The world is filled with crappy hotels, I have stayed in my last one...thanks Aloft Arundel Mills. When you take you first step into this 20-something themed party hotel, you are greeted by: neon lights, blaring music and bowls of cat and dog food...and a scent in the air, like desperation and pet farm. That aside, I was there only for one night, I figured how bad could it be? I checked in late and only wanted to sleep for a few hours.
I walk into a hyper bright room where the light attempts to shade the massive amount of stains on the floor. The rooms are set up like a dorm room for 30 year olds. The "beds" are mushy, filing free single mattress platform beds on what feels like steel rollers. The floor albeit filthy would have been more comfortable and possibly cleaner to sleep on. . ...
Nothing in that room looked, smelled or felt right. My room had two beds and a scent of a St. Bernard (I was on the no pet floor mind you). The first bed smelled like taint. There is no polite way to put it. I opted for bed # 2, hoping that ...with it being the farther of the two that it might be sanitary enough to sleep for 6 hours. I was woefully wrong. I conned myself into laying in that bed at 2:00 am. At 7:30 I awoke in a cold sweat to odd bites on my upper arm. I jumped up and pulled back the single sheet, the paper thin mattress cover (that only covered 70% of the bed) to find that I was sleeping on a bed fit for a $2.00 hooker. I couldn't help it, I had to take pictures of the massive multi stained mattress and of the strange blood spots on the underside of the cover (between the mattress and the mattress cover). I then immediately took an hour long steaming hot shower and then called for the manager. Although an apologetic housekeeping staff responded with promises of a "same day infestation investigation", I am still waiting for that manager and the report from the county to respond.
I simply can't put my head around what type of human would purposely stay at an Aloft? I got there through priceline's hotel roulette of hell. But people who willing stay there? I can't fathom. Had I laid my head down in the Aloft parking lot, I would have had a better night. Starwood should be appalled to own such a low rent chain of properties. I will forever keep that in mind the next time I consider bringing a conference to another Westin property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Aloft Arundel Mills Hotel, located just minutes outside Baltimore and the BWI Airport, is near fantastic shopping at the Arundel Mills Mall, great restaurants and lots of family-friendly fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aloft Arundel Mills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Arundel Mills Hotel Hanover
- Aloft Hotel Arundel Mills