“Average hotel Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
North Haledon, New Jersey
“Average hotel Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Went to Ranger Capitals playoff game in DC and didn't want to spend a lot on a hotel. Decided to stay outside DC to accomplish that. A friend recommended Aloft. The location was good. We were only about 20-25 minutes outside of DC. The area actually had a lot to offer shopping, lots of restaurants a casino. I would have given it an average rating but because of the incredible shuttle driver ( I feel bad because I forgot his name not because he wasn't memorable but because I have a horrible memory these days). He was excellent! He gave us an excellent recommendation for dinner at Timbuktu. When we got there it was a two hour wait. We put our name in and then he took us over to the mall ( his suggestion) dropped us off for an hour and a half and then came back and picked us up brought us back to Timbuktu just in time to sit for an excellent meal. Like I said I think the hotel is average. It's clean, has a modern kind of hip hop vibe, decent rates but nothing stood out yah or nay except the shuttle service experience. His name may have been Ken ( still not sure) but he is the reason I bumped it up to 4

Stayed May 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Noisy rooms due to the stark accommodations. Over-priced food in lobby and very little choice later in the evening. For a tech-savvy hotel, I was a little surprised that you can't check out on the TV. Plus the remote was all taped together. This chain tries to hard to be chic.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Medford, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Overall the hotel and the room had an interesting vibe of modern and retro. But there definitely were some problems with my stay. On 2/3 of the occasions that we used the front desk (check in, buying snacks and check out) the staff was distracted (by things that had nothing to do with helping guests - like counting the $ in the drawer) and unable to complete the actions in a timely or efficient manner. Although the room was clean (first priority!) the bathroom sink didn't drain properly, the shower leaked all over the floor despite the shower door being firmly closed and the paint was peeling on the windowsills. I paid attention to see if I was asked at check out if all was ok with the room and I was not or I would have mentioned all of the above. And finally, I realize that bed comfort and firmness is very subjective and it's hard to please everyone but I found the bed too hard and uncomfortable. If there were no other hotels in the area I would stay with there again (because it was clean) but given that there are several others I would definitely try those before coming back to this one.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have stayed at Aloft hotels in other cities so I decided to give this one a try. The hotel itself was not too bad. The room could definitely use a little updating as it was a little "weathered". The biggest issue I had was the WiFi. I stayed on the second floor and for some reason I had issues connecting to the WiFi. My friend next door also had the same connectivity issues. I initially gave this hotel three stars but bumped it up to four stars because of the customer service. I informed the front desk about these WiFi problems and worked tirelessly to help resolve this issue. They even moved me to another room. I hope they have fixed this issue by now but all in all not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Kingsport, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We needed a place to stay for a couple nights in Baltimore and, unbeknownst to us, it was Preakness weekend. That would explain why all the hotels on the waterfront were way more expensive than usual. After a little searching I found this Aloft SW of Baltimore proper. We have stayed at this chain before and enjoyed it. The rooms are a little sparse but everything you need is there (and ingeniously stored). This particular location seemed to be showing its age, with dings, scuff marks, and the usual wear and tear. The room, however, was just what we expected. Clean and comfortable, good shower/bathroom…just what you need for a good nights sleep. This location was back-to-back with an Element Hotel (they shared a courtyard) which is another brand we’ve tried in the past (in NYC). The property is across the main drag from a shopping mall, complete with several chain dining options if that’s your thing. The harbor area is ~10 miles away.. an easy drive on highways (assuming there isn’t an Orioles game…..there was….or a major horse race in town). There is also a casino (Live! Casino) across the street and guests of the Aloft get 15 dollar credit at the casino. It is a nice casino with real dealers, unusual in these days of cost-cutting.
All-in-all our stay was fine. The hotel was as expected and we will definitely consider Aloft properties again in the future.

Room Tip: At the end of a cul-de-sac so no real traffic noise. It is near BWI so you will hear planes.... not...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Upon entering, my senses were blasted with rap music overhead, and a game of pool in the lobby. The casino is across the street and the lobby party atmosphere intensified through the evening. We tried to watch TV in our room, but had to have the hotel engineer come to our room 4 times to fix the TV as it had picture and no sound. He even swapped out the TV and the problem persisted.
Bathroom was a little awkward being with a co-worker. There is a glass divider between the shower and bed that allows for a shadow view of the person on the shower. The sliding door to the toilet has large gaps, so bathroom noises are audible. There was no sense of privacy or relaxation.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here after coming home from deployment. In deployment you're never alone and then you come and you're swarmed by your family. I just wanted to be by myself for a few days so I checked in. Love their military rate. It's not just a few measly dollars off.

The room was impeccable. The only issue I had were the beds. The first bed had wine stains and the other bed was made poorly. The pee pad under the sheets was not straight. It wrinkled up when I tried to lay on it. I could have remade it myself but no one pays money to make their own bed. I can do that at home for free. Housekeeping was good enough to remake both beds the next day. The bed was comfortable but not enough pillows.

I love the modern stylish look. They have hip music on the front lobby and a bar. Others reviewers have complained about the music but I say people ought to pay attention to the demographic a business is trying to attract. Yes, we all have the right to stay anywhere our money can afford but just looking at the photos and reading reviews tells me this place is aimed at the hip trendy crowd and not soccer moms and Lil Susie who needs to be in bed by 730. There are plenty properties geared to families, or you can just let your hair down and live a little.

At any rate, I made use of the workout room. The displays on the treadmills didn't with but they were functional. I also ordered breakfast. The first day wasn't that great but stick to the sandwiches and you should be fine.

There is a shuttle that takes you within five miles of the property. They have discount stuff for the casino. And you can earn credits for the bar by being green. There is a pool and some outdoor seating. Wifi offered throughout the property. Great customer service. Since I am local there might not be a need for me to stay here again but I will check out other Aloft properties in my travels.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!