“Aloft Hotel...just awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
wallingford, conn
“Aloft Hotel...just awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

i got to see this hotel first hand with my family member for a weekend series of the Red Sox- Orioles games and much to my surprise i was so happy to see such great accomodations in our room.He has been here before and chose this hotel again ... beautiful layout of the bathroom area- nice huge vanity with absolutely full size mirrors and another full size mirror on the door in the vanity outside of the shower area. a nice mini fridge was a great plus to the room so we could keep our juices cold overnite. the bedding was just so comfortable with a nice light down comforter.a nice sitting area desk. all in all very appealing.very quiet as the hotel was full last weekend. again the price for the overnite stay was extremely reasonable and the location was awesome right near the mall for shopping.check in was fast and same for checkout. we didnt stay for breakfast the next morning as we had plans for the game at camden yards. i would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a great place to stay.
mittens - CT.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear mittens82755,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you had a great first experience with Aloft Hotels and enjoyed the decor and layout of our spacious, loft-like rooms. Thanks again for sharing and we hope you come visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Another great great comfortable stay this past weekend at Aloft. Negative reviews all over this board for this hotel, why! Bottom of the list of Hanover hotels on this site. I don't understand it. I'm nowhere near picky when staying at a hotel but will give piece of mind on dumpy lodgings, worn down lodgings, etc. This Aloft is very modern, updated, and clean. I've stayed here now 3 years in a row for Red Sox n Orioles games. Very conveniently located 10 minutes from Camden Yards and out of the area of high cost hotels the inner harbor has that come with high cost of parking. Aloft has free parking, free internet with password required which the front desk gives upon check in. Internet took a few tries to log on but no problem, it's called having patience.Tv is flat screen and worked fine. Phone in the room worked fine. Outlets all worked for charging phones. The carpet wasn't the super cleanest of all, looks like a couple deep stains but nothing that stands out. Bathroom was spotless, shower was clean, toilet was clean, and everything ran just perfect. Although I wonder why some of the water got out of the shower during my shower onto the bathroom floor but no big deal, maybe it was me. Hotel was packed full as it usually is when im there every summer. I love this place. I wouldnt stay anywhere else but I might try the Element next door just to see what that is all about. Other than that, I'll keep coming back to this place. It's a luxury feel for a days inn price. Then again it is the starwood chain with great hotels at the top of the chain that I'll never be able to afford to stay in.

Beds were super comfortable, pillows were comfortable. I checked every inch of the bed upon check in based on recent reviews about bugs or something. Not one. Not one around the bed. People need to realize, people bring bugs with them a lot of times to hotels from home. People have bad hygeine. I dont attract bugs and didnt find any in the room. I guess if I want to get stubborn, one of the shades was a challenge closing, could use a greasing or something.

Didn't take up on the breakfast. Staff was friendly with a smooth and fast check in and check out process, emailing the bill to me upon check out was cool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear RoadRabbitTC,
We really appreciate your review, thanks for sharing! We are so glad that you've continued to enjoy your experience at Aloft during your annual Red Sox v Orioles baseball games and we hope to see you soon. Take care!
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I've always wanted to stay at one since the concept sounded awesome and this finally happened in July 2013 since I had a work function to attend for a few days in Baltimore. Finding a low price on this place sealed the deal so I took advantage of it! The property is nice but both rooms I stayed had a little wear-and-tear, but nothing major or disturbing. The beds were very comfortable and the big flat-screens TV's and free wifi are a major plus. I might be crazy but the TV's seem like they are bigger than what I've had in a room at Hilton or Holiday Inn. I really dig their minimalist layout and the staff I encountered were very friendly if I had questions or needed anything. There is also a ton of parking (which is free) and I noticed shuttles to BWI which would be great for people traveling out of there. The only suggestion I have is putting up signs for Aloft when you enter the property through the courtyard gate. The Aloft is connected to the Element hotel and both exteriors look the same, this confused me at first but when I tried checking in at Element thinking it was Aloft they let me know where to go. All in all it's a great place to stay if the price is right and i would certainly stay here again or at another Aloft if I'm in a different city. For some reason I felt like I was living in the video game Grand Theft Auto since every time I came down on the elevator as soon as the doors opened I was greeted by loud trance/dance music, I'm not complaining at all I just found that funny.

