“Good stay, OK service” 4 of 5 stars

$10 Breakfast Credit
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
“Good stay, OK service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I didn't have any problems with this stay. The service checking in was easy and friendly. The beds were clean and comfortable which is important and everything in the room worked fine. However the request for extra pillows was never received and we had to go down hours later for them. We had to pick up my sister from the airport and we used the shuttle to do so, the driver did seem very annoyed with his job. I'll definitely stay here again I could have been there on an off day, I had a good weekend so other than that everything was fine.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay because of the friendly staff. We were greeted with a smile when we walked in and were thrilled that we could check into our room before noon.
The room was clean and well equipped and the housekeeping staff was very accommodating when we asked for extra towels.
The shuttle bus was a great way to get to and from the casino and both of the shuttle bus drivers were extremely helpful courteous.

Connie and Charlie

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Woodstock, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

They left us standing at the airport for over two hours waiting for their shuttle. They double charged our credit card. When we complained the employee reply was, "Bad things happen in three's so you better watch out for what is next" no joke. That is a direct quote from a staff member. There are many other options in that area. I would choose another hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Bruce M,
Thank you for your review. It’s certainly important to our team to deliver exceptional service, and we sincerely apologize this was not your experience as what you did experience is very rare for our hotel. What you described is unacceptable, and we will discuss your comments with our team to ensure guest experience is improved in the future. We hope you will give us another chance to make this experience up to you. Take care.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I just wanted to thank Jimmy C for his great customer service during my surprise stay-cation that my friend planned for my birthday! We stayed at the hotel on July 2nd to start my birthday celebrations promptly at midnight :-) Jimmy C was the shuttle driver that evening and went above and beyond his duties driving us around! The hotel was great, nice atmosphere, great rooms, and perfect location for a quick mini stay-cation!

Thank you for an awesome experience Jimmy C you made our day!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Linette C,
Happy belated birthday! We are thrilled you spent your special day celebrating with us and we are happy we made it memorable. We will congratulate Jimmy C on his outstanding service to make your stay the best, and we hope you return for another stay-cation soon! All the best.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Never have I stayed at such a reasonably priced hotel and been so overwhelmed with the kindness and willingness to make my stay the best it could be. Free shuttle to local entertainment 24/7. An amazing and relaxing lobby. Rooms are very contemporary and functional. One of the softest beds I have ever slept on. Best of all if you need anything just ask I have never stayed anywhere other than the Ritz Carlton that went so out of there way to make it happen.

• Stayed July 2014
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Phoned the hotel for information about local area and attractions. Spoke with a wonderful, very informative, helpful young lady named Lisa. She answered all my questions, was very patience with my note taking and repeating information about attractions, and suggestions. By the time I was done speaking with her I looked no further. She gave me an great price for my 2 night stay and made me want to come and stay there. I am looking very forward to my anniversary get away and can't wait to get there. Thanks again Lisa...

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
philadelphia, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Newer hotel that is trying to be hip and pulls it off decently well. When you first enter, you get the feeling like you're entering a college dorm building, with the circular "front desk" area in the middle of the space. On the plus side, this hotel is VERY convenient to the Arundel Mills Mall, and the Maryland Live Casino, which was the purpose of my visit. On the downside, the room is quite small, and the largest problem for me is that the curtains are not as light-blocking as they should be. After a very late night of poker playing, I expect the room to be TOTALLY dark until I open the curtains, so that I can sleep in. A decent amount of light comes in, causing for an early awakening. I won't stay here again for this reason.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanover
The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
#9 of 14 in Hanover
4.0 of 5 stars 285 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Baltimore - BWI Airport West
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore-Arundel Mills

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!