“Not well taken care of” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
“Not well taken care of”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the Aloft because the Hampton Inn I usually stay at had no availability. For almost $50 dollars more than the Hampton rate, I was expecting much better accommodations. As other reviewers said, the room was small - I had to go outside to change my mind - but that didn't really bother me much. However, I really didn't like how poorly taken care of the rooms were. The carpet had obviously been patched with 2 different patterns, the walls were about 3 different colors from where they had been touched up over the years, and the bed sheets and towels looked dingy too. The shower handle was loose from the wall and felt like it was going to rip right off the wall!

Pride of ownership is easy to see in a hotel, and this one simply doesn't have it.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was my first exposure to the Aloft chain, and it did not disappoint. From the front desk, to the bartender, to the fabulous shuttle drivers...everyone was so friendly. They even let us check-in an hour or so early no-charge.

The rooms are very clean and modern and the bed is super comfy. Not much of a view from the room (but how can you really have one overlooking an outlet mall and casino?).

The rooms are fairly priced and the complimentary shuttle makes it super convenient to visit Maryland Live Casino. We will definitely return here again and again. Thanks Aloft!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin C, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, 3 days ago
We are excited you enjoyed your experience. Thank you for your very kind review, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am a rewards member in another hotel chain but they had no available rooms, so we decided to try the Aloft. I had stayed at an Aloft outside of Philadelphia and was very pleased. This time not so much.

The room was VERY small and cramped. The bathroom was modern but the refrigerator was right to the sink in a very odd placement. The windows didn't open and there was no iron in the room. Not the way I wanted to end the holiday weekend.

The amenities were good....pool and bar area were very chic and the shuttle service was outstanding. Wifi was free but breakfast was not.

Will not be my first choice when I return to the area but would recommend to others looking for a room. Paying for a larger room is a must.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a larger room. The smaller studio feels caged.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin C, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write us your review. I would love to personally amend your stay. If you should like, please contact me directly by calling 443-577-3120 or by emailing kchenosky@ltdhospitality.com. We are very sorry we failed to meet your expectations, and we hope you will give us the opportunity to make it right.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

SO I WAS VERY NERVOUS ABOUT STAYING AT THE ALOFT!! However I am so excited to return. I checked in with Jada. She was so kind and friendly. She recommended that we head over to the casino and told me all about the mall. She was so informative and she made the check in really pleasant. Also Jimmy our driver told us all about Arundel mills. He was like a personal tour guide we almost didn't want to get off of the van because he was informative o the area he even told us about the $15 free slot plays. Myself and girlfriend had an amazing time at the casino and we thank all the staff for their amazing service you guys are great I will be back next month and I will definitely be staying at the aloft.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin C, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, 3 days ago
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay - we really appreciate you choosing us! I have already recognized Jada and Jimmy.

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Thank you!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The young lady at the front desk did not have good customer service skills upon check in. We arrived early and she was very dismissive and not friendly. I noticed grime on the shower walls. The beds are not comfortable. Reminds me of futon beds and the bedding was sloppy. The rooms were basics and small. The decor was unique and modern. The decor in the WXYZ Bar was very nice and modern. I liked the outside decor as well. My boyfriend and I were confused at breakfast because only $10 of food was included with your room. We didn't like that. I will not stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear YOUKNOWMYNAME,

Thank you for taking the time to write us your review. Our Assistant General Manager, Kevin Chenosky, would love to personally amend your stay. If you should like, please contact him directly by calling 443-577-3120 or by emailing kchenosky@ltdhospitality.com. We are very sorry we failed to meet your expectations, and we hope you will give us the opportunity to make this us to you in the future. All the best.
Palatine, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The front desk was very nice and attentive. The only thing I did not care for was that the 1st nite, I was there. Friday 8-15-14 there was some weird party going on in the lobby. Also the room smelled a bite musty.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Danville, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff at the front desk there was very nice and helpful. It was a very different experience. I probably will not stay there again because I like to have a place to put my clothes and they had no dressers at all and a very small closet, the refrigerator was under the sink (which didn't work)so you hit it every time also there was no place to put your clothes when you showered. There was a counter over the air conditioner so when it came on you couldn't stand there (there was only one chair) to work on your computer cause it was to cold. We had a leaky toilet and they came 5 or 6 times to fix it but never did fix it in one day.They offered to move us but we were on our last day and we didn't want to pack and unpack just to pack up again the next day. It should have been an easy fix but the maintainance men wouldn't listen, all it needed a new flap, there was no turn off valve. The rooms were clean and quite large.

Room Tip: Get a room with a leaky toilet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!