she did give me the option to just come get it myslef..??? seriously?....she seemed to be too busy with her "girlfriend" NOT professional at all. Overall there were a few issues I dont care to share because I'm sure it will be taken car of the hotel was excellent: The over size showers WOW..... The bar by the door take your drink and lounge right in front of the fire place looking into the pool! The friendly staff. I LOVED THE BEDS TOO!...Not my linen!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!