“I finally stayed at an Aloft and I'd stay again!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #10 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Chicago
“I finally stayed at an Aloft and I'd stay again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I've always wanted to stay at one since the concept sounded awesome and this finally happened in July 2013 since I had a work function to attend for a few days in Baltimore. Finding a low price on this place sealed the deal so I took advantage of it! The property is nice but both rooms I stayed had a little wear-and-tear, but nothing major or disturbing. The beds were very comfortable and the big flat-screens TV's and free wifi are a major plus. I might be crazy but the TV's seem like they are bigger than what I've had in a room at Hilton or Holiday Inn. I really dig their minimalist layout and the staff I encountered were very friendly if I had questions or needed anything. There is also a ton of parking (which is free) and I noticed shuttles to BWI which would be great for people traveling out of there. The only suggestion I have is putting up signs for Aloft when you enter the property through the courtyard gate. The Aloft is connected to the Element hotel and both exteriors look the same, this confused me at first but when I tried checking in at Element thinking it was Aloft they let me know where to go. All in all it's a great place to stay if the price is right and i would certainly stay here again or at another Aloft if I'm in a different city. For some reason I felt like I was living in the video game Grand Theft Auto since every time I came down on the elevator as soon as the doors opened I was greeted by loud trance/dance music, I'm not complaining at all I just found that funny.

Room Tip: There are tons of places restaurants across from Ridge Rd. in the plaza that has a Wells Fargo and S...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear KB630,
We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels, especially since this was your first experience with Aloft hotels. We hope you'll come back to see us soon. Take care!

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was ok but I wouldn't recommend staying there for Park & Fly. The driver Mindy was great but the front desk associates who directed the shuttle for pickup couldn't have been less courteous. I called the night before returning to request shuttle pickup after checking in for my Southwest flight. The associate directed me to call back once my flight landed. Ok- I was fine with that. I called when we landed and asked to be picked up in 30 min at baggage claim. The associate refused and directed me to call back after I got my bags. ( frustrating) so I called again after receiving my bags. Somehow I got routed to reservations by mistake. They refused to transfer my call so I had to place a 5th call and then walk to the other end of the lower level w- heavy bags 2 small children and car seats to meet the shuttle. Felt like I had been through war. The shuttle driver Mindy was sweet and friendly to the kids but I'll never choose Aloft again because of the other rude and unhelpful staff. If you are traveling w- kids, don't stay/park here. Not fun!

• Stayed July 2013
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear vacationer2Usa,
We are so sorry that we failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay with your family. We take great pride in our staff and are so sorry about the shuttle confusion. We will be sharing your review in our next team meeting to correct this issue. We hope you'll give us another chance. Take care!
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I'm SPG Platinum and love the Aloft brand. I've stayed at nearly 10 different properties and this one ranks near the bottom.

Checked in and given a room with a leaky air conditioner. Puddle on the carpet. Got another room and when they reprinted the doors, they didn't prop them open to dry, so the edges were wet. Nice to get paint on you durin check in.

Staff remedied the situation, but the hipster front desk guy didn't seem sincere about the issues.

There's a laundry so you can wash clothes on long trips. Parking is free and doesn't have lobby parties like the Aloft BWI.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear MacGiv,
We are so sorry about the room confusion that you experienced during your recent stay. We are glad that we were able to remedy the situation and hope that you'll give us a chance to make this up to you should your travels bring you back to Hanover. Take care!
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed at Aloft near Arundel Mills Mall a couple of years ago while we were having work done on our house. Not only is it convenient to the mall and many restaurants, but it was convenient for us to get kids to school and us to work while we had to be out of our house. Very modern decor. Clean, neat. There was a problem with the seal on the window while we were there and we had to change rooms as a result of a leak during a very heavy rain storm. The corner rooms are especially nice because they are a bit bigger. I would probably recommend this more for business travelers during the week, as that tended to be the clientele there, but the weekend produced more families. There is large house party/greatroom atmosphere in the lobby. Lots of comfy couches and tables near a fireplace. Small bar, billiards table, computer area. Outdoor courtyard space, as well. Pool had very limited hours during the day. The kids were disappointed they didn't get to swim as much as they had hoped right after school. Good grab and go food. Everyone there was extremely friendly. I wish I could remember all names. One front desk member we encountered was terrible, but she was there only one time during our week-long stay. Everyone else went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. Vera took care of us like we were her own family. I believe it was Dave that came to my rescue when my car didn't start one morning. When my daughter left her charger behind in our original room, after we moved to a room without the leaking window, housekeeping went above and beyond to search for it and return it to her. Would definitely stay here again if we have to be out of our home, but still be close to home. Oh, although we did not need it, they had an airport shuttle also.

Room Tip: Rooms at corner of building are larger.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We arrived at the hotel after making reservations the previous day; when we got there they did not have the room we reserved and they made accommodations with another hotel next door. This was after standing around for like 15 minutes; the person in the lobby also took my license and credit card, then left to go into a different room and left both items UNATTENDED,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear colelc1975,
We apologize for the check in experience you had at our hotel. In situations when we are sold out, we relocate our guests to stay at our sister property next door. Please know that you can always contact me personally at pahmed@ltdhospitality.com in the future should your travel plans ever take you back to Hanover.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Picked this hotel due to location to everything + closeness to downtown Baltimore. Aloft was across the street from Arundel Mills mall which contained the Maryland live casino and several chain restaurants and a Wal-Mart. Oh also a Safeway grocery store and a few banks were over there. The staff was excellent and I met the manager ..all staff were very personable and always greeted me when I arrived or went out for the day. The bathroom had a walk in shower with shampoo and soap dispensers in the shower. Decent sized flat screen tv, comfy bed, fridge and iron in the room. Hotel had a bar and pool table..when I arrived they were shooting a photo shoot in the lobby area. Pretty trendy hotel, younger guests and their sister hotel The Element was next door and there was also an outdoor patio in between the hotels. Great stay!

• Stayed June 2013
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

well, i was expecting the rooms to be terrible based on my first impression, front staff more interested in gossiping amongst themselves then customer service, blaring techno music and drunk people partying in the lobby. Suprisingly quiet rooms, comfy bed -- ok ish room, but each day snotty staff, it was scraingly consistent! Great location for what we needed, nice running area to get out, would likely hit one of the more reputable brands if back in the area again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Kamala69,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about you recent stay at Aloft. Great customer service is very important to us and we sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Please contact me at pahmed@ltdhospitality.com to discuss your experience further. We hope you'll give us another chance should your travel plans bring you back to Hanover. Take care!
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!