“Pretty good, but small room, too much light leakage” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Hanover
philadelphia, pa
“Pretty good, but small room, too much light leakage”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Newer hotel that is trying to be hip and pulls it off decently well. When you first enter, you get the feeling like you're entering a college dorm building, with the circular "front desk" area in the middle of the space. On the plus side, this hotel is VERY convenient to the Arundel Mills Mall, and the Maryland Live Casino, which was the purpose of my visit. On the downside, the room is quite small, and the largest problem for me is that the curtains are not as light-blocking as they should be. After a very late night of poker playing, I expect the room to be TOTALLY dark until I open the curtains, so that I can sleep in. A decent amount of light comes in, causing for an early awakening. I won't stay here again for this reason.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The room was very nice, smelled good and very clean.The young lady Carrie at the front desk was very, very, very helpful. I needed assistance with by bill, she called me back within 5 minutes. She was very courteous, helpful and very professional. I would refer the Aloft to everyone that I know, my stay there was fantastic, I slept like a baby!!!!

Room Tip: Choose the top floor, great view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I just spent two nights here and the hotel was very clean. The staff was all extremely helpful and friendly. Everyone went out of their way to ensure I was having a good stay. I visit the area frequently and will be quick to go back as the location is convienent to everything in the area!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

The hotel is very modern and inviting. We are a young couple so we definitely appreciated the decor and upbeat atmosphere. We had drinks at the bar and our Bartender Rodney was OUTSTANDING! Best bar experience I've had in a very long time. Carrie our front desk clerk was also very pleasant, as well as helpful. We also appreciated the large fruit filled water coolers that greeted us at the door after being out in the heat. We will definitely be back....even if it's just for the Bar experience.

• Stayed July 2014
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have to say that the aloft Arundel Mills in Hanover MD was great! The bartender Amanda went out of her way to make sure we had an amazing time. We had such a good time I almost didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: Dogs are welcome and treated as well as the human guests
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

The stay was absolutely amazing. I would definitely choose the Aloft again. I loved the youthful feel and the WXYZ bar gives it a great touch. The hotel doesn't offer free breakfast, but all other aspects make up for the free breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stay just one night, and enjoyed the thoughtfully designed room layout. Contrary to the run-of-the-mill hotel rooms, this place has an open layout with a large bed headboard that doubles as the bathroom/bedroom divider and closet. It is clearly a budget-efficient design that is also innovative and pleasing.

There were some slight down sides, though. We were told that our booking was accepted despite the fact that the hotel was already fully booked, because the hotel next door (Elements by Westin) still has vacencies. However, Lisa at the front desk took good care of us and managed to get us a room (presumably a later arriving couple would get bumped to a better room next door). We also noticed that while Lisa took care of our booking issue, she had to multitask to the extream while answer other customers and phone calls. Another customer waiting behind us got livid seeing that Lisa was super busy with us while the manager was having a causal conversation with someone else, and no one else was avaliable to help him; however the manager took care of his issue in no time as soon as he spoke up. The shower water pressure was on the weaker side and the hair drier broke down in the middle of use, yet the friendly service Lisa provided was very pleasent and took care of the issue.

All the down sides were easily fixable, while staff seems friendly and fixed issues with ease. The issues could be avoided with they gave a little more attention to managing and hire more staff, however given the price we paid, I do think it is a nice experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!