Room Tip: There are tons of places restaurants across from Ridge Rd. in the plaza that has a Wells Fargo and S...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear KB630,
We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels, especially since this was your first experience with Aloft hotels. We hope you'll come back to see us soon. Take care!
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Hotel was ok but I wouldn't recommend staying there for Park & Fly. The driver Mindy was great but the front desk associates who directed the shuttle for pickup couldn't have been less courteous. I called the night before returning to request shuttle pickup after checking in for my Southwest flight. The associate directed me to call back once my flight landed. Ok- I was fine with that. I called when we landed and asked to be picked up in 30 min at baggage claim. The associate refused and directed me to call back after I got my bags. ( frustrating) so I called again after receiving my bags. Somehow I got routed to reservations by mistake. They refused to transfer my call so I had to place a 5th call and then walk to the other end of the lower level w- heavy bags 2 small children and car seats to meet the shuttle. Felt like I had been through war. The shuttle driver Mindy was sweet and friendly to the kids but I'll never choose Aloft again because of the other rude and unhelpful staff. If you are traveling w- kids, don't stay/park here. Not fun!

• Stayed July 2013
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear vacationer2Usa,
We are so sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay with your family. We take great pride in our staff and are so sorry about the shuttle confusion. We will be sharing your review in our next team meeting to correct this issue. We hope you'll give us another chance. Take care!
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I'm SPG Platinum and love the Aloft brand. I've stayed at nearly 10 different properties and this one ranks near the bottom.

Checked in and given a room with a leaky air conditioner. Puddle on the carpet. Got another room and when they reprinted the doors, they didn't prop them open to dry, so the edges were wet. Nice to get paint on you durin check in.

Staff remedied the situation, but the hipster front desk guy didn't seem sincere about the issues.

There's a laundry so you can wash clothes on long trips. Parking is free and doesn't have lobby parties like the Aloft BWI.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear MacGiv,
We are so sorry about the room confusion that you experienced during your recent stay. We are glad that we were able to remedy the situation and hope that you'll give us a chance to make this up to you should your travels bring you back to Hanover. Take care!
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed at Aloft near Arundel Mills Mall a couple of years ago while we were having work done on our house. Not only is it convenient to the mall and many restaurants, but it was convenient for us to get kids to school and us to work while we had to be out of our house. Very modern decor. Clean, neat. There was a problem with the seal on the window while we were there and we had to change rooms as a result of a leak during a very heavy rain storm. The corner rooms are especially nice because they are a bit bigger. I would probably recommend this more for business travelers during the week, as that tended to be the clientele there, but the weekend produced more families. There is large house party/greatroom atmosphere in the lobby. Lots of comfy couches and tables near a fireplace. Small bar, billiards table, computer area. Outdoor courtyard space, as well. Pool had very limited hours during the day. The kids were disappointed they didn't get to swim as much as they had hoped right after school. Good grab and go food. Everyone there was extremely friendly. I wish I could remember all names. One front desk member we encountered was terrible, but she was there only one time during our week-long stay. Everyone else went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. Vera took care of us like we were her own family. I believe it was Dave that came to my rescue when my car didn't start one morning. When my daughter left her charger behind in our original room, after we moved to a room without the leaking window, housekeeping went above and beyond to search for it and return it to her. Would definitely stay here again if we have to be out of our home, but still be close to home. Oh, although we did not need it, they had an airport shuttle also.

Room Tip: Rooms at corner of building are larger.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We arrived at the hotel after making reservations the previous day; when we got there they did not have the room we reserved and they made accommodations with another hotel next door. This was after standing around for like 15 minutes; the person in the lobby also took my license and credit card, then left to go into a different room and left both items UNATTENDED,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear colelc1975,
We apologize for the check in experience you had at our hotel. In situations when we are sold out, we relocate our guests to stay at our sister property next door. Please know that you can always contact me personally at pahmed@ltdhospitality.com in the future should your travel plans ever take you back to Hanover.

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!